Video: Australian man granted 500,000 baht bail

webfact

The key is who was the owner of the knife? Not sure if that's been ascertained yet.

He admitted carrying the knife and using it, acording to another poster on the other thread :

There is CCTV footage available for viewing on the Phuket Newspaper's web site. It shows Mark across the street taking pictures, then crossing to take more. Almost immediately it shows him trying to leave "at pace" but followed by about 6 other men. According to Mark's account the men who followed, attacked him, hitting and kicking and he feared for his life, so took out his knife. It also appears that 2 tourists, Indian men, helped rescue him from the attack.

If six guys attacked me, I'd try to defend myself too.

Earlier accounts say the 'bouncers' claimed Mark was in the bar, drunk and causing a commotion, so they were ejecting him. Video footage shows that was not true. And he has witnesses that he was at a Rotary meeting earlier.

So there seems to be credible circumstances to support his claim of self-defense.

(Note: Moderator - if it's not okay to reference "Phuket Newspaper", my apologies).

• Like 2

The bar people are obviously bending the straight ahead line as they do.

If they had managed to beat him senseless they would have maintained that story and police would have to accept that as fact even knowing the victim would not have done that as they knew and respected him. The guy is well known, well respected and well into charitable activities. Some mongrel dog eating bar worker would dare say such rubbish about him should cause the police to shut the bar and lock up the rats. The police know well the true story and will action that unless they get interfered with.

And there is no RIP for the dead dog at least not from me

Edited by Nuddy