British man self-harms at his Central Pattaya home

webfact

British man self-harms at his Central Pattaya home

PATTAYA: -- In the early hours of Saturday, Police and medics were called to a Central Pattaya house to assist a British man who had reportedly self-harmed.

In the front porch of the house, in Soi Arunothai, was a 27 year old man known as “James”. He was lying face-down on the ground in a pool of blood and appeared unconscious for a time. Medics saw a series of cuts to both his arms and were told by a friend the injuries were self-inflicted.

Eventually “James” regained consciousness and saw lights from video cameras which angered the man who began to chase on-lookers, including reporters, down the street.

Eventually Police were able to control the situation and sent the man to Banglamung Hospital for emergency treatment.

Talking to neighbors and friends of the man at the scene, it appears he was suffering from a health problem which required regular trips to a Hospital in Bangkok.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/175094/british-man-self-harms-at-his-central-pattaya-home/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-03-09

Medics found him face down unconscious with cut on both arms, friends said they were self inflicted. So did the friends try to administer first aid, pressure bandages to slow the bleeding or did just go back to thier noodles. Friends normally wouldn't leave a mate face down and bleeding out.

• Like 1

Medics found him face down unconscious with cut on both arms, friends said they were self inflicted. So did the friends try to administer first aid, pressure bandages to slow the bleeding or did just go back to thier noodles. Friends normally wouldn't leave a mate face down and bleeding out.

No not friends, they were "friends".

Pattaya sure attracks its fair share of troubled people.

And nowhere else does. I'm sure even Bangkok has its fair share of crazies, criminals, troubled people. No need to pick on Pattaya.

You should be used to it by now mate.

• Like 1

Been known to. When I was mugged and knocked unconscious I was saying goodnight to a farang friend who was behind the grill gate of his apartment building. When I woke up in hospital I had no idea what had happened and friend was nowhere to be seen. That friend is now known to me as 'deserter'. Edited by Keesters
  • Like 1

......With all the kook, GF problems, money problems, alcohol related problems, mental disorders, its no wonder why Thailand has

become a trauma center of the world for tourism.......an elephant ride before you slice your wrists?

It sure seems a lot of misfits congregate here. Of course, the sensationalist reporting has a lot to do with it--while some is fabricated or embellished, some you just could not make-up. I have always thought those who believe they are the only sane one in the group are the ones at greatest risk. They're coming to take me away ha ha, ho ho!

......With all the kook, GF problems, money problems, alcohol related problems, mental disorders, its no wonder why Thailand has

become a trauma center of the world for tourism.......an elephant ride before you slice your wrists?

And for all the slagging that Thais take in these forums, one can only imagine (and be sympathetic with) the views they must hold of westerners.

• Like 2

And for all the slagging that Thais take in these forums, one can only imagine (and be sympathetic with) the views they must hold of westerners.

Enlighten us with your imagination.

If there wer eno westerners in Pattaya................ There more or less wouldn't be a Pattaya worth anything!

• Like 1

your joking right ?

If there wer eno westerners in Pattaya................ There more or less wouldn't be a Pattaya worth anything!

your joking right ?

He's not joking he's telling the truth. Farangs basically discovered Pattaya and their money makes it what it is today. Take away the farang and you have nothing unless of course somebody else came along. But you can't change history I suggest you study some.

• Like 1

your joking right ?

He's not joking he's telling the truth. Farangs basically discovered Pattaya and their money makes it what it is today. Take away the farang and you have nothing unless of course somebody else came along. But you can't change history I suggest you study some.

You'd think the people who constantly slag the place off and have been here over 10 years would know that.

i have dealt with lots of self harmers, some serious in their intent, others attention seekers, still makes my skin crawl.

so right you are, pressure bandages, blanket over patient etc, but above all the first responders safety is paramount

saw a farmboy come into the local medical centre, he had almost severed his arm up to the elbow, the clinic staff were tops in his treatment

simple first aid can and does save lives

do a course lads

your joking right ?

You'd think the people who constantly slag the place off and have been here over 10 years would know that.

He probably does but that wouldn't stop him from having his daily anti-Pattaya hit. If he doesn't live here why the childish need to condemn it all the time. Jealousy. Get off the jungle juice Jim.

• Like 1

Why Why so many people come to LOS and self harm or jump/fall of buildings ???They can do this in their own country this gives the country a bad name,,,,LAND OFF SELF HARM,,,,<deleted>,,,NOT GOOD ,,,wai2.gifwai2.gifw00t.gifw00t.gif

had a mate an ex-soldier, seen some action in the past.

he had been to thailand doing training and been once as a tourist

he worked on mining projects on fly in fly out contracts

one night back in aus i got a call from him, drunk and serious, lying in a bed in phuket, with the aus flag over him and xanax in a bottle, complaining of the nightmares and his aus wife

talked for hours, he did not suicide, flew home to aus, and followed my advice to get help through veterans affairs

to this day he cant explain why he decided thailand was the place to end his life

be a mate, it can help, just listen

Come on. I don't think I would live in Pattaya but its a great getaway with some of the best people watching in the World. Great reasturants too!

for sure one of the worlds greatest people watching spots, you can see it all, and get a great english brekkie

bikies fighting with elderly gentlemen with colourfull pasts, farmgirls milking cows,it has to happen somewhere and pats is it

Come on. I don't think I would live in Pattaya but its a great getaway with some of the best people watching in the World. Great reasturants too!

So are you one of your troubled people? See post #3.
I have issues but who doesn't?
Me.