How to convert movie from DVD into one file

ChristianPFC

How to convert movie from DVD into one file

I have several movies on DVD that I want to watch on my mobile phone when I travel. How can I convert (and if possible compress from 4 GB to 1 GB) the folders and files on DVD into one file (mp4, avi, flv) that can play on my mobile?

Either with my DVD Player (sherman DV-272 bought for 990 Baht, manual in Thai which I not fully understand, but English on box says "Convert CD into MP3 and keep file in USB") or with a program (which?) on my laptop (my laptop can play the movie from DVD, but I don't want to carry my laptop with me to watch the movie when I travel).

Edited by ChristianPFC

If the DVD's in question are not 'commercial', then there are several programs available for most OS'es that can convert/resize the files. Just google DVD to MP4

If commercial, then you're going to have 'issues' both retrieving the 'protected' content and getting anyone to discuss it in the live forums (see forum rules).

But know, it's possible, practical, and not too difficult. Then there are the 'magical' methods involving the Internet, P2P apps, and beer. Very similar results. Not that I know anything about that, as I don't drink beer.

As for the CD-to-MP3 ... the 'industry' lost that battle years ago, but that only covers Audio CDs. Won't help you with DVD content.

• 2 weeks later...