Report: France jet audio shows Germanwings pilot locked out of cockpit

webfact

Please do not speculate until the FULL facts are known.

A terrible tragedy, many young people gone. R.I.P.

Condolences to all the families of the victims.

Sorry, I don't get this request. Indeed it is a tragedy, but I doubt relatives are scouring the web right now for opinions.

Speculation 'is' going to happen, even if Angela Merkel asks people not to. It's like asking people not to drink if they are thirsty.

Full facts may 'never' be known, as was the case with other mystery crashes recently. Speculation is largely harmless.

My current suspicion is that we have one suicidal pilot who decided to take everybody out with him / her.

• Like 2

Try doing this in an A320.

Well it's been done in an A380. There's a video or two around.

Sorry that is absolute nonsense, it didn't and never happened.

It may be possible for the a/c to do it but the onboard flight systems would need to be fully disconnected.

The captain of an A380 could NOT do this.....but lad, if I could get the pair of us into a 707 tomorrow morning, I could wind it up and have it doing barrel roll after barrel roll straight out the gate.

Forget it in this modern crap. 555555

Take a look at the beautiful airmanship in this video.

You wouldn't even be able to find a driver that knows how to make it happen lol

Snipped: Famous video of a barrel-rolling 707/Dash 80

Maybe they can program it into the flight control computers and sell it as an optional features for thrilling the passengers.

Or maybe the passengers are getting enough thrills already flying with AIRBUS.

I've seen cockpit video of an airbus test pilot doing an F1 fly by at very low speed and altitude.

Talk about alarms going off!

w00t.gif

Thanks. I suppose they didn't mistake 30 feet of altitude for 100 feet like Air France Flight 296

(which I bet they wish they had flight deck video of).

Wasn't itva Classic to watch that fat pig just fly into the trees like that......the crew were just passengers and the aircraft just wallowed into the forest ?

It may be possible for the a/c to do it but the onboard flight systems would need to be fully disconnected.

The captain of an A380 could NOT do this.....but lad, if I could get the pair of us into a 707 tomorrow morning, I could wind it up and have it doing barrel roll after barrel roll straight out the gate.

Hope you don't mind if we bring a few plastic bags aboard with us. I do like to keep things tidy. --urp--

• Like 1

If I had a bit more capital behind me, I'd buy a couple of old Boeing 707's get hold of neversure, tywais, gentleman jim and the other old gurus here and we could pedal these old Birds around getting the people from a to b with the minimum of fuss, just likebthe good old days.....not a fone, wifi connection or any who haa anywhere......shards ha reakon George, we could call it TVF Airways.....we do Passengers and freight.......but only certain animals.

Then again, who needs george 'Neverdie Airways' has a certain ring to it.

• Like 1

Hope you don't mind if we bring a few plastic bags aboard with us. I do like to keep things tidy. --urp--

Suit and tie on neverdie airways.....all the flight ies dressed in the get up.....gentleman with hats...not a drunk, pair of thongs or laptop to be seen.....the good old days when only first class citizens flew ?

• Like 1

Huh??? I would imagine that most pilots with an ATP flying a 320 could barrel roll most planes. A lot of pilots have a military background. A barrel roll is not a difficult maneuver.

My father went through first Eastern 727 school in mid-60s, flew the 727 and 1011 for Eastern and retired flying DC10s and MD11s for Fed Ex. Father did barrel rolls in the 727 back in the early days when Eastern carried freight. A Fed Ex pilot barrel rolled a DC10 in the 90s to knock a hijacker down.

I bet I could barrel roll a 727 . . . I only have about 500 hours, but done barrel rolls in 172, Citabria, clipped wing Cub, Pitts and etc. and spent considerable time flying left seat in 727 sims while father instructed FEs. Easy low G maneuver.

You still hear occasional stories about pilots, especially commuter RJs, doing barrel rolls when empty.

RE: Crash

RIP. Sad world we live in. Confirming a deliberate act on TV right now.

Edited by F430murci

""MARSEILLE PROSECUTOR - GERMAN CO-PILOT APPEARS TO HAVE CRASHED PLANE DELIBERATELY", says reuters. "

If the pilot was a muslim it would of been called a terrorist attack without any questions asked, but since hes a german wasp, no way can it be a terrorist attack. Its just a deliberate crash now smile.png

How do you know it wasn't terrorism? Could be another Anders Breivik. At least now that we have the name, people can start digging into this guy and discover his motivations. People usually don't commit suicide by taking another 149 people with them. BTW, the Wall Street Journal, which has an article up on this, was sitting on the news. They already have background info on the perp and the story was posted simultaneously with the opening of the press conference.

""MARSEILLE PROSECUTOR - GERMAN CO-PILOT APPEARS TO HAVE CRASHED PLANE DELIBERATELY", says reuters. "

If the pilot was a muslim it would of been called a terrorist attack without any questions asked, but since hes a german wasp, no way can it be a terrorist attack. Its just a deliberate crash now smile.png

How do you know it wasn't terrorism? Could be another Anders Breivik. At least now that we have the name, people can start digging into this guy and discover his motivations. People usually don't commit suicide by taking another 149 people with them. BTW, the Wall Street Journal, which has an article up on this, was sitting on the news. They already have background info on the perp and the story was posted simultaneously with the opening of the press conference.

It is terrorism, but its not reffered to as "terrorism" by the media. It would only be called a terrorist attack if the pilot happened to be a muslim. Thats what I'm saying. Do you hear the word terrorist from any major media outlet?

Huh??? I would imagine that most pilots with an ATP flying a 320 could barrel roll most planes. A lot of pilots have a military background. A barrel roll is not a difficult maneuver.

My father went through first Eastern 727 school in mid-60s, flew the 727 and 1011 for Eastern and retired flying DC10s and MD11s for Fed Ex. Father did barrel rolls in the 727 back in the early days when Eastern carried freight. A Fed Ex pilot barrel rolled a DC10 in the 90s to knock a hijacker down.

I bet I could barrel roll a 727 . . . I only have about 500 hours, but done barrel rolls in 172, Citabria, clipped wing Cub, Pitts and etc. and spent considerable time flying left seat in 727 sims while father instructed FEs. Easy low G maneuver.

You still hear occasional stories about pilots, especially commuter RJs, doing barrel rolls when empty.

Everything you said I agree with except the barrel roll in the a320. It can't be done, the computers won't allow it.

THATS MY POINT MATE.....the computer won't allow it and that's not something that you can toggle off.....it's inbuilt.

End of

Everything you said I agree with except the barrel roll in the a320. It can't be done, the computers won't allow it.

THATS MY POINT MATE.....the computer won't allow it and that's not something that you can toggle off.....it's inbuilt.

End of

My apologies then. I thought you were saying pilots today liked the skills to do one. If you notice, I never said barrel rolls in a 320 as I was unsure if electronics could be disengaged sufficiently to get it inverted without intervention.

mmaybe the pilot was a German Turkish muslim who became radicalised ????? or a noraml guy who got depressed and suddenly lost it bigtime ???

all will come out in the end ,, the plane will be minutely examined for faults , strucural, engines, electronics etc etc and also the pilots , crew and passangers will be examined

French, german and spanish governments ,IATA , Insurance companies , and Airbus will want to know what happened.

Does the name andreas lubinsky sound Turkish to you?

A turkish pilot could of commited sucide as well, humans are faulty creatures.

I'm just questioning the hypocrisy of the media, my condolonces to everyone who lost their lives especially those teens that were going on a school trip.

Possible for the other pilot to have suffered a heart attack or anything else that left him incapacitated. sad.png

In which case it was unfortunate he managed to lock the cockpit door before having a heart attack.

The door would lock automatically no point in having a unlocked cockpit door during a flight nowadays in an aircraft.

Right, but if " kotsak " hypothesis is what truly happened, airlines should consider having a third pilot in the cockpit.

"airlines in the U.S. don't leave one pilot alone in the cockpit.... if one of the pilots leaves — for example to use the bathroom — a flight attendant takes their spot in the cockpit. It was not immediately clear if European airlines have adopted the same practice." Or they should adopt the above practice, if not already in use.

We know the names of the pilots?

Even though the question was asked one million times by journalists of European press ...no answer for the time being.

Now they know, both typically German the one that locks himself alone in the cockpit Andreas not Muhammad

Is that a rerun of Egypt Air flight 990 whereby the pilot locked every body out and plunge the

aircraft into the ocean???

as it seems, the answer is obviously YES ermm.gif

Sure it is, if you're rewriting history or plainly ignorant (This sentence is a link).

The Egyptians couldn't accept that it was pilot-assisted mass suicide and blamed the aircraft.

Edited by MaxYakov

Possible for the other pilot to have suffered a heart attack or anything else that left him incapacitated. sad.png

That is always possible.

However, it wouldn't have made the aircraft start a descend until it hit the ground. The aircraft would continue on autopilot according to the programmed flight plan and profile.

In which case it was unfortunate he managed to lock the cockpit door before having a heart attack.

The door would lock automatically no point in having a unlocked cockpit door during a flight nowadays in an aircraft.

The door should be able to open from outside by a co-pilot code to get into cockpit, but this can be turned off from inside cockpit - source CNN news today.

That is correct, but from inside you can set that function in override, so codes from outside cannot be used, but you would normally only do that if you want to secure the cockpit completely.

I have a question that a pilot can answer, when do pilots engage the Autopilot, is that after reaching Cruising altitude or before ?

Normally shortly after takeoff, and they will normally keep it engaged until shortly before landing or until after landing. So the climb, cruise and descend will all be on autopilot.

End of

My apologies then. I thought you were saying pilots today liked the skills to do one. If you notice, I never said barrel rolls in a 320 as I was unsure if electronics could be disengaged sufficiently to get it inverted without intervention.

I am sure Airbus could disable ALL OF IT and then it could be fliwn completely manually then no worries but it's not something that can be done with one, by the pilot just turning stuff on and off.

There's a lot of computerised trickery in these

Modern aircrafts and occasionally they outsmart themselves.

Old golden rule of aviation is breached by this equipment.