Polish Woman injured during fight with Ladyboy in South Pattaya

webfact

So, no. None of those things have happened to you.

You seem to be assuming that Pattaya1 and other private news sources run stories based upon the prevalence of crimes and not based on sales....

Would it hurt or help overall sales if they reported every crime committed by hookers (f) in Pattaya?

Does the rather prurient fascination people have with ladyboy help or hurt income when they run stories?

I would be interested in actual crime statistics in Pattaya.

what a load of cobblers.

The lady got a hole smashed in her head with a high heel shoe. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and you think lady boys on waling street are ok.

What a complete wing nut. crazy.gif

Correct, "a complete wing nut". Not only does the apologist blame the victim, he even blames "the church "

Somebody asked about crime statistics here they are from a last month's ladyboy bashing thread:

Pattaya News documented incidents from 1 Aug 14 to the present which is a 6 month time frame.

CATEGORY MAN WOMAN LADYBOY
ASSUALT 70 5 1
THEFT 70 8 8
GANG 45 0 3
DRUGS 44 17 1
DRIVING 35 4 0
MURDER 15 0 0
OTHER 55 15 2

#INCIDENTS 334 49 15

What this means is out of all the criminal incidents (398) 84% were commited by men, 12% by women and 4% by ladyboys.

The above was posted in a previous ladyboy bashing thread. I dont know what's up with centering on the ladyboy hating all the time? There are pages upon pages of crimes and seems the news here has to single out ladyboys each time an incident occurs. People are people and like I said before, ladyboys should be the least of your worries in Pattaya and for that matter anywhere else in Thailand. These stats do not include this months however, Im sure they follow the same trend.

Perception is everything. If I'm walking down Beach Road and there are two men on one side of the road and two katoeys on the other, I will move the side with the men, regardless of how large or intimidating they appear to be. @2fishin2's table makes absolutely no sense to me unless Pattaya's katoeys have suddenly stopped taking drugs en masse - as for a single reported assault by a ladyboy in the past 6 months, that is nothing short of laughable. Sadly, when I tried to get to the PattayaOne site it appears to be down for 'a major upgrade', but any sane adult who follows the news items here will know that table is very poor reflection of the number of negative news items featuring transsexual prostitutes in Pattaya. Feel free to carry on defending the indefensible and blaming a woman with a potentially life-threatening wound on her skull.

Perception is everything. If I'm walking down Beach Road and there are two men on one side of the road and two katoeys on the other, I will move the side with the men, regardless of how large or intimidating they appear to be. @2fishin2's table makes absolutely no sense to me unless Pattaya's katoeys have suddenly stopped taking drugs en masse - as for a single reported assault by a ladyboy in the past 6 months, that is nothing short of laughable. Sadly, when I tried to get to the PattayaOne site it appears to be down for 'a major upgrade', but any sane adult who follows the news items here will know that table is very poor reflection of the number of negative news items featuring transsexual prostitutes in Pattaya. Feel free to carry on defending the indefensible and blaming a woman with a potentially life-threatening wound on her skull.

No.

Perception isn't everything. Using that as an excuse for bigotry and stereotyping is sad.

You didn't answer my questions regarding sales of news.... But you aren't obligated to.

No.

Perception isn't everything. Using that as an excuse for bigotry and stereotyping is sad.

The complete saying is "reality is irrelevant: perception is everything "... Which is great if you live in a fantasy world.

You didn't answer my questions regarding sales of news.... But you aren't obligated to.

Edited by jdinasia

jdinasia:

Reality is one thing, stereotyping is another thing.

Farang stereotypes take is as given that all ladyboys are prostitutes, which is far from being true.

The role of media should be to provide differential views, but the sad reality is that many mass media only support prejudices.

Hope the Polish woman will recover soon.

• Like 1

First lets get this straight. No where in my post did I defend the violent actions of the ladyboy. I do not defend or condone violence in any way. What happened was wrong and the ladyboy should be punished.

The facts do not lie. They are straight out of the same news source that many of the Pattaya news stories come from Pattaya News.

You are very much more likely to be cut, robbed, stabbed, murdered by a man or woman vs a ladyboy actually over 90% more likely. Those are the facts and truth. Your statements are based in assumptions, innuendos, and hatred of a group of people.

The perception of people just because the are "different" is prejudicial and inflammatory. If you would rather walk to the other side if the street please do so.

The perception of bad ladyboys is a misperception. If the news reported by TV was balanced you would realize it. Unfortunately it is not and the sensationalism of reporting ladyboy stories is a norm here and is what causes this misperception.

It is what it is.

http://pattayadailynews.com/category/hot-news

Edited by 2fishin2

First lets get this straight. No where in my post did I defend the violent actions of the ladyboy. I do not defend or condone violence in any way. What happened was wrong and the ladyboy should be punished.

The facts do not lie. They are straight out of the same news source that many of the Pattaya news stories come from Pattaya News.

You are very much more likely to be cut, robbed, stabbed, murdered by a man or woman vs a ladyboy actually over 90% more likely. Those are the facts and truth. Your statements are based in assumptions, innuendos, and hatred of a group of people.

The perception of people just because the are "different" is prejudicial and inflammatory. If you would rather walk to the other side if the street please do so.

The perception of bad ladyboys is a misperception. If the news reported by TV was balanced you would realize it. Unfortunately it is not and the sensationalism of reporting ladyboy stories is a norm here and is what causes this misperception.

It is what it is.

In Pattaya ladyboys are a scourge and responsible for a disproportionate amount of crime.

Blokes with frocks and bolt ons full of hormones and drugs looking for easy scores from tourists.

You would be well wise to be very wary especially later in the night when they are marauding around looking for easy pickings.

• Like 2

It is what it is.

In Pattaya ladyboys are a scourge and responsible for a disproportionate amount of crime.

Blokes with frocks and bolt ons full of hormones and drugs looking for easy scores from tourists.

You would be well wise to be very wary especially later in the night when they are marauding around looking for easy pickings.

Yet not according to statistics. I personally think that the phobic reactions so many men have may be linked to their insecurity surrounding their sexuality

• Like 1

It is what it is.

Yet not according to statistics. I personally think that the phobic reactions so many men have may be linked to their insecurity surrounding their sexuality

Exactly correct.

It is what it is.

I guess you didn't bother to read the facts. They dont lie. You are very much incorrect.

I consider that insulting - I drink in several bars that have katoey staff members and I get on well with most of them. I've drunk with them, I've played pool with them and I've laughed with them, but I'm not interested in turning this into a 'some of my best friends are gays, lesbians and transgender minorities' thread : my sexuality or your presumption of homophobia has nothing to do with my opinion of the Coconut Bar brigade and everything to do with the level of desperation down there at the moment, magnified by a meth epidemic that no-one in this city seems to take seriously. If you honestly believe there has only been one reported assault involving a katoey in the last 6 months then I guess we'll just have to wait until they get PattayaOne back online.

Criminals are criminals, regardless of what they're wearing or what genitalia they were born with - whether they've been driven to it by a lack of customers or not, leaving people comatose with no money/passport (or worse) is about as low as it gets and I'm convinced that Coconut Bar and the first hundred or so metres of Walking St play host to some of the nastiest katoeys in Thailand.

• Like 1

@jakesully,

Mate, I'd let it go - we dont get to question the mods decisions. Can't say I've seen 10 incidents in one evening anywhere in Pattaya, but if the bloody mutt downstairs doesnt stop yapping there will be an incident worthy of PattayaOne's time and energy. <deleted> Thais in that moo bahn sleep straight through the rousing reception their treasured mutts give the garbos around 4am so I might as well just have breakfast and wait for the howling to commence. Good times, and I'm several kilometres from WS ;)

It is what it is.

So, you are a gay activist?

Who cares? That's not the point of this thread. Take your bashing of people somewhere else.

I have said it many times before, these damn ladyboys are a curse upon Pattaya.

When the police want to cut down down on crime, the first thing they do is to round

up the ladyboys on beach road. The police know where crime comes from.....

And yeah, having wacked out Thai guys full of hormones, wearing bolt ons,

and wearing a dress to fool fresh tourists, is a formula for crime. Generally they

stick to pick pocketing and drugging tourists. This full on attack with a shoe as

a weapon will not be playing out well with the police. Also it is a man attacking a

woman, am surprised he needed a shoe as an additional weapon. Guess Polish

women must be tough.... :-)

• Like 1

I have said it many times before, these damn ladyboys are a curse upon Pattaya.

When the police want to cut down down on crime, the first thing they do is to round

up the ladyboys on beach road. The police know where crime comes from.....

And yeah, having wacked out Thai guys full of hormones, wearing bolt ons,

and wearing a dress to fool fresh tourists, is a formula for crime. Generally they

stick to pick pocketing and drugging tourists. This full on attack with a shoe as

a weapon will not be playing out well with the police. Also it is a man attacking a

woman, am surprised he needed a shoe as an additional weapon. Guess Polish

women must be tough.... :-)

You have strong opinions but they simply aren't born out by facts.

It is what it is.

Is your boyfriend a Lady boy ?

if so is he violet towards you when you disagree over something.

has he ever hit you with a shoe ?

It is what it is.

Is your boyfriend a Lady boy ?

if so is he violet towards you when you disagree over something.

has he ever hit you with a shoe ?

Ummm no. My husband is not a ladyboy.

He's a lighter tone of tan than I am.

He's never hit me.

How much have you had to drink today?

I don't care what you say about ladyboys, but the "ladyboy under the bed scam" that seems to be a favorite of the India tourists, never gets old.

Is this the part where I say I want all the Indians, Arabs and ladyboys on buses bound for Vientiane by 9pm tonight ? I won't, because I like Indian food and it's just what @jdinasia would expect me to say ;)

It is what it is.

Who would believe any statistics published here?

Just like everything else here you can take those statistics with a grain of salt.

Anyone who has been around Pattaya for any length of time knows full well what problems katoeys bring in Pattaya.

Most aren't 'true' katoeys rather they are blokes who seeing what a lot of sexy young women make in the sex industry decide to try their luck on the buffalo farangs by getting a good set of bolt ons and taking a dose of hormones. Some do quute well but plenty don't and the result is a bunch of desperados looking for any chance to make a quick buck.

Caveat emptor

Edited by Tolley

@Tolley, someone made the point earlier that not all katoeys work in the sex/nightlife industry and that is absolutely true, but I believe it ties into what you're saying 100%. The feminine katoeys who find 'real' jobs - including the shrinking number of salaried bargirl jobs - are world's apart from the 6'+ apparitions that loom over visitors to Soi 6 (not that there are many these days) and WS.

The other point I would make is that we have no way of knowing how many thefts go unreported when the victim is too embarrassed to make a Police report. Years ago, what happened in Pattaya stayed in Pattaya (unless you were silly enough to marry it) - not so in 2015. PattayaOne is more than happy to splash photos of yourself and the alleged thieves/attackers, along with the juicy details, all over their front page for your mates back in Brisbane/Birmingham/Boston to pee their pants over. It wasn't hard dealing with the knowing looks whenever I left the office for a holiday in Thailand, but the thought of going back to that office with someone waving a printout of a P-One story at me is a singularly humiliating prospect. Being drugged and robbed by anyone would be hard to deal with - knowing that the rest of world knew you fell prey to one or more katoeys would make the flight home even more unbearable than it already is. Throw in the low opinion most of us have of the Thai cops and I think this is a distinct possibility.

End of the day, I'm not here to demonise Pattaya's katoeys, but I wont defend the actions of those who are clearly possessed by some kind of demon when they get into a confrontation, and that would appear to be what has happened in this case. If the katoey in that photo couldn't defend herself against a woman without resorting to the use of a weapon - and that's what that heel is - I dont fancy her longterm survival chances in Pattaya.

Seems a UK tabloid got hold of the story and they had no such qualms about pointing the finger - I will only quote what the Thai police said:

A police spokesman said: 'She admitted attacking the woman but said she had done it in a fit of rage at being slighted. She said the Polish woman had insulted her.

'She has been charged with causing bodily harm and is being kept in detention pending trial.'

When was the last time you tried to kill someone because they insulted you ? This is the exact 'loss of face' scenario we normally associate with the worst Thai men in Pattaya - which is no surprise because that is the exact gene pool this katoey is drawn from. She should have been drug tested but I guess the BiB have activities far more worthy of their time and effort.

Edited by Rimmer
A link to a forbidden news source has been removed