Onyko Atmos

kevvy

Hi

Can some members please tell me where I can get the new Onyko Atmos receiver ,I live in Chiang Rai and their is not alot of places that sell them , and the one who does charges like a wounded bull.I have started my new home theatre room and need upgrades . I have Polk speakers and subwoofers already .

Thanks guys

Kevvy

You might want to wait a week or two before making a buying decision - if you want Atmos, you'll likely also want an AVR that can support the new DTS:X standard - which is due to be revealed this month.

You might want to wait a week or two before making a buying decision - if you want Atmos, you'll likely also want an AVR that can support the new DTS:X standard - which is due to be revealed this month.

Thanks I will wait as the dts x is a far superior product.That is if will be released soon DTS has been very tight lipped on the launch .

Thanks I will wait as the dts x is a far superior product.That is if will be released soon DTS has been very tight lipped on the launch .

And where are you getting your content?

There's already a few Atmos titles on bluray - but the majority of next-gen audio will come along with next-gen video when 4K blurays release later this year.

If buying a new AVR now, it definitely makes sense to insure it's going to be compat. with all the next-gen formats - DTS:X rounds out the list.

I'm not sure If they deliver to CM but I bought my Onkyo (tx) 1030 here http://www.piyanas.com. My unit cost around 65k but they have cheaper units if you only want 7.1 or 5,1 channel.

If you need ceiling speakers they can order the KEF Ci 200's for you if they don't have them in stock. BTW a lot of thai audiophiles are updating to altos so there has been a shortage of quality ceiling speakers available here. I ended up buying 3 locally and 3 on eBay. I used the global shipping program on eBay and they came right to the door no extra charges and no hassles.

As I said I will wait as there will be alot of new products out there . Atmos , Auro 3d and DTS-X..I like pioneer Elite products and still have my 60 inch kuro plasma, the picture is amazing even in today's standard. If I go with Pioneer I will get one from Australia .I will still keep my Mitsubishi hc9000d 3d projector.

Here is a list of some of the movies

http://www.dolby.com/us/en/experience/dolby-atmos/bluray-and-streaming.html

Edited by kevvy

As I said I will wait as there will be alot of new products out there . Atmos , Auro 3d and DTS-X..I like pioneer Elite products and still have my 60 inch kuro plasma, the picture is amazing even in today's standard. If I go with Pioneer I will get one from Australia .I will still keep my Mitsubishi hc9000d 3d projector.

Here is a list of some of the movies

http://www.dolby.com/us/en/experience/dolby-atmos/bluray-and-streaming.html

You'd arguably be better off (financially) buying in Hong Kong ;)

As for the Kuro, yep awesome screen. I was never able to find one here, so settled for the next best thing (Panasonic VT 65") - still an awesome panel even after 3 years. I have changed some of my other panels to LG 4K IPS sets, and while they're decent, they just can't match the VT for color accuracy and blacks.

• 1 month later...