Dept of Mental Health Survey: Thai people happier under new govt

webfact

Survey: Thai people happier under new govt

BANGKOK, 18 March 2015 (NNT) – A recent survey by the Department of Mental Health has found that Thai people have are happier during the second half of 2014, under the new government.

The survey discovered that the level of Thai people’s happiness, which was previously rated as moderate,has begun to drop continuously since early 2014, when the country was undergoing political volatility.

The level of happiness, however, gradually picked up in the second half of 2014 when PM Prayut Chan-ocha came into power. The survey ascribed their psychological improvements to their abilities to earn stable incomes and liberate themselves from loan sharks.

Despite Thai people’s increased well-being, doctors have recommended them simple tips that they keep positive outlook on life, which includes spending more time with their families and friends, exercising regularly and staying cheerful when being with others.

The survey was jointly conducted by the National Statistics Office, Mahidol University’s Institute for Population and Social Research and Thai Health Promotion Foundation. The results were compiled from 81,000 Thais aged above 15 across the country. The project will continue for another 10 quarters.

The United Nations has proclaimed March 20 the International Day of Happiness. In 2013, Thailand was ranked by the UN as 36th in the world and second in ASEAN after Singapore in terms of happiness.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-03-18 footer_n.gif

crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZci8XVf8 ............I am always happy being mentally deranged.........thumbsup.gif

Hey Transam, may be we are both mentally deranged but always happy as you said.

I pity those miserable gits on TVF that are soooooooo wise and mentally stable but their lips never cracked a smile, never enjoyed life or take a microphone in their hands to express themselves with a nice song.

Mai Ben Rai......they are the ones missing from life.......and life is short.

• Like 2

crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZci8XVf8 ............I am always happy being mentally deranged.........thumbsup.gif

Hey Transam, may be we are both mentally deranged but always happy as you said.

I pity those miserable gits on TVF that are soooooooo wise and mentally stable but their lips never cracked a smile, never enjoyed life or take a microphone in their hands to express themselves with a nice song.

Mai Ben Rai......they are the ones missing from life.......and life is short.

Friday this old guy will sing some stuff to bring back some memories to guys.......Brings a smile (or perhaps tears) but I love trying..............YEEEEH, rascals are always rascals........smile.png

Well, after the thingie happened I couldn't help but notice that the Thai feeling on the street was CALMER.

Another feeling I got was: what took them so long?

The people have "grown" to expect it.

In a people really ready and really wanting real democracy ... I can't imagine that.

Whatever happens here, it ain't gonna be any kind of western democracy. There seems to be a consensus on that for all the lip service to the contrary.

Edited by Jingthing

When I read about Thais and their surveys, especially into stuff like happiness levels, it reminds me of some 1970s TV commentator adjusting his cardboard props during an election crossed with early 20th century boffins presenting their findings in how long is a piece of string.

It would be almost charming of the little Thai darlings, measuring their happiness like a 4 year old dresses up dolls, if it wasn't so depressing at their intellectual vapidity and the additional foul taste left in the mouth from the manipulation of generations of a whole population.

• Like 1

The people with mental health issues are those who churn this nonsense out and expect the public to believe it.

Talk about La La land, luckily plenty of room for TAT officials, Thailand Researchers for Community Happiness and so many more.

Can we stop having this drivel and obvious brainwashing that Thais are happy with the government because some surveys say so. Some people are and some aren't. Money would be better spent on changing the infrastructure, piss poor roads, electricity supplied above ground to name just a few things. You may keep bombarding the public with 'how good the government are doing' but people are not stupid. if everyone is so happy then why don't they free democratically run elections? I think we all now that reason. they wouldn't win and it would mean that all these 'çrappy' surveys are not telling the truth.

• Like 1

Are these the same people doing the TAT surveys about how tourism is booming etc? Perhaps they only survey those that have been "readjusted". Or, maybe they really did talk to the mentally ill stoned on Thorazine, "another 500 milligrams please, the patient is showing signs of sanity". They obviously didn't "survey" any non mentally ill people up in Issan where the dissatisfaction grows daily and has nothing to do with red shirts.

• Like 1

If anybody here believes this article, boy have I got a deal for you!! No cheques, just cash in small denominations...

I am beginning to think that these surveys are carried out in North Korea,so much BS.

Didn't the fuhrer say not long ago that only surveys carried out were to be ones that put the present regime in a good light?