Most complaints about Thai police, Ombudsman's Office says

webfact

Most complaints about police, Ombudsman's Office says
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- In a separate development, the Ombudsman's Office yesterday announced its achievements over the past 15 years and revealed that the Royal Thai Police were the subject of the most complaints - 5,818 from the public.

Most complaints were submitted from people in Central provinces, at 18,089 cases.

Ombudsman General Gen Wittawat Ratchatanan told a press conference, on the March 30-April 3 seminar to mark its 15th anniversary, the agency had received 34,864 petitions and "solved" 32,486 cases.

He said the Constitution Drafting Committee (CDC)'s plan to combine his office with the National Human Rights Commission into one body named the Office of the Ombudsman and Human Rights Protection should be backed by temporary provisions.

If these materialised, there should be no problem, or work redundancy, if the officials united and cooperated.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Most-complaints-about-police-Ombudsmans-Office-say-30256613.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-03-24

5818 complaints in total, of which 18089 came from the central provinces!!

Makes sense!!

A future TAT prognosis maker..................coffee1.gif

You are confusing total complaints and complaints against police.

What really merits comment is:

told a press conference, on the March 30-April 3 seminar

I had to check if I had seriously overslept last night.

• Like 1

Congrats to the Ombudsman office. Close to 99% of their cases "solved", as they say themselves...Ombudsman General Gen Wittawat, you can pat yourself on the back..., I guess you just did. Anyway, with these numbers your job is secured...the only agency who can top this is the TAT!

• Like 2

For example my wifes case of corrupt revenue department,

which not returned Vat for export business: as company is to small - argument;

The Ombudsman told my wife, she should go back to revenue dep. and claim again,

they will do the correct thing;

( The officer on Ombudsman were a former employee of the revenue, so he knows his collegues

do a correct job , no other way !! They are State gvt officials !!

For 2 years they now investigating on our income, if all is correct registered ,

2 times checked the office !!

Case solved !!

( it was just for 70.000,- thb )

"Most complaints were submitted from people in Central provinces, at 18,089 cases." I am surprised! Only 18.089 case or did they drop a zero off there somewhere?

why people should go there ??

its wasted time , know of experiance !!

"Royal Thai Police were the subject of the most complaints - 5,818 from the public."

If the public could file complaints against the military forcing the nation now for nine months to martial law and denial of due process of law, the number of complaints would be in the millions. But General Prayut as a democratic soldier is immune (literally) from any civilian complaints. And I doubt his General assigned to Ombudsman would turn on Prayut in any case.

"Royal Thai Police were the subject of the most complaints - 5,818 from the public."

If the public could file complaints against the military forcing the nation now for nine months to martial law and denial of due process of law, the number of complaints would be in the millions. But General Prayut as a democratic soldier is immune (literally) from any civilian complaints. And I doubt his General assigned to Ombudsman would turn on Prayut in any case.

What are the soldiers doing wrong then? Can you give us some examples?

• Like 1

Do the public in general know how to contact the Ombudsman's Office? An average of only 5 complaints a day given the notoriety of many personnel in official positions I am surprised!