Mosquito Zapper

Up2U

Although I have seen many mosquito slappers around (like small tennis rackets with muslin facing) the other day I saw someone with an electrified version.

Slap the little blighters with a normal bat and they will get up again. The zizz that went with the spark on the new, improved version makes me think that there will only be fried mozzie and the smell of burning left if I use the improved version.

The only problem is - WHERE DO I FIND THEM :o

Look like the mini-tennis-racket thingie, but probably have a battery inn the handle. (Or a rechargeable battery - plug in the mains at night, listen to them land on it - self-immolation :D )

Although I have seen many mosquito slappers around (like small tennis rackets with muslin facing) the other day I saw someone with an electrified version.

Slap the little blighters with a normal bat and they will get up again. The zizz that went with the spark on the new, improved version makes me think that there will only be fried mozzie and the smell of burning left if I use the improved version.

The only problem is - WHERE DO I FIND THEM :D

Look like the mini-tennis-racket thingie, but probably have a battery inn the handle. (Or a rechargeable battery - plug in the mains at night, listen to them land on it - self-immolation :D )

There used to be a store at MBK to sell those "fryer" rackets. At the floor where the food center is (I think it's the fifth one, one down from the cinema).

The shop is very closely located to that food center and sells all kinds of such more or less useful cheap items obviously mainly coming from China. The owner used to stand in front and swung those rackets around enjoying the buzz (obviously in an attempt not to kill little blood suckers but rather lure potential customers into a buy).

Make sure you do not hit MBK on a week-end and/or on any day after 4.00pm. It might be I start becoming senil or just don't get a kick out of overcrowded shopping places but that location has the magic to switch fruits easily by means of having guavas go bananas. :D

Good luck - and mosquitos beware! Nevertheless, don't expect too much support in respect of self-destruction from the little suckers. You may need to go for the swing rather than just dozing off. Have one of those mosquito griller lamps and starve in a sadistic manner to see a fry but those Thai bugs appear to have a sense to rather refrain from their part of the game. :o

Thanks - I'm going to BKK this weekend, so I'll give it a try. (My Thai wife will be with me, so the crowds will mean nothing :o ).

I'm not usually concerned about such things - I worked for ten years in Libya - called by the British Army 'the Land of Flies' and for very good reason. Never have I seen so many every single day. Even a thousand kilometres into the desert, you'd stop, open a sandwich, find ten flies hovering around.

But I am living near a lot of banana trees (bushes, whatever) and they attract mosquitoes like nothing else on earth.

I have one. Bought it from Carefour on Srinakarin Rd. Fantastic bit of kit.

I dare you, I just dare you to touch it. and give yourself a quick zap.

I did.

Once.

Never been the same since.

My wife zaps me for fun.

And then I punch her face in.....for fun. :o

swatting at mozzies with non-biodegradeable (LOOK, EVERYONE!!! TUTSI THE ENVIRONMENTALIST!!!) gadgets is inconvenient when one wants to sit outside in the evenings. Better to get a spray can of OFF! or one of the little mosquito repellent sachets and slather it around. No need to keep waving wands around in the air and both hands free for ingesting vile local cuisine as well...

Thanks for the help,folks. Picked up three at Tesco-Lotus between Bang Phli and Bang Na on Saturday. 59 baht each, plus batteries.

Work a treat - ou can hear the zizz, but not smell the frying.

Tutsi - out here everything is biodegradeable - the bugs will eat anything. And have you thought of passing some tom yam through the zapper - instant reheat. (And mozzie flavoured :o )

swatting at mozzies with non-biodegradeable (LOOK, EVERYONE!!! TUTSI THE ENVIRONMENTALIST!!!) gadgets is inconvenient when one wants to sit outside in the evenings. Better to get a spray can of OFF! or one of the little mosquito repellent sachets and slather it around. No need to keep waving wands around in the air and both hands free for ingesting vile local cuisine as well...

Tutsi, you are missing the point of the whole thing! The best part is watching the little suckers fry :o

If you don't want them to fry, (I've got one swatter and I use it ) then just use a product called "Raid Liquid plug in". Can't use it around babies though, says so on the package. Still better to kill the little suckers than for them to give you some kind of disease. :o Still can't figure out what all this stuff is about not killing them, especially since they kill so many of us. :D

PLUG!

I sell Citronella bath/shower soap, you may smell a bit lemony but those little b'stards will go elsewhere when they get a whiff of Citron.

Thai puyings tell me they love the smell..... velly fless. :o

Tutsi, you are missing the point of the whole thing! The best part is watching the little suckers fry

remember to turn off zappers, even if you dont push the red button, for a while they have voltage enough to fried also when you put it away, and if a mosquito hit the zappers it can still fried, make a small blue flame and make a fire. Thats why they not allowed in Europe. I tried to eksported them to Europe.

PLUG!

I sell Citronella bath/shower soap, you may smell a bit lemony but those little b'stards will go elsewhere when they get a whiff of Citron.

Thai puyings tell me they love the smell..... velly fless. :o

Sprayed some on the wife before we went to an evening event - open-air.

Hated the stuff. Big salop-salaye. Never again.

(Don't like the smell much, myself, either.

oil of citronella ...favored by loggers in SE Alaska where the mozzies are as big as hummingbirds. Take some and put it on your tin hat then pat it around on your rigging clothes...helps a little bit...

Do not ever put it on your skin...I made that mistake while working in Oregon and came out with a rash that took me to the hospital...big, bad rigging slinger layed low by smelly oil...

kevinN are you there?...what did you guys do in Ideyhoe about the skeeters in cooler conditions?

tutsi the mcCullogh ranger working off madill and skagit towers...west coast...

Do not ever put it on your skin...I made that mistake while working in Oregon and came out with a rash that took me to the hospital...big, bad rigging slinger layed low by smelly oil...

Only god knows what the Yanks put in their sprays. (agent orange?) The spray I have used on my skin is made by a Thai hospital, never had a skin problem with it. :o Mozzies hate it!

There are both battery operated versions "AA" and "C" cell and rechargeable units available. Highly recommend the rechargeable units (only have Chinese markings) as they easily kill flies/termites. Have not seen this type at Lotus yet. If you live at ground level a sweep around the outside windows at dusk will probably find you a lot of targets. :o