Prayut says US disallows him to travel to the states

Lite Beer

Why do you even want to go?

I remember the poor soul who survived through the killing fields of the Khmer Rogue died on the streets of USA.

Not to forget the Sniper who was killed by a fellow Marine on U.S. soil.

Edited by poweratradio

I'm sure he knows the reasons why the US won't let him in, so there really wasn't any reason to reiterate their stance, I was just being facetious in my earlier post, and don't really see the big deal about not letting him into the USA.

I have a love hate relationship with the USA , many of them still support terrorist organisations such as the IRAQ and often fundraise on their behalf but yet have such a Hardon for Islamic terror groups?

They have lapse immigration laws when it suits, I personally know a lad who has lived and worked there for nearly 3 years with no SS card and no green card and is also a part time firefighter.

It's a great place to visit and I have many friends living all over the various states and I've never had a bad time or experience in th numerous times I've been. Oh apart from eating grits!!! That left me feeling very unwell!! 5555

America is no different from lots of other countries as in they think they're the best but in reality they're no better or worse it's all down to how you personally interact with the people that's makes it good or bad.

Just like here, I have more grief from farangs on this site than I have from Thais around my local area. ?

Easy on the grits comments there pal.....Them's fightin' words! clap2.gifcheesy.giftongue.png

I LOVE my grits.

I find this very interesting. The PM of Thailand has been disallowed from going to the USA, while it allows an convicted criminal on the run from the law to go. The American law, as I understand it will not allow a visa to anyone that has been convicted in a court of law. It still allowed Thakisin Shinitawatra to travel to the US after he was convicted by the court for corruption, while his Brother-in-Law, was PM.

You can still go to the USA if you have been convicted in a court of law, depends on the crime and the sentence, not the conviction

PM, you are welcome in my room, just bring some alcohol to drink together.

I will arramge for Thais that love you and really would like to tell you about the real Thai life,

BECAUSE I DO THINK YOU STILL CARE ABOUT THE THAI PEOPLE,

POOR THAI PEOPLEwai2.gif

I really doubt that he could not get a visa. The US simply does not wish to have any diplomat-level meetings with him that would signify that they recognize him as the 'legitimate' head of state.

Beyond the funny and not so funny posts

someone tips it in.

Diplomatic relations suspended.

US memo to Prayut:

"Call us when you get your shit in some sort of recognizable order, till then, go take a hike."

• Like 1

post-42868-0-91616800-1426361754_thumb.jpost-42868-0-85305600-1426361793_thumb.j

Okay, so don't let Obama come to Thailand, boot out the US Ambassador.

The U.S. NEEDS Thailand, more than Thailand needs "Big Yankee Brother" these days.

I don't think the Chinese Authorities would have any problem with OUR P.M. paying them a State Visit.

Sounds very much like Obama is still dreaming, of how a previous Thai PM " fell all over him."

Edited by Torrens54
  • Like 1

cant go to Aussie either can he ?....for the same reason

true he is not recognised as a legitimate politician. He is an insignificant little man outside of Bangkok and the world has no time for him and it is his doing no one else's.

Why would he want to??
well the Thai culture and food festival is on in Melbourne today and he is paying for it, we'll thai airways and TAT. Definately not for diplomatic reasons as he is not recognised as one. Edited by chooka

He says Thailand is being kept under watch by foreign countries. Is it making you feel uncomfortable and uneasy with all these eyes looking at you and watching every bowel move you make? Spare a thought for the citizens of Thailand under your rule.

attachicon.gifMCD Ying Rubs OBAMA.jpgattachicon.gifMCD Ying loves Obama.jpg

The U.S. NEEDS Thailand, more than Thailand needs "Big Yankee Brother" these days.

I don't think the Chinese Authorities would have any problem with OUR P.M. paying them a State Visit.

Sounds very much like Obama is still dreaming, of how a previous Thai PM " fell all over him."

Are you sure you know what you are talking about???? The U.S. NEEDS Thailand, more than Thailand needs "Big Yankee Brother" these days. do you even know what those words mean?????? "Big Yankee Brother"

I'm sure he knows the reasons why the US won't let him in, so there really wasn't any reason to reiterate their stance, I was just being facetious in my earlier post, and don't really see the big deal about not letting him into the USA.

I have a love hate relationship with the USA , many of them still support terrorist organisations such as the IRAQ and often fundraise on their behalf but yet have such a Hardon for Islamic terror groups?

They have lapse immigration laws when it suits, I personally know a lad who has lived and worked there for nearly 3 years with no SS card and no green card and is also a part time firefighter.

It's a great place to visit and I have many friends living all over the various states and I've never had a bad time or experience in th numerous times I've been. Oh apart from eating grits!!! That left me feeling very unwell!! 5555

America is no different from lots of other countries as in they think they're the best but in reality they're no better or worse it's all down to how you personally interact with the people that's makes it good or bad.

Just like here, I have more grief from farangs on this site than I have from Thais around my local area. ?

I think you have to read that article again.

It said the US is not inviting him in. It doesn't say, they banned him from entering the USA.

Slightly different. I'm sure there is absolute no problem for him to go on a quick shopping trip

to New York if he wishes.

since he presumably has a Diplomatic passport as de facto head of the country, it would be a major international story if they actually banned him from entering.
A diplomatic passport issued by a junta and unrecognised government.

Prince Leonard of the Principality of Hutt River also holds a Diplomatic passport issued by his government but it is about as valuable as a Thai diplomatic passport is at the moment.

I think you have to read that article again.

It said the US is not inviting him in. It doesn't say, they banned him from entering the USA.

Slightly different. I'm sure there is absolute no problem for him to go on a quick shopping trip

to New York if he wishes.

since he presumably has a Diplomatic passport as de facto head of the country, it would be a major international story if they actually banned him from entering.

Not matter if he has a diplomatic ppt. He is a self announced prick in a self announced

'government' and it would be an embarrasment for the modern world to let such a megalomanic songwriter blowing all problems away, in.

I find this very interesting. The PM of Thailand has been disallowed from going to the USA, while it allows an convicted criminal on the run from the law to go. The American law, as I understand it will not allow a visa to anyone that has been convicted in a court of law. It still allowed Thakisin Shinitawatra to travel to the US after he was convicted by the court for corruption, while his Brother-in-Law, was PM.

And aids militants in Syria, funds wars wants to supply lethal weapons to maniacs in Ukraine ect ect

• Like 1

what an absolute Hypocrite !!!

Thailand still leaves the door open for cooperation on both social and economic aspects...

and,

no matter what countries or what ruling systems they have, they are all considered living in the same globe

How exactly does Thailand leave the door open to foreigners for social and economic aspects??

As far as I can see, it is harder and harder for foreigners to involve themselves with Thailand without handing over your business blindly to a thai person.. and its increasingly difficult (Since the miltary government got in) for foreigners to even stay here.

and if Prayut really believes in us all being part of the SAME GLOBE,, then why does he adapt such a racist anti foreigner stance ?

since the second he got in to power, he has been continuously making it harder and harder for foreigners.

• Like 1

attachicon.gifMCD Ying Rubs OBAMA.jpgattachicon.gifMCD Ying loves Obama.jpg

The U.S. Needs Thailand ? I need what you're drinking brother. I'm not an Obama backer but really the U.S. Needs Thailand ??

Militarily speaking more than political is what the good general understands very clearly if his delusion has not gotten the best of him me thinks.

Edited by rudy h

More cheese with that whine?

He can whine as much as he likes.

The only thing I'm worried about if he starts disliking certain nationalities.

Then many people here will be in trouble.

Hope we never come to that.......but you never know....................

Costas: With all respect; but your comment bears clear witness to the fact that you are totally ignorant of the persona "Prayuth" ! - It also clearly shows that you haven't done your homework and/or research on "who" this General really is - and, more importantly, what he stands for and who's side he is on. This surprises me, because you are vying to be the TV-Poster with the 'most Posts' - and that only goes to show that "Still Waters Run Deep" . . . . . . .

1zgarz5.gif

coffee1.gif

Why do you even want to go?

I remember the poor soul who survived through the killing fields of the Khmer Rogue died on the streets of USA.

coffee1.gif The man you speak of, Dith Pranh, died of cancer in a NJ, USA hospital. facepalm.gif What is your problem?

The article is as clear as mud. Can he go or can't he? No visa? Maybe a visa? No invitation from Obama?

He would be labeled a diplomat, with said privileges. no visa required, getting into the White House, there then is another issue!

He would need a visa.

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/other/diplomat-foreign-government-official.html

coffee1.gif American forces are all over the globe and even in unlikely places like the UK, trying to help the world stop tyrants. Why are US Marines in Australia? Detractors from all over are against the only country sacrificing their riches and military lives for people who hate us. Is that you?bah.gif Why do posters sit around and make up garbage to take cheap shots at America?

• Like 1

The US is afraid that the self-appointed unelected PM of Thailand...may never want to leave...clap2.gif

Ahhh...the US is only used to befriending 'elected' dictators, like Marcos and Saddam. The first assasinated his opposition, and the second, election at gun point.

Edited by trogers

He's seems to be speaking for the Americans again. His assumption just because Obama ain't invited him. The billionaire Wall St. connected Thaksin, a convicted criminal fugitive with 15 outstanding criminal court cases got a visa ok on a private visit, unusual for America. And the former PM Ms. Yingluck was always dropping hints about a "White House invitation" that never came.

Who America invites, allows in and doesn't invite or prohibits is there business. Hypocrisy is up the them.

As for Aussie - why would he want to visit a piss pot country with an idiot PM?

Not nice. Aussie bashing now, given up on the Thais have we? It appears there is an obvious dislike of Aussies, may I ask why? Have you ever been there and what is your knowledge of the country? Also, why is the PM an idiot? Just asking?

Please tell me from where you originated but don't worry, I won't bag your country, it's PM or President, whichever is applicable

ok I give up .. why cant he travel to the USA?

Bloody hell,change that name to Rip Van Lew,where ya been this last 8 months.I'll tell you,they are worried he will give a speech to the Senate and they wont be able to shut him down.Also he may make sense to some with straight talking instead of polly speak.