fly khon kean to hua hin?

ryanhull

I see, problem is I am taking the family away including my 2 month old son taxi is a no go, we was hoping to fly into hua hin from either roi et or kkc, I cannot find any airlines that even fly from bkk to hua hin for some reason

Edited by ryanhull

Loads of flights from KK but all to Bangkok.

The odd flight to Chiang Mai in a small propeller plane.

Little off topic, but KanAir has upgraded the KKC to Chiang Mai service.

It's now daily, and gone are the Cessna Grand Caravans, they are now using 60 seat ATR72-500's. Real Planes!

• Like 2

I don't think there is one Ryan. I visit Hua Hin often also with a young family. I travel down on the overnight bus it's cheap and the young one sleeps all the way. Arrives 6.00 am in Hua Hin.

Thank mate, I would do the same but the wife wants to wait till he is a little older until he can go on longer journeys, I was hoping KKH - BKK then BKK to HH nice quick journey... looks like I will have to do KHH - BKK and split the drive up from BKK to HH up so the little guy is`nt in the car for too long in one go,

Cheers for the info, HH is a ghost airport it seems!

I don't think there is one Ryan. I visit Hua Hin often also with a young family. I travel down on the overnight bus it's cheap and the young one sleeps all the way. Arrives 6.00 am in Hua Hin.

Thank mate, I would do the same but the wife wants to wait till he is a little older until he can go on longer journeys, I was hoping KKH - BKK then BKK to HH nice quick journey... looks like I will have to do KHH - BKK and split the drive up from BKK to HH up so the little guy is`nt in the car for too long in one go,

If you add everything up, leaving your home, check in at the airport, the flight time, picking your bags up in bangkok, waiting in the que at bangkok to get a taxy and then the traffic on the roads during the daytime, the over night bus is a lot less hassle when traveling with the kids.

Nok were flying from DMK to HH from Nov 2013 but they cancelled it in Dec 2014 as they weren't getting the pax.

Honestly, just fly to DMK airport to land mid morning and pre book a car/van service from the DMK to HH which will take around 3 hrs max and cost less than 2 air tickets or the other crazy option via CM.

Nok were flying from DMK to HH from Nov 2013 but they cancelled it in Dec 2014 as they weren't getting the pax.

Honestly, just fly to DMK airport to land mid morning and pre book a car/van service from the DMK to HH which will take around 3 hrs max and cost less than 2 air tickets or the other crazy option via CM.

Yes flying CM will involve at least one overnight stay. Gan air don't offer rock bottom airfares like Nok Air or Air Asia to DMK either. So its more cash and more hassle to fly via CM. The best way is as above. Low cost airline to DMK and a road transfer. I would be also offer the driver a tip if he drives slower and more safely.

That Chiang Mai-Hua Hin flight is a delight. 1hr 50 flight time instead of 1hr to Don Muang then 2hr 30 on the highway. Price is 4,000 return but 50% off with 2 month advance purchase.

Just curious. Next year I plan to get the heck out of Chiang Mai during the burn season. I was considering Hua Hin. Looked on the major travel sites but found nothing from CNX to Hua Hin. What airline is flying down their and do you happen to have a link about the 50% off with 2 months booking. I'd book in December and get out of CM for 4 to 6 weeks in Feb 2016 if I could get round-trip tickets for ฿2000/person. I won't take the buses anymore. They scare the heck out of both my wife and I. Trains aren't much better.

Edited by connda

If you add everything up, leaving your home, check in at the airport, the flight time, picking your bags up in bangkok, waiting in the que at bangkok to get a taxy and then the traffic on the roads during the daytime, the over night bus is a lot less hassle when traveling with the kids.

http://www.kanairlines.com/web/

If money is not so important,

Khon Kaen - Chaing Mai - Hua Hin can be done with a short stop 30 min in Chinag Mai.

Return would have to be with night in Chiang Mai, flights about 1.700 - 1.900 Baht per flight segment.

Can be done. Some same me like it more in the air or in a cosy bed than on Thai roads.

Money yes, but stress and dangerous driving instead, I know waht I choose, if I can afford it without a big problem. wink.png

Edited by ALFREDO

That Chiang Mai-Hua Hin flight is a delight. 1hr 50 flight time instead of 1hr to Don Muang then 2hr 30 on the highway. Price is 4,000 return but 50% off with 2 month advance purchase.

Just curious. Next year I plan to get the heck out of Chiang Mai during the burn season. I was considering Hua Hin. Looked on the major travel sites but found nothing from CNX to Hua Hin. What airline is flying down their and do you happen to have a link about the 50% off with 2 months booking. I'd book in December and get out of CM for 4 to 6 weeks in Feb 2016 if I could get round-trip tickets for ฿2000/person. I won't take the buses anymore. They scare the heck out of both my wife and I. Trains aren't much better.

Kan Air fly CNX-HHQ (Hua Hin) 3 times a week Tuesday, Friday and Sunday. Departs CNX around 1700 and HHQ around 1900. They use the ATR plane which is a high wing prop job and seats around 60.

The 50% discount will likely disappear in time but I checked for end of May and it was still there. Punch your dates in and take a look:

• Like 1

Hi.

Firstly a comment about 2 hours by road from Bangkok to Hua Hin. This is one of the crazy speed drivers you always want to avoid in Thailand driving WELL OVER a sensible save speed. Allow at least 3 hours 15 minutes to 3 hours 45 minutes.

A much more comfortabLe alternative is Bells Travel Service who operate daytime very comfortable coach service from Bangkok Airport BKK to Hua Hin. A much better alternative to a taxi or mini bus. You can pre book your seats on-line.

Hi.

Firstly a comment about 2 hours by road from Bangkok to Hua Hin. This is one of the crazy speed drivers you always want to avoid in Thailand driving WELL OVER a sensible save speed. Allow at least 3 hours 15 minutes to 3 hours 45 minutes.

A much more comfortabLe alternative is Bells Travel Service who operate daytime very comfortable coach service from Bangkok Airport BKK to Hua Hin. A much better alternative to a taxi or mini bus. You can pre book your seats on-line.

I'll agree with that we used to taxi it down from bangkok and it was always longer than 3 hours. The last time in a taxi was near 5 hours in very bad traffic. Never again the overnight bus is far better for us.

wrong!!! as i understand it, there are no commercial flights into hua hin by order of Queen because of noise and disruptions.

i checked at HH airport last year and again this year and advised NO commercial flights.

you may be able to find a private small plane to do it.

otherwise, bell travel runs buses between BKK and HH every couple of hours providing excellent service

Somebody is wrong and it's not mahseer. Lionair operate Hua Hin to Hatyai and Kan Air operate to Chiang Mai. Prior to these two flights there was and maybe still is the Berjaya flight to Kuala Lumpur. Not much happening at Hua Hin except training flights with flight school.

wrong!!! as i understand it, there are no commercial flights into hua hin by order of Queen because of noise and disruptions.

i checked at HH airport last year and again this year and advised NO commercial flights.

otherwise, bell travel runs buses between BKK and HH every couple of hours providing excellent service

Right!! Kan started operation 30 January from Chiang Mai and I am sitting at HH airport right now awaiting the flight back north having flown south 2 weeks ago.

One thing about this flight is Kan have yet to perfect the art of departing on time. They were 25 minutes late coming down and projected to be 75mins late tonight.

Right!! Kan started operation 30 January from Chiang Mai and I am sitting at HH airport right now awaiting the flight back north having flown south 2 weeks ago.

One thing about this flight is Kan have yet to perfect the art of departing on time. They were 25 minutes late coming down and projected to be 75mins late tonight.

Might be to do with the thunderstorm over CNX airport late afternoon today. A chilly 21''c as I type. Dont worry the storms passed and the air is clean. Edited by CNXBKKMAN

Kan Air fly CNX-HHQ (Hua Hin) 3 times a week Tuesday, Friday and Sunday. Departs CNX around 1700 and HHQ around 1900. They use the ATR plane which is a high wing prop job and seats around 60.

The 50% discount will likely disappear in time but I checked for end of May and it was still there. Punch your dates in and take a look:

You can book out about 6 months. Prices are really reasonable. Thanks for the link!

Hi.

Bad advice. Hire a Camry for 1800 so you can stop as often as you like. Why take a 2 month old on a coach and ruin everyones trip? All drivers in Thailand are crazy but you are better off with telling the car driver to slow down then a bus driver.

Thanks for the replies all, I am a bit of a special case to most here as the doctor advised us not to go traveling too far yet as my son`s neck is still not strong enough for him to support his own head up properly (he is only 2 months old) hence the reason I wanted to fly rather than road in-case of sudden braking etc... the doctor said although he is a huge baby and very healthy this will probably be another month or so until he is good to go safely. I figured flying would be alot safer but maybe not,

I have been to Hui Hin in the past in a mini bus from BKK, it was a bit annoying as the driver not only drove like a maniac he kept stopping to let off parcels and various passengers at different points plus he even kept stopping to have a smoke! but hey you have to smile, id usually pay a little more to get a taxi, and when I do get a taxi I usually try to flag a modern car with the most sane looking driver!...

Bad advice. Hire a Camry for 1800 so you can stop as often as you like. Why take a 2 month old on a coach and ruin everyones trip? All drivers in Thailand are crazy but you are better off with telling the car driver to slow down then a bus driver.

I have often thought about hiring a car but I have had alot of bad experiences in the UK with deposit`s not being returned, I assume Thailand you have to pay a deposit to hire?

Anyway as usual great replies, thanks for the info