New Thai IPTV Provider: PrimeTime

IMHO

Just a public service announcement to let you guys know there's a new Thai IPTV service now available, with VOD movies and series (no live TV channels that I can see).

Content levels are pretty low at the moment - I see only 8 TV series in total - with 10 more coming next month, and there's only around 400 movies - with another 30 shown as "coming soon".

All titles I've looked at so far have EN/TH soundtrack and subtitle options.

Prices range from 199-399 Baht/month, and their player works on iOS, Android, Chrome Browser and IE11.

https://www.goprimetime.tv/

Another update:

The "movies buffet" package actually only gets you access to just over 250 titles, of which the newest of them are from 2010.. The titles are good, but I'm struggling to see a title I haven't watched before...

The other 150'ish movies are all pay-per-view using a system of rental tickets. You get 2 tickets/month with the "combo buffet" package, and can buy tickets separately for 100 Baht/ea as singles, or 75 Baht/ea in packs of 4.

I could be wrong, because I haven't yet given them my credit card wink.png

Edited by IMHO

You happened to find the one 'legit' service out there.

PostupNews

Feb 26, 2015

“Primetime” is Set to Satisfy Movie/TV Series Fans, with Online TV on Demand

So no wonder they don't have the latest (even though their early September 2014 announcements and news releases made a point of saying they would).

Well, it's the first legit one.. at least one more coming this year ;)

Worthwhile keeping an eye on to see if they can expand the TV database and get new episodes up in a timely manner.

I can't find it again, but one of the promo videos I watched mentioned UltraHD was coming too... that's surely one to watch :)

Just sharing, according to thestreet.com, Primetime is partnered with Brightcove Inc. (NASDAQ: BCOV), so we hope that there could be more contents adding in the near future.

We test side-loded Primetime to Amazon Fire TV. The App runs very smoothly, video plays in HD with 5.1 surround sound. Speed is very fast as expected.

However, the app still not working perfectly with Amazon Fire TV remote right now. We have to work around using third-party remote app to navigate.

Nonetheless, we think Primetime has potential to be a good on-demand provider.

Happy Streaming

Just sharing, according to thestreet.com, Primetime is partnered with Brightcove Inc. (NASDAQ: BCOV), so we hope that there could be more contents adding in the near future.

Brightcove supply video streaming and player IP - they don't supply any content... that's all up to deals PrimeTime have made with the content owners.

• 3 months later...

I'm deaf and normally watch DVDs because of the choice of subtitles. Does Primetime have English and Thai subtitlres?

Thai/English Dubs & Subtitles

Enjoy our movies and TV series in the language that you feel most comfortable, either as a dub or subtitle

Extract from the intro adverts...