Sukumvit blockade.

papa al

Best/fastest way is to turn left onto Suk; and go up the ramp onto 7. Get over to the left side quickly, and take the road toward 36. That will take you onto the RR bypass road. Then make a u-turn at the water tower, and drive back to Soi Siam CC - just a few hundred meters.

I use that route regularly. Just to add, you don't need to go anywhere near the water tower turn. There's one about 1km from when you leave the motorway. Water tower much further on.

Best/fastest way is to turn left onto Suk; and go up the ramp onto 7. Get over to the left side quickly, and take the road toward 36. That will take you onto the RR bypass road. Then make a u-turn at the water tower, and drive back to Soi Siam CC - just a few hundred meters.

Just be aware that you're not allowed to drive a bike on Highway 7.

I use that route regularly. Just to add, you don't need to go anywhere near the water tower turn. There's one about 1km from when you leave the motorway. Water tower much further on.

Thanks for that correction. That's the one I meant. I actually went to Foodland today, and used that route coming back. I noticed my error when I made the u-Turn. It is, indeed, the very first intersection you come to on the RR bypass road after turning onto it from 7.

I have tried that but still find doing the allowed Sukhumvit U turn and doubling back to soi SCC is no longer than alternatives if you keep left most of the way ....

Depends on the day and time of day, Peter. Suk gets badly backed up, all the way north beyond the 7 entrance/exit ramps during heavy traffic.

Since HW7 isn’t legal for a Bike, this is the route I would take:

Get to Soi Bongkot by either 3rd road or Soi Arunotai depending on where you are on Pattaya Klang. When Bongkot wears right, continue straight towards Soi Batman, turn right up towards Pattaya Tai just before LK Living Place. Left onto Thai and cross straight over Sukhumvit into Soi Wat Tamsamakee, turn right after the school then third left towards the rail road bypass, follow to SSCC.

(Or just take the most convenient route to Pattaya Tai and follow the rest above.)

Map