Frenchman arrested for shoplifting meat from North Pattaya Supermarket

webfact

Why does he need to steal? Perhaps he should return to his country to build more wealth, before coming back here for his fun.

Many people who steal, have an illness, nothing to do with poor

Don't you just love it, how everything is an illness these days? The great thing about that is that it totally discards personal responsibility which will appeal to those that don't have it. Drinking 3 liters of soda a day and being obese? Oh, I just have this illness. Shoplifting? Sorry, I'm sick. Alcohol abuse, leading to road carnage or domestic abuse? Well, alcoholism is a disease, nothing I can do about it.

Give me a break.

This is EXACTLY what I think on a weekly basis. Whatever crap people pull nowadays, there's an "illness" that goes with it that you can blame. I say, get rid of all these made-up illnesses and make people take full responsibility for their own actions.

Not to say that there aren't mental illnesses, but stuff like alcoholism and other self-inflicted conditions? Give me a break.

The police didn't make any effort, they were summoned. The security guard also did his duty. The foreigner made a mistake, no other person did.

One other person did, you, with your unjustified little Thai police bash, why do you say the police made no effort, where you there? Do you think the police should be patrolling inside private premises looking for shoplifters?

I did not bash police, but you need to learn English better. I stated simple facts: the only effort Thai police did was coming to arrest.

Edited by paz

He should be deported as he is a habitual thief who has been caught before. Having suffered losses in excess of GBP100,000 through thieves shop lifting, I have no sympathy. If he stole from your pocket would you have any sympathy?

I hate shop lifters bah.gif

Those bastards threaten "hypocritically" many shops and could do that for years without being caught.

He didn't lift a shop he lifted meat.

Blame it on the decline of the Euro...

OK the Euro has fallen somewhat in the last few months, and yes, down to just over 35B to the Euro From over 40 last year, but...

... on October the 22 last year it was 41 down from 42 the year before so what was his excuse then???

If he was caught twice how many time's has he thieved and not been caught?

At best he can not afford to live in Thailand so send him packing...

He should be deported as he is a habitual thief who has been caught before. Having suffered losses in excess of GBP100,000 through thieves shop lifting, I have no sympathy. If he stole from your pocket would you have any sympathy?

Where's your shop?

Why does he need to steal? Perhaps he should return to his country to build more wealth, before coming back here for his fun.

I agree with you they have problems with their hands, they cannot keep them to themselves. If he was poor than i would say the same as you ,There are many poor Thai people who do not steal. They do not have the option of going home .

Edited by Thongkorn

Kleptomania often manifests as a result of underlying unaddressed issues. Chopping off hands and guillotines are not the solution in these cases. Deport him to France and make it the problem of Carrefour, Aix en Provence, Lourdes, Lyon, or wherever. He looks like skinny immigrant anyway. Let him eat Hummous in gaol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by arunsakda

Don't you just love it, how everything is an illness these days? The great thing about that is that it totally discards personal responsibility which will appeal to those that don't have it. Drinking 3 liters of soda a day and being obese? Oh, I just have this illness. Shoplifting? Sorry, I'm sick. Alcohol abuse, leading to road carnage or domestic abuse? Well, alcoholism is a disease, nothing I can do about it.

Give me a break.

This is EXACTLY what I think on a weekly basis. Whatever crap people pull nowadays, there's an "illness" that goes with it that you can blame. I say, get rid of all these made-up illnesses and make people take full responsibility for their own actions.

Not to say that there aren't mental illnesses, but stuff like alcoholism and other self-inflicted conditions? Give me a break.

An inability to emphatise is also an illness ;)