Interesting shooting locations in Pattaya?

Going to be in Pattaya for 3-4 days,if anyone could suggest any interesting locations for shooting that would be great.

Main focus will be street photography, which will be the walking street area, but looking for the following.

View points of Pattaya city for night shoot

Landscape,beach, rocks, jetties, piers, bridges,etc

Thanks in advance^^

Floor 10 in mikes shopping mall take the lift, there's a swimming pool on the roof, you could get some good night views there.

The Pattaya Beer Garden near the start of WS would provide a nice eye level view with cold beers and snacks.

Around the lighthouse area at the marina, theres some steps on the opposite side of the road you could go up.

Just off soi 12 on Naklua road there's a long pier. Google map it for directions.

You could head to the top of the Hilton but it's probably too high.

Floor 10 in mikes shopping mall take the lift, there's a swimming pool on the roof, you could get some good night views there.

The Pattaya Beer Garden near the start of WS would provide a nice eye level view with cold beers and snacks.

Around the lighthouse area at the marina, theres some steps on the opposite side of the road you could go up.

Just off soi 12 on Naklua road there's a long pier. Google map it for directions.

You could head to the top of the Hilton but it's probably too high.

How come you know Pattaya so well?

There is an area south of Pattaya which holds many photo opportunities. Head south out of Pattaya, past Baan Amphur, and then take a signposted left to Wat Yannasangwararam. There is a temple complex with some interesting buildings sat around a lake. On the far side of the lake is a Chinese temple called Viharn SIen with martial arts statues on the roof. Follow the road on from there and take a left at the T junction and you will come to the Buddha image on the side of a hill; and beyond that the Silverlake area which offers a few possibilities towards sundown.

Bang Saray and Baan Amphur both have piers and fishing fleets; catch them early in the morning.

At the top of the hill from second road heading towards Pratumnak you can turn right for the lookout point which gives you views all over Pattaya; good for sunset/night shots. Turn left instead and there is a pleasant little complex with a Guan Yin statue. Go further on and their are steps up to a large Buddha and some more views.

Thepprasit night market on Thepprasit Road should provide some opportunities.

Not sure what days it's on though, I'm sure it's open on a Thursday but I could be mistaken, ask any local they'll know.

Koh Larn, I'd suggest hiring a moped and driving about and see what you see.

How come you know Pattaya so well?

Just from years of browsing the net and reading, I'd never dream of going there myself.

A girl I met in BKK once told me it's full of drunken old perverts ogling scantily clad young ladies and to avoid it, so I gave it a miss.

• 1 month later...

Archived