British tourist found dead on Phuket beach

Thaivisa News

Phuket:- A 68-year-old British tourist was found dead on Naiyang Beach in Phuket’s Thalang district Saturday morning, police said.

Pol Lt Watcharin Jirattikarnwiwat, an officer on duty of Thachatchai police station, said the body of Soh Simon Lian, was spotted by local people at 7:20 am.

Watcharin and Kusoltham Foundation’s rescuers rushed to the beach to inspect the body.

The man was found lying on his back. He was wearing a shirt with checker pattern in white and red and was wearing black trousers. He was also wearing canvas shoes. His body was almost covered by sand.

A wallet with a Bt1,000 note was found in one of his trouser pockets. The wallet also had some Malaysian bank notes. He also had a key of the Naiyan Sonwa Hotel.

A driving license and an identification card of a British citizen were also found in the wallet.

Watcharin said officials performed a preliminary check and did not find any trace of harm or wound on the Briton’s body. Officials believe he has died at least six hours before his body was found.

His body was sent to the Thalang Hospital for an autopsy.

Watcharin said officials thought the Briton had checked in to the hotel alone and came out to jog on the beach at night.

Officials believe the man suffered a heart attack while jogging and became unconscious and died. Then, the rising sea tide washed sand over his body before local fishermen spotted the body in the morning and alerted police.

I just skimmed the thai visa topics....Brit tourist dead on Phuket beach, Spanish tourist dead at waterfall, French tourist dead in Samui. I only skimmed there may be Pataya balcony jumper in there somewhere.

Poor Thailand. To be getting this kind of tourists and immigrants.

I just skimmed the thai visa topics....Brit tourist dead on Phuket beach, Spanish tourist dead at waterfall, French tourist dead in Samui. I only skimmed there may be Pataya balcony jumper in there somewhere.

Just spotted....Australian business man dead after condo fall bangkok....

I lot of visitors/tourists seem to die/accident/ killed/ suicide whilst in Thailand. Has anyone spent some time in Spain? Is this happening on a similar scale everywhere that has a lot of tourists and visitors?

There is a few in there from the Flying Squad in Pattaya

I lot of visitors/tourists seem to die/accident/ killed/ suicide whilst in Thailand. Has anyone spent some time in Spain? Is this happening on a similar scale everywhere that has a lot of tourists and visitors?

The balcony jumpers or better known as the Flying Squad in Pattaya also recently expanded as a National Farang sport to placed like Bkk and CM but my money is still on Pattaya as their very committed to this sport and practice regulary ???

Living in Thailand has it's draw backs.

....I seriously doubt that ......ANYONE.....' jogs on the beach at night '....

....and not in canvas shoes....

...and 1000 baht seems a little meagre....

I do? My shoes are sometimes canvas, and I always carry a few quid too! All very plausible in my opinion...although I am not 68? You may be onto something, smart guy...CSI, eat your heart out! Edited by Lancashireman

No way does other tourist destinations have the number of deaths like Thailand but its only suicides or natural deaths no .... ?