Thai soldiers seize alleged redshirt weapon cache from NE temple

webfact

Soldiers Seize Alleged Redshirt Weapon Cache from NE Temple

By Khaosod English

14265762171426576329l.jpg
Weapons and Redshirt memorabilia allegedly found by soldiers in a temple in Saraburi province, 17 March 2015.

SARABURI — Military officers say they discovered a weapon cache belonging to an underground militant group affiliated with the Redshirt movement at a temple in northeastern Thailand.

Officers displayed the weapons to reporters at a press conference today.

red.jpg
Soldiers and police display the cache in Saraburi province on 17 March 2015.

Maj.Gen. Adisorn Khorop, commander of a local army unit in Saraburi province, said soldiers discovered the cache during a raid on Seewalee Forest Monastery, located in Muaklek district.

The cache consisted of two shotguns, four BB guns, one handgun, one homemade "pen gun," one hand grenade, one rifle, and over a hundred bullets for the firearms, said Maj.Gen. Adisorn.

The military also confiscated two radio devices, one motorcycle without a license plate, and a number of flags and memorabilia of the Redshirt movement, which commands wide support in northeastern Thailand.

The temple's abbot, Phra Inta Sanyato, is now under arrest on charges of possessing firearms, ammunition, and radio equipment without proper permits. According Maj.Gen. Adisorn, the abbot denied having any knowledge of the weapons.

"The suspect contested the charges," said Maj.Gen. Adisorn. "He claimed that Redshirt groups have visited the temple for merit-making, and left behind these belongings when they departed from the temple."

Under martial law, which was imposed by the ruling junta last May, soldiers are authorized to conduct searches and arrests without a court warrant.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1426576217&typecate=06&section=

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2015-03-17

Very interesting, this can not be Red Shirts, because they would not do anything like this. They follow the orders of their Supreme Leader, residing in the shade of a date palm tree, drinking Sadiki. cheesy.gif

• Like 1

"The suspect contested the charges," said Maj.Gen. Adisorn. "He claimed that Redshirt groups have visited the temple for merit-making, and left behind these belongings when they departed from the temple."

why the red shirts have this nasty habit to hiding weapons in temples like a certain Bangkok temple ...whistling.gif

• Like 1

How very convenient that the "Redshirt memorabilia" was found with the weapon-cache!!coffee1.gif

stupid red-shirts, they didn't have to do that as the abbot already stated red-shirt groups left the stuff.

And in Thailand the saffron brothers are known for their honesty and integrity!!rolleyes.gif

The cache consisted of two shotguns, four BB guns, one handgun, one homemade "pen gun," one hand grenade, one rifle, and over a hundred bullets for the firearms, said Maj.Gen. Adisorn

So the military disappear the girl a few days ago but the press get onto it which foils their dastardly plans then they plant a cache including four BB guns cheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif and some red truth today bags and backpacks in a nondescript temple and point a finger at the evil reds. Couldn't write this scriptcheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif

Martial law will have to be in place for years to protect us from the BB gunscheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif

• Like 1

Does this tie into the recent detention of a woman for several days?

She was released today and then this?

Are you speculating?

No one from the RTP or Army suggested something like this so far!

A fine conspiracy- theorist, huh?!

Oh, nevermind...

"The cache consisted of two shotguns, four BB guns, one handgun, one homemade "pen gun," one hand grenade, one rifle, and over a hundred bullets for the firearms, said Maj.Gen. Adisorn."

In my home country we have far more than this legally in private homes. It makes the govt. think twice before attempting a coup. In fact, we've never had one.

This was in my opinion a truly pathetic seizure.

Not true. Private citizens in the US cannot legally own live grenades.

My home country has laws more stringent than the US. Yes, an oversight on my part. I've never owned a live hand grenade. I am unaware of their legality, however it's perfectly legal to own 50+ AK-47 and tens of thousands of rounds of ammunition, just to keep the government in check.

I still insist this seizure is pathetic. I suspect it is a talking point.

Does this tie into the recent detention of a woman for several days?

She was released today and then this?

Are you speculating?

No one from the RTP or Army suggested something like this so far!

A fine conspiracy- theorist, huh?!

Oh, nevermind...

Absolutely speculation. Not a conspiracy theory though.

Is this weapons cache similar to the one @ Wat Pathum?

"As for the weapons allegedly found inside the temple and shown to the press later, the court said there was no evidence that the firearms were found inside the temple immediately after the incident. The court also questioned how alleged Blackshirts would be able to transport a cache of firearms into the temple without being detected by authorities who had heightened security around the protest site for days before the final military assault on 19 May 2010. The judge added that security forces never sent these weapons to undergo extensive forensic testing, a reluctance he said was "suspicious.""

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1375784432&section=11