Am I Just very Lucky or am I being set up ?

CapeThai

Ler me put it this way for you!!

If hes lady didnt ask him to sign any paper and the condo and car is in her name then thats a good sign. When and if she starts to ask him sign / cosign any paper then you should consult TV. The car and condo is in her name, and he should check if she bought the condo as she did the car. Because if he is paying half her car and condo then she will own it after its paid full. That means in 5 years he would have paid 2 million baht for something he will never own. But i somehow think this could be a good catch for him. How about he suggest the condo to be in his name if its bought...

Well they look very happy together as she appears to also be a very calm and homely person like him... Their currently working to improve their communication skills and he's apparently going the study Thai and she English....

Well he just seemed a bit worried or shocked about all the gifts she buys him and getting a place for them to stay and buying the car of his choice as he mentioned he will not qualify for finance in Thailand. She even asked him what color he wants and the % of the film they must put on the windows....

So do you guys think he's the got the real deal ?

You mention "gifts"

130000 THB deposit on a vehicle that probably costs 1M THB ?

3 months condo rent on a six month lease? quote: will live with her for 6 months before popping the marriage question.

Are you comfortable with labeling these "gifts"?

I am a romantic and like to think he's onto a real deal but would keep the runners near the front door.

Strikes me she's already spending his money. Has she not bought a car and rented a condo with the proviso that he is already paying half for both ?

A bit presumptious IMO. I smell a rat.

really, my understanding the guy is moving here, so he is going to move here live with her and will share the rent and car payment. Allot of girls i know would want him to pay for condo rental, car payment and give her money.

OP only your friend and determine if real or not.

• Like 1

when I met my wife she earnt a lot more than me(still does), owned a pretty good house and wanted to buy a new car for me but I said no so she bought a block of units instead. What your friend has is a genuine lady that knows what she wants, she is prepared to do whatever it takes for them to be together so I think he is a very lucky man. If she wasnt genuine she would spend her own money and she wouldnt be paying her share of everything. When 2 people do love each other nothing is really wrong, what your friend needs to do is decide if he loves her enough to accept everything she is doing for him because she obviously feels that way about him , he is one of the lucky ones

I don't understand your question. You mentioned he is not wealthy and she already know that, then what is he scare of??? Regarding the car she is smart because if they are going to get married it will be cheaper to buy than rent. Myself I was renting bike every time I visit Thailand. Last time I bought a bike for 80000 Baht, the same bike I had to pay 5000 Baht a month to rent. I already used if for 8 months, so half of the price is already covered. Now that I am out of Thailand I left it with a friend, when I go back then I use it again. So after 8 more months the price already paid.

You said she is buying him clothes not he buying her, again how is he going to loose money that he do not have.

As long as he is helping make payments and not paying things off in a lump sum, no problem.

If things go south he can bail. So just enjoy the ride. Some relationships work others don't, same

as in the west. Sound like she is all in, (31 no kids) as for him, he is going in eyes wide open

hand on the rip-cord. whistling.gif

She's 32 and if just a regular girl she may really not want to lose him, so buying this and that may be an attempt to show she's really serious and wants to make him happy. I know women back in the West who are in their late 30s and suddenly realize that the pickings are slimmer than they were a decade before -- biological clock and all. She may really think he's 'the one' and just afraid of blowing it.

For all the bad stories you hear, I think there are just as many nice, regular girls in Thailand as anywhere else.

• Like 2

Nobody on this forum can give you advice as they not familiar with any of the people involved. Just be careful and take things as they come, the same as in you're own country where you can get taken for a ride too.

• Like 2

Load of cynics on here who have contributed there 2 baht worth without even establishing the facts which were given at the start. so most of their 'advice' was drivel. No woman is perfect, but this one seems pretty good - wish i could have found one who could share the bills!

He has stayed with her several times, and is now coming for 6 months. Renting a condo is probably cheaper than a hotel. Buying a car is better than renting long term, and he only has to pay half the ongoing payments. He would probably have spent more if she hadn't done this any way. And after 6 months he should have a good idea if he still want s to get married. And if he walks, he has lost practically nothing.

Biggest issue, if he is still in 40's and not rich, is what country he lives in and works in and where will his wife be in the future.

She must come from a wealthy family if she was able to pay 130k on the car and deposit on the condo . So if the family belongs to the hi-so category just go for it.

What can possibly go wrong?

I have met quite a few financially well off women who work in 'legal' trades in Thailand over my visits.

However not one of them needed English lessons.

The only financially well off girls that could use some English lessons, had multiple sponsors and were still working in gogo's.

She sounds like the 'real deal' but a bit presumptuous (doing things without consulting him first). But her intentions are probably sincere and geared to securing a future with him (and for herself).

Obviously, she does plan to rule the roost. Still, depending on his personality, that may be okay.

Best wishes to them for a real romance.

And I agree with a few others, there are some very good Thai women.

there was anothr thread where the guy bought a car, and can not get the title, as it was brought in under the radar and import fees outstanding

this condo, or home, is likely also owned by a friend of the family,

nothing about this story makes sense,

if she was wealthy, another story,

which makes this,

just a story

As others have said, as things stand, she's the one that's out of pocket so if your Friend was to go there & give it a whirl then he's got nothing to lose financially outside of 1/2 of the 6 months rent (cheaper than staying in a hotel for 6 months) & 6 car payments (cheaper than the 250k he was planning to spend).

Few things that might help get a sense of the girl:-

- How did they meet?

- How much time have they spent together

- How long was it before they slept together

Few things that might help get a sense of the girl:-

- How did they meet?

- How much time have they spent together

- How long was it before they slept together

Dr Phil, is that you ? whistling.gif

What relevance is there to when they started playing hide the sausage ?...

oh I get it, if it was the first time she met then she must a hooker/BG, as a real Thai ladies who are not hookers/BG's holds out for at least the 10th date ...rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

Nobody on this forum can give you advice as they not familiar with any of the people involved. Just be careful and take things as they come, the same as in you're own country where you can get taken for a ride too.

Good answer Anon999

• Like 1

I guess it has all been said.

I would not want a relationship with a person who makes unilateral decisions like she has done, particularly financial ones.

Her aim may well be true. I don't doubt her intentions, or his.

I just hope she is super hot and a tiger in the sack. After a lifetime of living at home there is high probability she is very inexperienced in relationships, intimacy, etc.

The best way to test a relationship is to travel together. Travel to places that are not easy to get to or get out of. After weeks or a month or 2 the relationship will revel its strengths and weaknesses. Nothing accelerates/tests relationships like travel. Other things do (serious illness etc.) but of the things you can control this is a good tester.

Well I don't know a lot of how wild their intimate affairs is but I do know she only had 1 Thai boyfriend who dumped her at the altar 5 years back for a younger girl and never had a relationship ever since.

She does come across as a bit inexperienced in a relationship and I do know it was apparently not just a case of jumping into bed on their first meeting. This took quite a while to happen but knowing him this would not have really bothered him that much as he did mention to me she is a real lady and very much reserved.

I think his (and your) problem is u see thai women as being all the same. If you look at the individual human before putting them in categories u would not be thinking this way and asking for opinions

In that case I will not be asking you your Sir'ness so then also keep your remarks to yourself if you have nothing to actually share.

Dear Cape Thai !

I think he have found a very ggod thai girl !!

I have my one now for 12 years, 2 kids, 5 and 9, so you might beleave and trust what i say here now;

There are many BS comments here on this forums, please take care ; dont send a picture - this was a joke !!

If she would been a bar girl, she would speak english, and not go to an english school;

As bar girl she would not have the money and would not have done this with the condo and the car;

With the car, it was a very vise decision from her, not always rent, is too expensive,

much better a new than a used one;

I think she worked and saved money from her Job;

I think also her parents have their own income and their own house where they live,

so I guess he will later on not be responsible to feed them too much;

She knows that he is not reach;

To share the actual costs - seems to me very fair,

He not paid like many other 2 mill for a condo or 600.000,- for a car,

so, if it will fail later, he loose just his life spending with her !!

And be sure if he would go with a bar girl on daylie basis,

he would spend 2 times more and loose 10 times more;

My wife from before working in 7/11 - improved with some schooling which i sponsored,

improved now to job and selary for 1k US$;

about the same what I can spend every month,

she take care all family with Grands which live with us,

my money was used first for the haus in BKK;

and now to purchase a wekend house in Bang Saray;

I wish your friend all thebest,

I think he is a lucky expat and farang;

If you want more,

pls feel free to PrivateMaill me;

Thank You very much for your opinion and positive first hand experience of Thai woman to what I have posted here. She definitely is no bargirl and works with my Wife at the ministry of justice and has a good job.

The reason why I posted this question on here is so I can give my friend the link later on so he can read everyone's comments good and bad. He is a intelligent person so he will obviously be disregarding the brainless and soulless comments on here and recognize the advise and comments from intellectual individuals who experienced the good side of Thai woman as well. This should answer all of his questions and put him at ease of what he previously heard about Thai woman just wants Farang money is a load of bullshit unless your brainless enough and go dig your own hole next to Nana, Potong, Cowboy or in Pattaya.

Thanks Again for all who has contributed towards this thread, might it be positive or a load of BS you posted. It will all help him putting his mind in the right place...

And NO GUYS, I can not put her photo and mobile number on here as I will be skinned alive and fed to the river monsters in the Prao....

Edited by CapeThai
  • Like 1

She sounds like the 'real deal' but a bit presumptuous (doing things without consulting him first). But her intentions are probably sincere and geared to securing a future with him (and for herself).

Obviously, she does plan to rule the roost. Still, depending on his personality, that may be okay.

Best wishes to them for a real romance.

And I agree with a few others, there are some very good Thai women.

there was anothr thread where the guy bought a car, and can not get the title, as it was brought in under the radar and import fees outstanding

this condo, or home, is likely also owned by a friend of the family,

nothing about this story makes sense,

if she was wealthy, another story,

which makes this,

just a story

What are you smoking? Your 100% right, nothing will make sense to you if you have not read the whole God damn post...

She must come from a wealthy family if she was able to pay 130k on the car and deposit on the condo . So if the family belongs to the hi-so category just go for it.

What can possibly go wrong?

Nope, her family is an ordinary everyday family with their own local Thai food shop....

From what Inknow she works hard, saves her money and don't drink smoke or go to clubs. She does however have a degree and well paid job.

I think his (and your) problem is u see thai women as being all the same. If you look at the individual human before putting them in categories u would not be thinking this way and asking for opinions

In that case I will not be asking you your Sir'ness so then also keep your remarks to yourself if you have nothing to actually share.
this is a further proof that u see people as objects hence did not understand. If you want to hear what you "prefer" to hear then why bother asking for other opinions. Thai women this thai woman that! Lol.

"Thai women behaviour" rings similar to "Doberman behaviour". If you're thinking of getting a dog then it is fair to say "I'm looking for dog suitable for young kids" or " I want a guard dog". In those cases it is fair to start with a particular breed as their "behaviour" is similar although varies from dog to dog.