Extension of Retirement Visa Today - But also a Query

Went for an extension of my Retirement Visa today at the Udon Thani Immigration Office. The place was empty, so I seen straight away. Was asked if I wanted the same multiple entry type visa I had previously. I told the Immigration Officer that a single entry would suffice. Everything seemed to go ok. She said the fee was B 5000, which I thought was a bit steep, as I thought the cost of the visa, plus the single entry was about B 3000. Never the less I paid it, and left (only took about 15 minutes).

It wasn't until I arrived home I checked my passport, and while it says that I have been permitted to stay for another year, and have the single entry I wanted, I noticed she has also stamped the following;

RETIREMENT

UDON THANI IMMIGRATION

Application of stay is under consideration of the Immigration Bureau Applicant MUST contact this office again in person on 18 APR 2015

SIGNED ........................

Is this normal practice, as I haven't heard of this before.

I guess you realise !

Tip for next time! Place the exact "fee" money in an envelope and mark the envelope "Extension of stay Fee 1900" . In another envelope place the money for a re entry permit and mark the envelope appropriately. Attache the envelopes to the application forms.

Make sure that a receipt is obtained for any monies paid.

• Like 1

Thanks again to both off you for your quick replies. nzexpat - I was going to say something, regarding the fee, but the place was empty, except for the Immigration Officers. I thought to myself, if I make a scene they'll stop my visa. I feel you can't win with these people in authority, and who would listen to me if I made a complaint ?.

Thanks again to both off you for your quick replies. nzexpat - I was going to say something, regarding the fee, but the place was empty, except for the Immigration Officers. I thought to myself, if I make a scene they'll stop my visa. I feel you can't win with these people in authority, and who would listen to me if I made a complaint ?.

You thinking is wrong. No need to make a scene you just mention the correct cost being e.g. bt 2,900 and that is what you would be charged.

They know what they are doing is illegal and risky, so as soon you ask to talk to the supervisor you would see them quickly charge you the same all the others are paying.

• Like 2