Bt14 million heist at Nonthaburi gold shop

Thaivisa News

Nonthaburi: – Bang Bua Thong police have launched a manhunt for burglary suspect who broke into a gold shop and fled away with 600 baht gold jewellery estimated to worth Bt14 million.

Gold shop owner Chanyamayachu Yingsakul, 49, filed a police complaint reporting a break-in and a theft.

She said she believed unidentified burglar or burglars had stolen all gold jewellery in her shop located in Bang Bua Thong district.

The incident should have happened between 11.00 pm and 1.00 am on Sunday.

After checking the scene, police found out that the gold ornaments were left overnight in the unlocked showcase and not put the safe.

The suspect or suspects used the back entrance of the building, where the shop is located, to walk up to the third-floor roof top before climbing down the front of the building to the second floor.

The front windows of the second floor were broken in order to gain access via the stairs to the gold shop on the first floor.

All displaying cases were opened. Some 502 gold necklaces, 167 wrist laces, 22 bracelets and a mobile phone were reported stolen.

No one heard or saw anything suspicious because the burglary happened via the back entrance and not the front facing a main road.

The check on security camera detected a masked man taking away the gold.

People living in the area told police that the man might be one of three construction workers who disappeared right after the incident.

They said the man and fellow workers were from Shan State, Myanmar.

After checking the scene, police found out that the gold ornaments were left overnight in the unlocked showcase and not put the safe.

Hmmcoffee1.gif

Yes, hmmm indeed.

Mind you, if it's an insurance job, the insurance may be invalidated for just that reason.

And the phone going too......odd that a phone is left.

The circuitous route to get in suggests real knowledge of the building.

If it is how the report makes out, ie Burmese workers, there is a good chance they will make a mistake somewhere along the line. The very fact that 3 construction workers have wealth beyond their wildest dreams, and the reality that they probably have no financial education/common sense,....I think they'll get nabbed.

But I tend towards the hmmmm. Might not be insurance. What would someone do if they owed millions and wanted to make a run for it?

Hmmcoffee1.gif

Yes, hmmm indeed.

Mind you, if it's an insurance job, the insurance may be invalidated for just that reason.

And the phone going too......odd that a phone is left.

The circuitous route to get in suggests real knowledge of the building.

If it is how the report makes out, ie Burmese workers, there is a good chance they will make a mistake somewhere along the line. The very fact that 3 construction workers have wealth beyond their wildest dreams, and the reality that they probably have no financial education/common sense,....I think they'll get nabbed.

But I tend towards the hmmmm. Might not be insurance. What would someone do if they owed millions and wanted to make a run for it?

Double hmmmmm..... an oversight? I don't think so, but in any case, that bugler is in the wind now

but he's going to get caught right after he gets drunk and blabber the story to all his

mates, give some of the loot to his family and hide the rest under a coconut tree in his

father farm.. they always do.....

Imam Not an investigator but the gold was left in the displays . I know theses gold shops I have walked past them many times .

They even have a police man in them during the day.

They have steel bars all over the place and to go in through the second floor windows past the security bars and no one noticed or heard ,

If u know we're theses gold stores were located it would be almost impossible to rob with out some one seeing because they are very visible in a busy area

Inside job my opinion becaus I have never heard of them leaving gold out for the night

People living in the area told police that the man might be one of three construction workers who disappeared right after the incident.
They said the man and fellow workers were from Shan State, Myanmar.

People from Shan State, Myanmar, told each other that the man might be one of the shop's neighbors who knew that the shop owner was lazy and negligent in securing his gold...

Seems odd that the thieves knew to steal the gold on the night it was left out of the safe.

Seems odd that there was so much, 14 million worth of gold.

Seems odd that after all the robberies around the place that the Gold Shop was so easy to penetrate.

A lot seems odd and if I was the plod I would be looking "close" for a suspect.

• Like 1