Thai Energy Ministry: Sales of Gasohol 91 to continue

webfact

Energy Ministry: Sales of Gasohol 91 to continue

BANGKOK, 17 March 2015 (NNT) – The Ministry of Energy will not terminate the present sales of Gasohol 91 oil as the termination requires a thorough consideration to avoid raising the living costs of the public, says the Permanent-Secretary.

The Permanent-Secretary of Energy Ministry Areepong Bhoocha-Oom has revealed that the Ministry of Energy is not planning to terminate the sales of Gasohol 91 oil, as study shows various effects to the public upon the termination.

He has said that termination of any oil sales will require thorough consideration with oil manufacturers, vehicle manufactures, and users. However, the consideration will have to be made with an emphasis on public benefits in order to avoid raising the cost of living.

According to the domestic oil consumption for February 2015, the daily usage of Bensin oil is at 25.7 million litres, categorized as Bensin 95 at 1.4 million litres, Gasohol 95 at 8.5 million litres, Gasohol 91 at 11 million litres, Gasohol E20 at 3.9 million litres, Gasohol E85 at 0.9 million litres, while the usage of Diesel oil is recorded at 60.5 million litres per day.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-03-17 footer_n.gif

Well, I didn't even know they were planning to cut Gasohol 91 but I am glad that they won't. I use it in my Nissan March almost all the time. I can use E20 but I find that the gas mileage for E20 is at least 10% worse than 91 but doesn't even cost 10% less.

The benefit to use Gasohol 95 is just not there.