Stronger economic headwinds anticipated

webfact

You said thanks to the Shinawatra clan Thailand has to save.

I am simply asking you to back up your assertions. How are the Shinawatras responsible for low spending?

Thailand Debt to GDP ratio is not high at all. So please back up your claim why Thailand has to save because of the Shinawatras? Or just admit it was an easy comment to make with no sound reasoning.

Economic growth in Thailand over the past 15 years dominated by Shinawatras has been the highest in the countries history. So please comment how they are responsible for low economic growth? or having to save?

Just two figures need be shown - Household debts and government debts, including those placed off budget.

This is about Thailand having to save, not personal household debt. Thailands debt to GDP is about 46%, which is relatively low, lower than Malaysia, Singapore, Laos, Vietnam etc.

So i ask again, what information are you using to say that thanks to the Shinawatras, Thailand has to save?

High household debts have no bearing on economic headwinds?

That is nothing to do with what i am saying, which you well know.

H90 said that Thailand has to save thanks to the Shinawatras. Which is blatantly a completely untrue statement which i pulled him up on. He has so far produced nothing which backs up his claim, so he may as well just admit he is speaking complete rubbish.

It makes it all the more a crazy statement given the current Govt's spending plans, which quite clearly show they are trying to disburse more money, not save it.

Thailand's govt debt increased more than 5% to 45+% of GDP from 2012 to 2014, and this does not include the damages from the rice scheme, estimated at over Bt600b.

Should this be included, debt exceed 50% of GDP.

Debt has to be repaid, if not, interest is charged to the National Budget each year, with less amounts to progress the country.

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/thailand/government-debt-to-gdp