Visa application savannakhet

I have read various internet sources on how to take the trip to Mukdahan and then cross the bridge to savannakhet etc. etc. But there is no info on whether I need to print out the visa application form by myself or do the Thai consulate in Savannakhet provide them?

Anyone has been through this visa application process in Savannakhet knows the answer?

Photo & forms can be done outside consulate but it far far better be prepared before going. Simply editing a photo & sizing it to passport photo & duplicating it several times on one page of a4 & using local print shop works fine for this, cut them out & add strip of m3 tape on back & you got nice firm self adhesive ID photos ready to go ...

You will need form & photo for lao visa & that is a must to be done in advance for smooth transition on the day.

Using flights for the trip works awful due to timing, buses that arrive early morning are the way to go & cheap but also smooth in transition & work perfectly with border-boarder bus- consulate hours etc etc.

Visa forms:

Lao visa > https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7Ub2apq5-pfSXpfMzB4aGltdDQ/view?usp=sharing

Consulate form > https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7Ub2apq5-pfUVgxYjVET3RsUTg/view?usp=sharing

Edited by BuckBee

Hello, which airport is the closest yo Mukdahan ? Thanks.

Nakon Phanom is the nearest airport. Nok Air and Air Asia have a fly/ride service to Mukdahan via there.

Can you tell me what is best to write in Number 4 of the Visa application form where it asks 'purpose of visit'. I am long time in Thailand and married to a Thai. Also date of arrival in Thailand, is this the next day if you are going straight back? What does 'date of a previous visit to Thailand mean? I have arrived and departed a hundred times in the last 17 years. Thanks for any answers.

Another tip for the Lao visa on arrival, if you can get USD (fee varies by nationality) to pay for the visa you will save about 30% on the exchange rate they charge for Thai baht.

The Visa on Arrival office at the Lao border wasn't manned last time I went. there was a phone number taped to the door, call that and someone will come down to handle your application.

Hi,

Just looking at the Savannakhet form now. What should you write in section 5? It asks for the name and address of a guarantor in Laos and in Thailand.

Also in section 4, it asks about duration of proposed stay. I'm presuming I put 12 months because I'm applying for the 1 year visa, but if someone can confirm, it will be much appreciated.

Regards

Just a quick list check to get a non o visa for marriage;

My passport with one copy of the photo page. (not the visa page)

Copy of my wife's ID card, front and back, on one piece of paper.

Original marriage cert with one copy, front and back on same piece of paper.

Originals and copies of other documents given to us when we got married. Don't know what they are.

My wife's original Tabian Baan book with one copy of the only two pages typed on, on one piece of paper

Two photos about passport size with whitish background and without my glasses on. The same photos that were accepted at the Thai Consulate in Vientiane.

My wife in tow. Let's make it a holiday, if not a little stressful.

I will sign and date, on the day I go to get the visa, on my passport copy. My wife will sign and date her ID and Tabian Baan copies.

Do we both sign the marriage cert copies?

Thanks in advance

Andrew

You will need nothing more that your marriage certificate. They will not ask for the Kor Ror 2 you got when you registered your marriage.

Your wife's original tambine ban will not be needed.

You can both sign the marriage certificate copy.