thai guy attacking people opposite Mikes last night

phycokiller

new mafia guy, probably just out of jail, punched out a farang, then an hour later punching a thai guy in an ongoing public display, then attacking a ladyboy but it seems they came to an arrangement where he was going to get free sex. all done with a large audience of tourists and locals. guy was armed with two wine bottles among other things. no sign of police but there isnt a working number and they no longer patrol the beach at night. I realize this is thailand and theres no real police but its still bazaar seeing this kind of behavior accepted in public.

I wonder if it's the same guy who attacked a neighbour friend on his motorcycle on Beach soi 9 a few days ago and knocked him off his motorcycle in order to steal it. My friend somehow managed to grab the keys out of the assailant's grasp and throw them away.

My friend is in his 60s and has a 10+ year old bike that shows its age. Hardly worth stealing. My friend sustained a broken collar bone and serious abrasions and bruises. The incident was near the police station so the coppers nabbed the perp. Apparently the Thai guy has done this before.

Additionally, my friend, a very cautious individual in many ways, had his small bag with valuables stolen by one of those tribal vendors while sitting on the beach side near soi 6. This event, which was caught on the city's CCTV cameras, happened a couple of months ago. He spotted her again last week near the same location and he called police. But they seemed wholly uninterested and put in a 10th-hearted effort to apprehend her.

Long story short, my friend gave up on this quest. He's had a pretty bad holiday overall.

Come on guys, the police can't possibly have the time to deal with minor problems like a crazy armed with wine bottles attacking people, after all they've got as much work as they can possibly handle doing the essential tasks like harassing motorcyclists for not wearing their crash helmets and fining tourist driving bikes for not having an IDP. Oh, and now they've got the huge added responsibility of the crackdown on illegally modified bike exhausts. How can they be expected to deal with violence, murder, theft and rape as well? Cut them some slack.

• Like 1

Pictures or it didn't happen. Given that someone rang the cops the last time there was a fight in the bar across from me, and they rocked up within 10 minutes, I'm not buying it. If any of the above happened in full public view you can bet someone will have a record of it on their phones.

Ive seen enough of these psychopathic sub humans attacking people on beach road to know this story is totally credible and i need no pictures to believe it. Prove to me it didn't happen, till then ill assume the OP was telling the truth. As for the police not turning up....LOL....this is not just Thailand, it is Pattaya. Just because they turned up after some bar fight doesn't mean they would necessarily turn up every time a local psycho punches someone in the face.

Edited by paddyjenkins
  • Like 1

Pictures or it didn't happen. Given that someone rang the cops the last time there was a fight in the bar across from me, and they rocked up within 10 minutes, I'm not buying it. If any of the above happened in full public view you can bet someone will have a record of it on their phones.

I hope so but Im not going to going to try and photograph a crazed guy with bottles in each hand

I hope so but Im not going to going to try and photograph a crazed guy with bottles in each hand

c'mon killer...

a detail I forgot, i was a little drunk but my friends werent, they had a couple of girls on the ground and were kicking them in the head at one stage. they were back last night. having a night off from the violence but I remember them from a year or two ago. guess they got out of jail and are reclaiming their area, which is the high ground on the steps opposite Mikes. extremely loose cannons so best to avoid them unless you enjoy fighting

"New Mafia guy"

Is this meant to be a sarcastic comment?

Back in the old days, the original Mafia had certain standards, a code of honour... You could say they were almost gentleman rogues. These new Mafia have just got no class at all. Oh how I yearn for the days of the 80s and early 90s when being a member of the Thai Mafia was something to be proud of. These new guys are giving the Mafia a bad name.

Yep it's a family destination.

1. How many families do you see in that part of Pattaya at night ?

2. Do we have a single credible third party account to back up the OP's claims ? It would be easy to sit in one of the restaurants at the front of Mike's Shopping mall and surreptitiously take photos / video evidence of these alleged assaults - just difficult to imagine that any of us are sufficiently bored to contemplate doing so.

Yep it's a family destination.

1. How many families do you see in that part of Pattaya at night ?

2. Do we have a single credible third party account to back up the OP's claims ? It would be easy to sit in one of the restaurants at the front of Mike's Shopping mall and surreptitiously take photos / video evidence of these alleged assaults - just difficult to imagine that any of us are sufficiently bored to contemplate doing so.

may not be what you mean but there are several local families with young babies that hang out there every evening and were there at the time, but there is the occasional foreign family group walking thru, its generally a friendly area. I didnt notice but a friend of mine who was sober is sure one of these guys had a gun on him. also the council has several cams covering this area. dont know if they work but if you are that interested their phone number works occasionally