Disabling my personal messenger – what am I doing wrong?

Beetlejuice

Please could someone help me? I am totally confused.

I have blocked members from contacting me via my personal messenger, because I prefer only to be involved with other members on the open forums.

I have recently been given a warning because mods are unable to contact me via my PM. This has happened to me before because it seems that by blocking all members from my personal messenger also blocks Mods and Admin, plus there is a disable personal messenger button in my profile that to me means I have the option to disable my PM, so do not understand why I am getting warnings and how I am blocking Admin and the Mods from personally messaging me?

If I disable my personal messenger am I breaking Thai visa rules? As I do not want to get suspended over this. Also does this mean that I am unable to block all members as a whole from messaging me without also blocking Mods and Admin?

I did contact support by email, but was told I should be OK now as I have again enabled my pm but I am still confused over this issue.

Sorry, I am getting old, finding this confusing and would be most grateful for advice on how to use the disabling pm function without breaking Thai visa rules and getting into trouble?

Thanks in advance.

Yes BJ. I will help.

You are not allowed to use that feature. Why they even provide the feature is beyond me.

If you want to stop people from PM ing you, you need to put them on your blocked list.

It's pointless, you can add 247000 people to your blocked list, nor can you disable that PM system without also blocking the mods.

Clear as mud?

Yes BJ. I will help.

You are not allowed to use that feature. Why they even provide the feature is beyond me.

If you want to stop people from PM ing you, you need to put them on your blocked list.

It's pointless, you can add 247000 people to your blocked list, nor can you disable that PM system without also blocking the mods.

Clear as mud?

neverdie, thank you for this, I owe you a drink.

I used to click the disable PMs feature then later receive a warning for doing so and not being clear why it`s wrong because the system allows me to. For some reasons I thought Admin and the Mods could bypass the disabled PM feature. I was also not able to find any info on this in the help section. The whole thing is very confusing.

The problems I have experienced in the past with my personal messenger is that some of those who don`t always agree with me for whatever reasons and like to make threats or get abusive will often try to sneak in an offensive comment via my PM.

So it appears in the future will have to block members individually from my PM as clicking on the disable personal messenger button is against the rules or could result in being suspended for using it.

...it seems that by blocking all members from my personal messenger also blocks Mods and Admin, plus there is a disable personal messenger button in my profile that to me means I have the option to disable my PM...

I am trying to recreate your problem, but I cannot find a button to block receipt of PMs from all members. Could you post a screenshot of the page with this button, please?

...it seems that by blocking all members from my personal messenger also blocks Mods and Admin, plus there is a disable personal messenger button in my profile that to me means I have the option to disable my PM...

I am trying to recreate your problem, but I cannot find a button to block receipt of PMs from all members. Could you post a screenshot of the page with this button, please?

Screen shot below:

post-110219-0-96454500-1426883825_thumb.

Edited by Beetlejuice
  • Like 1

Yes BJ. I will help.

Clear as mud?

neverdie, thank you for this, I owe you a drink.

I used to click the disable PMs feature then later receive a warning for doing so and not being clear why it`s wrong because the system allows me to. For some reasons I thought Admin and the Mods could bypass the disabled PM feature. I was also not able to find any info on this in the help section. The whole thing is very confusing.

The problems I have experienced in the past with my personal messenger is that some of those who don`t always agree with me for whatever reasons and like to make threats or get abusive will often try to sneak in an offensive comment via my PM.

So it appears in the future will have to block members individually from my PM as clicking on the disable personal messenger button is against the rules or could result in being suspended for using it.

No problem mate, you owe me nothing.

I had the same problem.

I often get offensive mail, normally from rejoinees who can't hack being told the truth.

Most of them are probably ex cons with an axe grind with the police. Some of the are a couple of screws loose.....others just a few sandwiches short of a picnic. ???

• Like 2