Marriage After Thai Divorce

Sojourner

There are those who seem to think there is a one year waiting period in Thailand after one receives a Thai divorce before one can marry again.

Any information on this?

Thanks in advance

Yes there is a one year wait. I'm speaking from personal experience whereas my wife (now) and I went to the ampur and she showed her divorce decree which was finalized only two months before having separated for 3 years prior to this. They (ampur) showed the regulation that you have to wait 360 days (one poster said 310 quoting from a legal statute and may be the correct number of days - it was 10 years ago when I was told this so may not have the exact number of days correct).

If you get a certificate from a doctor showing she IS NOT pregnant, you DON'T have to wait the one year. :D

TIT, isn't it? :o

LaoPo

LaoPo, I'm searching for the logic here.......... and can only assume they don't want the wife to have a surprise waiting in the oven for the new husband. It truely is TIT.

Edited by Sojourner

Glutton for punishment are we?

sebastian, I've never been afraid of commitment it just never seems to last very long LOL

7 years is a fair time.

thats on a good run. :D

good luck to the punters who have long term partners as they win the game. :D

cheers :o

There are those who seem to think there is a one year waiting period in Thailand after one receives a Thai divorce before one can marry again.

Any information on this?

Thanks in advance

I divorced my Thai wife two months ago and completed the necessary paperwork at the Uk Embassy in Bangkok to marry my Thai partner of three years. This was stamped and approved by the Ministry of Foreign affairs:

The Legalisation and Naturalisation Division,

Department of Consular Affairs,

Ministry of Foreign Affairs. (www.mfa.go.th)

123 Chaeng Wattana Road, Laksi District, Bangkok 11120

Tel. 0– 2575 1056–59, 0–2981 7171

(08.30 – 11.30 and 13.00 – 15.30)

No problem that I know of :o

geoffhuket

Any information on this?

Thanks in advance

I posted the answer to this a short time ago! Why is it only tywais who's reading my posts? :D

But since I've got nothing better to do today( in fact every day) I'll quote the law again.

Chapter 11, Section 1453 of the Civil And Commercial Code states:-

A thai woman cannot re-marry within 310 days of divorce unless

(3) " there is a certificate issued by a qualified doctor who is a lawful physical practitioner showing that the woman is not pregnant"

Note nothing for a man, as little chance of pregnancy. :o

Any information on this?

Thanks in advance

I posted the answer to this a short time ago! Why is it only tywais who's reading my posts? :D

But since I've got nothing better to do today( in fact every day) I'll quote the law again.

Chapter 11, Section 1453 of the Civil And Commercial Code states:-

A thai woman cannot re-marry within 310 days of divorce unless

(3) " there is a certificate issued by a qualified doctor who is a lawful physical practitioner showing that the woman is not pregnant"

Note nothing for a man, as little chance of pregnancy. :o

Thanks Dragonman, I tried various search words and didn't come up with your post. Good info.