Over 50 retirement extension and also dependent wife/child

If a person apply and get the over 50 extension for retirement with 800k in the bank here. Can his wife or child get some kind of dependent extension to live with him. Or must the wife have the same over 50 extension of stay?

So first they get a non O in their home country. And then just apply for a dependent extension at the immigration here. No money or anything else they need? It's not for me but a friend. Yes he have 800k+ in the bank here and have had it in the bank long enough

Edited by khunerik

More info on your situation req'd. But as a norm you are treated as individuals, therefore both must have the finance. Do you have an income/pension etc.

Incorrect. Dependents for people on retirement extensions do not need any finance. Refer to reason 2.20

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=280330

Once retirement extension received and spouse has less than 30-45 days remaining on a non immigrant O entry application can be made for dependent extension to match the remaining time of spouse with retirement extension.

If visa is required it can be obtained in home country or adjacent country using proof of marriage and retirement extension of spouse

So first they get a non O in their home country. And then just apply for a dependent extension at the immigration here. No money or anything else they need? It's not for me but a friend. Yes he have 800k+ in the bank here and have had it in the bank long enough

As mentioned before: No funds are needed for dependents. Children must be younger than 20, unless disabled.

Edited by paz

More info on your situation req'd. But as a norm you are treated as individuals, therefore both must have the finance. Do you have an income/pension etc.

Incorrect. Dependents for people on retirement extensions do not need any finance. Refer to reason 2.20

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=280330

Yes and no, I assumed, perhaps wrongly, that both of them were Non Thai citizens. I am aware of the rules for dependant children etc.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

All of them are non Thai

Follow the advise given by Paz and lopburi3

Any other advise give to date on this thread is misinformed or just plain wrong !

I stand corrected.

They can get the non-o visas at any nearby embassy or consulate They don't have to get them in their home country.

All that is required is for him to have a a valid extension of stay based upon retirement. Then all they will need is proof of relationship by showing marriage and birth certificates.