Canadian on the lam in Wisconsin fraud case captured in Thailand

webfact

I don't think Thailand is actually any longer quite the underworld haven it used to be back in the day, not for most-wanted types from the west anyway. 'Better hidey holes here & there around the world. Maybe if they've got false travel docs that can pass muster, or they're willing & able to jump borders and hang out in the way back country. When the local authorities are motivated to cooperate and put the work into it, I expect they can eventually lay their hands on most of whomever international law enforcement considers worth the effort. And Thailand is an extradition country with the U.S., Britain, Australia, Canada (not Russia though, and not with any other European country except Belgium)...

This is not a secrete that Thailand is a huge magnate for many unsavory caricatures, been like this

for many yeast, and the magnitude of the fugitives hiding here is enormous...

Thailand... a sunny place for a shady people....

Yes, absolutely.

Thailand is a paradise for criminals and fugitives from all over the world hiding from the law.

I believe some 30% of foreigners who live in Thailand are not law abiding persons, are them?

Having lived in Thailand for more than 7 years I prefer to stay away from foreigners who live in Thailand, you never know.

You must be very careful. lock.gif

30%? Almost one in three!!??

C'mon. Back to Planet Earth now. It's really not necessary to make an otherwise valid point through gross exaggeration.

Time for him to start making his tin foil hat ( Diamond brand is extra thick ) would agree there are a few fugitives here- easy to go to ground in Nakhon Nowhere

Maybe it depends on the people you associate with? Probably in the real estate crowd it's closer to 90%

• Like 1

Seems like paying off the police here is not as easy under the junta.

What a shame it will all go back to how it was when the people democratically elect another set of criminals.

How sad but likely, tho I assume you use the terms "democratically elected" with tongue firmly in cheek.

I pity the people whose money he stole.

Also regarding any statute of limitations,

"time when the defendant "is not publicly a resident" of Wisconsin is not counted in the calculation,"

When did this get slipped into the law?

I can see a legal challenge coming from this.

He did have a great time in Thailand with this $800,000. Time to go home now.

Time to face the music,,,I think that he would have been better of if he would have done his time (10 yrs) before. He would be free and retired now,It will be a lot harder now when being older to do his time now,,,,,,Doesn't matter he deserves 20 yrs for his crime,,,,,,

This is not a secrete that Thailand is a huge magnate for many unsavory caricatures, been like this

Yes, absolutely.

Thailand is a paradise for criminals and fugitives from all over the world hiding from the law.

I believe some 30% of foreigners who live in Thailand are not law abiding persons, are them?

Having lived in Thailand for more than 7 years I prefer to stay away from foreigners who live in Thailand, you never know.

It;s the Foreigners who never go home and visit.....I find interesting.....but 30% where did you get that from

Yes, absolutely.

30%? Almost one in three!!??

C'mon. Back to Planet Earth now. It's really not necessary to make an otherwise valid point through gross exaggeration.

Don't nit pick; you know how percentages work. The number you like the most wins.

First an American fraud scheme, now a Canadian captured. Thailand seems to be doing quite well capturing wanted fugitives on the run,

and ending up here in Thailand. Is Thailand becoming not only the NO.1 place for tourist, but fugitives as well? I hope Cuba opens up a little faster

so that they can use that location rather than Thailand. I get the feeling sometime, the locals look at me and wonder if I might be some one on the run!

With a shirt like that you should be arrested by the fashion police.