Prince of Songkhla dental school

recom273

I have heard this dental clinic / school mentioned here before but i know little of the details. Has anyone visited ?

Where is it ? Can anyone walk in ? Whats the pricing system ? Is it just as convenient to go to a clinic in HY ( I gather the best clinics are around 'the s-wan' ) .. I don't worry too much, but any horror stories ? Am i right in thinking its where dental trainee practice their skills ?

I also heard its busy and without an appointment system you just turn up early and join the queue. Is this correct ?

I need one of my molars removing or filling, I'm not a lover of dentists, so thinking about trying something different. If i have to sit all morning reading a book to save a 'few' baht, then i think its got to be worth it.

Edited by recom273

Wifey says there is no appointment, just turn up early, and that it's busy because charges are low.

My dentist is on Sai 2. He's good, friendly, good English, and I thought cheap. Last time I went, I thought I had a cavity, but after 20 minutes of inspecting, touching with a sharp tool etc, he said there was no hole but a bit of receding gum; No charge. Dentist back in NZ would have charged $50 for his time.

There's a nice coffee shop downstairs, too, run by his cousin, also a nice chap.

I'll find the exact address if you're interested.

Wifey has been going to him for years and is even a FB friend.