11 year old boy drowns in Jomtien Lake

webfact

11 year old boy drowns in Jomtien Lake

lake-6.jpg

PATTAYA: -- On Saturday afternoon an 11 year old boy drowned in a lake located in Jomtien as he was attempting to drag a net over to the other side of the lake with his friend of the same age who was able to swim to safety.

Police and rescue divers were called to the lake in Soi Watboon off the Sukhumvit Road in Jomtien where after 2 hours of searching the body of Master Tammanit was pulled from the water as his friend of the same age, Miss Supansa, looked-on in disbelief.

The pair had gone to the lake and were invited to assist a Fisherman, Khun Rin aged 38, who asked the pair to drag a net over to the other side of the lake for him.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/175068/11-year-old-boy-drowns-in-jomtien-lake/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-03-09

so so sad... poor kid...

Ye so sad, that bloody guy who asked them should be made responsible he obviously never bothered to go in after the boy, all Thai males can swim so no excuse he could not swim.

you're joking right?

most thai males cannot swim, they can thrash around and move through the water a bit, but its not swimming, not by a long stretch

and i have no idea how you came to that conclusion.

but yes he shouldn't be getting even less skilled children to do his work in a dangerous environment.

• Like 1

so so sad... poor kid...

Ye so sad, that bloody guy who asked them should be made responsible he obviously never bothered to go in after the boy, all Thai males can swim so no excuse he could not swim.

"All Thai males can swim "...

Apparently you don't know many Thai men. A large percentage cannot swim or at best are very weak swimmers. My husband cannot swim very well and when I go diving he always wears a floatation device if he gets in the water at all.