Prayut says US disallows him to travel to the states

Lite Beer

I find this very interesting. The PM of Thailand has been disallowed from going to the USA, while it allows an convicted criminal on the run from the law to go. The American law, as I understand it will not allow a visa to anyone that has been convicted in a court of law. It still allowed Thakisin Shinitawatra to travel to the US after he was convicted by the court for corruption, while his Brother-in-Law, was PM.

I believe the US realized that the conviction was politically motivated. The courts have delivered multiple coups in the past decade.

Do you remember when Samak got thrown out for hosting a cooking show? Those Thai courts are a hoot.

The current PM is a criminal and should be rightly barred from U.S. travel.

Agreed, right up there with the SCOTUS. Bush>Gore, Dred Scott, Hammer v, Adair vs US, Citizen United, separate but equal,...........

x14-3-2558-14-54-42-wpcf_728x409.jpg.pag

Why does he always remind me of the bear off 'Rainbow'? Must be the intelligence and astute look.

"Bungle" the bear from "Rainbow"

post-80674-0-29080100-1426333443_thumb.j

Also they share similar political and social aims. Just as The General wants to "bring happiness to the people" so did Bungle and his crew want to "paint the whole world with a rainbow"

• Like 1

More cheese with that whine?

He can whine as much as he likes.

The only thing I'm worried about if he starts disliking certain nationalities.

Then many people here will be in trouble.

Hope we never come to that.......but you never know....................

First time i read something from you which is not all about the greatness and wonderful work and paradise environment the army created...

Start to wake up maybe?

• Like 1

Wah wah wah. Call elections, hell run in them too, you're doing such a good job and 93.7% of the Thai people love you so get legitimate and stop whining.

Had he failed to comment on this, what would you have said?

I find this very interesting. The PM of Thailand has been disallowed from going to the USA, while it allows an convicted criminal on the run from the law to go. The American law, as I understand it will not allow a visa to anyone that has been convicted in a court of law. It still allowed Thakisin Shinitawatra to travel to the US after he was convicted by the court for corruption, while his Brother-in-Law, was PM.

Reputedly Taksin was the US's boy, if so explains why he still got visas & Prayut can't. Explains quite a lot more too about ensuing events if you think about it.

Mind you the US did allow the Taliban to fly in for a visit with open arms. Apparently they were not agreeable to certain arrangements, hence them being labelled toxic & the following invasion.

Bringing peace and democracy to a country near you...

He is better off going to China and Japan as they like the way he took over the government. Maybe the government should restrain it's self from bad mouthing the USA. There is such a thing as restricting trade which could hurt a lot.

Prayuth barred from traveling to the United States

Prayut says US disallows him to travel to the states

Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha said he is not permitted to travel to the United States.

the US does not extend invitation him to visit .

So, he is barred, disallowed, not permitted and will not get an invitation...

All I can say is, maybe you should find a nice American girl (no bikini) and get a fiancé visa...hope that helps, my man!

Edited by klauskunkel

This is a another rubbish of the dear General.

He can travel to the US such as a UN meeting but will be welcomed as a pariah. Comes 2016 and if the dear general wants to stay longer in power, then the UNSC might invoke sanctions against Thailand such as the UNSC had done against Myanmar, North Korea etc.

He is better off going to China and Japan as they like the way he took over the government. Maybe the government should restrain it's self from bad mouthing the USA. There is such a thing as restricting trade which could hurt a lot.

I'm sure North Korea will take him and complete the lookalike course.

Costas my kool aid drinking Greek friend we are all tolerated in Thailand, as there's always someone in authority who thingkz were all stupid and ignorant sex-pats, hell so do a lot of the expats here think that describes farangs.

Heaven forbid you ever decide to become a backpacker either, you know they eat their offspring, worship the dark arts, and frequently have sex with animals .... Well that's the way some old dinosaur farangs see them.

But yes, you're right it can change in an instance and then what? TVF Becomes VVF? (Vietnam visa forum) ?

You certain its only kool aid, because it must be something that makes you blind to the truth. Maybe he is on cheap/bad ouzo or something worse.

Convicted by whom ? By an ILLEGAL putchist military government who illegaly suspended the 1997 COnstitution and arrested, tortured and massacred dozens if not hundreds of students, children, women, academics ?

According to Transparency International Thaksin govt. was BY FAR THE LEAST corrupt in Thai history, while your hero Suthep has spent all his life cheating, stealing, killing etc... He had been regarded way back years ago by Democratic Party leader Chuan Leekpai "The most corrupt people in Thailand".

I think Thaksins brother in law was PM at the time Thaksin was convicted.

• Like 1

I my culture (western) a person that whines is considered weak. So he continue to whine and show his weakness.

The article has a very unfortunate headline since it is misleading because he certainly is entitled to travel to the US on private or state business (he could for example address the UN in New York).

What is unlikely is that he will get an invitation from the State Department or the White House for an official visit but that shouldn’t worry him to much, since official US policy doesn’t show any consistence on that subject.

A list of coups d'état on Wikipedia shows the exceptions from the rules in countries that have had US sponsored coups that didn’t try to install democracy and certainly not worth be added to that group of people that after the coups got official invitations.

• Like 1

"It was not a matter of blacklisting as this could affect the diplomatic relations, and the US had never banned entry by any Thai government leaders before."

I recall something back when Suchinda was looking to appoint a Prime Minister (before he decided he was the most suitable candidate). When the proposed name of his chosen PM was raised it was quickly made known by the U.S. that they would not allow that person into the U.S. as he was on a list of suspected drug traffickers. A Khun V... if I remember correctly?

Suchinda, of course, traded the epaulettes for the suit and tie and the rest is part of the history of coup cycles.