Lost handbag returned to Chinese writer

Thaivisa News

Phuket:- Two Chinese tourists have got back their passports, credit cards and about Bt10,000 cash after accidentally leaving behind a handbag on a Phuket bus.

Li Muzi, a 25-year-old writer, says she lost the bag on the Saturday – the very first day she arrived at the world-famous Phuket with her mother.

“We are here for a four-day vacation,” she says.

She is glad to find out that the public-bus operator has kept her handbag well safe after noticing that it was left on the floor of a bus at the end of the bus ride.

“I would like to thank all the Thais who have helped me,” Li says.

Li and her mother had been treated with a free dinner on Saturday after she reported the lost handbag.

A taxi driver also offered to help her by bringing her to the bus station to check if her handbag was there.

“When I came to the bus station, the station’s chief told me I could retrieve my stuff at a local police station,” the Chinese tourist says.

Somkiat Sriraksansin, manager of the bus operator, says Li is not the first passenger to lose her stuff on a bus and get it back.

“Many passengers forget to take their belongings with them when they get out of the bus. When we spot the stuff, we always collect it and arrange for it to be returned to their owner,” he adds.

Interesting we always read about returned money, returned bags, returned passports...never the stuff that was stolen.

Last week a driver made off with my bag that had a valuable book in it, supplies, and fruit.

Last year, a Filipino teacher I know had the driver stall the car and ask her and her two Filipino friends to give him a push start, saying the starter was shot. They got out and he drove off with their luggage, their laptops, and two cameras. I told them to always get the cab ID when they get in, and they said live and learn. A police report was filed, and no action was taken.

THAT never hit the news, just TAT supported news flashes.....