Best Movie, featuring Thailand

DM07

Just curious...

I have some guilty pleasures like all the 70's "Emmanuelle" - movies, that play in Thailand...I heard....

"The Beach" or "The Hangover/2", which I liked!

But the best one IMHO is "Brokedown Palace".

Compelling story, killer soundtrack, excellent photography...

https://youtu.be/SMHif_yec4k

Any other suggestions?

• Like 1

Bangkok dangerous.

Wasn't a great movie, wasn't bad either.

James Bond would be my pick though. Can't beat the old 007 flicks.

What...!!!!!..... you lot have forgot the greatest Thailand based movie ever made

Filmed in Sri Lanka.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0050212/locations?mode=desktop

"featuring Thailand"......not filmed in Thailand....tongue.png tongue.png tongue.png now unless I am mistaken Kanchanaburi and its surrounds are most certainly in Thailand and the Burmese/Siam railway didn't have a station in Colombo laugh.png laugh.png laugh.png laugh.png
  • Like 2

i like the movies featuring Jessica Bangkok and Lilly Thai...

Or that cinematographic masterpiece

Bangkok Lolita

:

rolleyes.gif

haven't watched it yet-but i am always open for educational cinematography... sounds already enlightening...

Womb raider was good also but not filmed in Thailand.

Oh dear, I studied "cinema of Thailand" back at uni. Some famous Thai movies featuring Thailand are "The adventures of Iron Pussy", "Ong Bak", "Last life in the universe", "Nang Naak", "Tears of the black tiger", "Chocolate" and "Uncle Boonmee". Films featuring Thailand made by non Thai's or shot outside Thailand include "The Beach", "The King and I", "Anna and the King", "The man with the golden gun", "Tomorrow never dies", "Bangkok Dangerous", "Bangkok Hilton", "Broken Palace", "The Railwayman", "The hangover 2" and "Bridge on the river Kwai".

The best? The 90s "Ku Gam (Sunset at Chaophraya)" lakorn featuring Bird Thongchai. Oh the endless river of tears by teenage Thai girls at the season's finale.

• Like 1

The Beach was an awful film imo, but the book was excellent.

Anyone seen

Uncle Boonmee Who Can Recall His Past Lives (2010)

"Loong Boonmee raleuk chat" (original title)

Not Rated | 114 min | Drama, Fantasy |

Worth a look. Very true to Thai life. Inspired by the book "A Man Who Can Recall Past Lives" by Phra Sripariyattiweti of Sang Arun Forest Monastery, Khon Kaen. Published in August 23, 1983. Featured in At the Movies: Cannes Film Festival 2010

The film is strange but the words which feel most appropriate to the film are "gentle" and "mysterious".

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1588895/

Sars Wars.

Actually holds its own in the zombie movie genre as one of the obscure good ones. It's a comedy but the typical slapstick works well and it has a good budget and FX, funny situations and quite witty writing, a hot chick or two, lots of playing with stereotypes and a guest appearance by that famous bald farang whose name I've forgotten.

Mosquito comes over from Africa and bites a farang (never a Thai of course) who then turns into a zombie and forces the lock-down of a BKK condo. Meanwhile our (Thai) heroes are trying to get into the building to rescue a young lady who's been kidnapped by a gang of hoodlums.