Can An Asian Woman Really Love A Man? Or Are Men Just Atms

chinadarling

Generally, I think Thais have a pragmatic 'true love' notion.

In the west, 'romantic love' is a popular drug. But 'true love exists very often.

In my opinion, today, 'romantic love' is the one that will cause pain. It's like a candle burning too hot. It has more passion, but when the passion burns out so does the candle. Then someone is hurt, maybe both. It's where dysfunctional relationships seem to germinate or express themselves.

I'm no Stickman, but it seems to me that Thais have a middle road between arranged marriage and a practical 'true love'. If a westerner is offended by sinsot, then maybe a western girl is a better choice. If a westerner loves other cultures, then mai pen rai. Have it up front, I say.

It is the way of the world guys. The cock with the brightest feathers gets the hen.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have asked a number of women in Asia what is important and I have noticed one trend, they say the man should love me, never they should love the man. I wonder if there is any love in Asia or is it all just business?

Asian women love the man, as you say, as much as western women do.

Women look for security and Asians are not different than Westerners for that, so yes, money is part of the equation.

But family ties are stronger in Asia than they are in most of the western world, hence chances that your Asian wife stays with you in 'difficult' times is probably higher than in the western world...

I have asked a number of women in Asia what is important and I have noticed one trend, they say the man should love me, never they should love the man. I wonder if there is any love in Asia or is it all just business?

Asian women love the man, as you say, as much as western women do.

Women look for security and Asians are not different than Westerners for that, so yes, money is part of the equation.

But family ties are stronger in Asia than they are in most of the western world, hence chances that your Asian wife stays with you in 'difficult' times is probably higher than in the western world...

Best post so far, I think you are 100% correct.