Weight Problems?

NoshowJones

I exercise 5 days a week. Every Sun and Wed, I only eat about 500 cals a day. Every other day I eat well.

Yesterday (Wed) I weighed myself at the scales outside the local Tesco Express, I was 75.8 Ks. I am six ft tall.

Exactly twenty four hours later (today) I weighed myself again. I am now 75.0 Ks. loss of .8 K.

Is that normal?

Sounds like you took a large dump. Next time, remove the turd from the toilet and weigh it. If it's around 0.8 kilo then you're good.

If not check to see if you were wearing a watch or shoes but the next day flip flops.

Do you have any scars or marks? Your wife may have removed and sold one of your internal organs.

Well done with the weight loss. wai.gif

• Like 1

It's natural for your weight to fluctuate a couple of pounds (I find its most often due to how much water I've drank) so nothing to worry about unless you find you've lost another .8kg tomorrow & the day after.

Edited by JB300

yes weight can fluctuate a lot and the scales aren't exact as well.

You think you can easily have 1.5 kg less if you walk in the heat and don't drink enough.

On the other hand most men can drink 2 large beer (1.3kg) before going on the toilet.

That would be already 2.8 kg fluctuation and doesn't even consider the solid matter you eat and excrement.

First of all, weighing yourself once a week is enough; as others have said there are daily fluctuations.

Secondly, if you are really eating 500 calories a day, and exercising, you will need medical help pretty soon!!! I believe the minimum for a male is 1,800 calories a day; your body is heading to go into starvation mode. (Muscle loss, slowing of metabolism).

Sounds like you took a large dump. Next time, remove the turd from the toilet and weigh it. If it's around 0.8 kilo then you're good.

If not check to see if you were wearing a watch or shoes but the next day flip flops.

Do you have any scars or marks? Your wife may have removed and sold one of your internal organs.

Well done with the weight loss. wai.gif

Your last sentence is the only one that applies, apart from the fact I have never had any weight problems.

I am not trying to lose weight, I don't have to, but I do want to stay fit and healthy, and as I'm not a drinker

I do love my food.

Having been overweight previously I now weigh myself twice a day. Regularly my weight will vary up to 2kg. This variance is usually due to water, which is very heavy, or a bowel movement. Bowl movements can also be heavy.

If the OP has regular bowl movements I suggest weighing at the same time of the day. My most accurate results have been in the morning just after waking after urination, before coffee or tea or breakfast.

Accurate digital scales can be purchased in Thailand for approximately 500 baht.

Good luck to the OP.

Edited by 96tehtarp
  • Like 1

First of all, weighing yourself once a week is enough; as others have said there are daily fluctuations.

Secondly, if you are really eating 500 calories a day, and exercising, you will need medical help pretty soon!!! I believe the minimum for a male is 1,800 calories a day; your body is heading to go into starvation mode. (Muscle loss, slowing of metabolism).

No, read my OP again. I only consume about 500 Cals two days a week. the other five I eat normally and enjoy my tea and biscuits every night, five times a week.

• Like 1

No, read my OP again. I only consume about 500 Cals two days a week. the other five I eat normally and enjoy my tea and biscuits every night, five times a week.

Let me get my coat and buy some glasses........

It might be considered by some as 'normal' to come on Thai Visa and post about such events.

Great reply from thequietman though.

No, I just wondered why I dropped .8 of a kilo in 24 hours.

Normal.....Everyone who diet and want to loose weight can sing a song about it.

You don't eat and by magic you have half a kg more...and than without reason half a kg less.

Nothing to worry about. if it doesn't continue....

Of course if your wife didn't sell one of your kidneys......