Chinese Tourists Critical after jumping off Baht Bus in Central Pattaya

webfact

Sounds to me more like he was so drunk he couldn't sit up, and had a friend trying to keep him upright, but he fell off the back seat rather than dove off. I wasn't there to witness it, but sounds far more probable.

Baht bus diving. I hope this doesnt catch on. Sad really as there are a pretty large number of Chinese, baht buses and bars in Pattaya. All the makings of the perfect storm. Hope he pulls through.

Thanks Nick, Its nice to hear someone with a heart!

He passed away, and I am sure he had a family. In China ---Pattaya would be like a Bulldog. Sad to see anyone die this way.

Sounds to me more like he was so drunk he couldn't sit up, and had a friend trying to keep him upright, but he fell off the back seat rather than dove off. I wasn't there to witness it, but sounds far more probable.

Sounds like you?

If you read the report, he was kicked off. He had a family. Show some respect.

Sounds like you?

I wasn't being disrespectful at all. I read what I saw on TVF site, and was trying to envisage a more probable scenario than someone jumping. If there was more on the original report then I didn't see it.

After all, this Chinese tourist is injured in Bar or in the bus ? Truth will never come out.....

Thailand will be in trouble, if Chinese tourists stopped coming to spend their money here.

Didn`t take long before the first idiot appear to bash Thailand..

well, ...one who defends without knowing the complete story is foolish or quilty of the same thing he accuses others of. yep thats childlike i know, but so true :-)

Only on Thai Visa can we get in a pi$$ing contest over a drunk tourist falling off a bus.

Is this really so hard to believe?

REALLY?

No, not hard to believe. Just look at many of the comments proffered to almost every other subject posted on TVF. Ripley's is running a close second.

• Like 1

After all, this Chinese tourist is injured in Bar or in the bus ? Truth will never come out.....

Thailand will be in trouble, if Chinese tourists stopped coming to spend their money here.

Didn`t take long before the first idiot appear to bash Thailand..

I would think it was perhaps a sarcastic comment about the Chinese?

English is not your first language? Or lacking in lateral thinking? whistling.gif

No. Wrong.

This is not sarcasm, and it seem it is you who lacks the ability to read and comprehend English.

Here it is:

(1) "After all, this Chinese tourist is injured in Bar or in the bus ?" This questions whether this person was hurt in a bar or on the bus. Now, we have his friend corroborating the bus story, but let's not let the facts get in the way of a dig at Thailand, shall we?

(2) "Truth will never come out....." What a sweet Thai Visa moment. First put forward the proposition of a "secret' and "hidden" event ... a bar fight where the "victim" was abused by ... you guessed it Thai People .. then the pure evil of the Thai conspiracy / cover up. Ummm ... where is the making fun of the Chinese drunk fool in this? This is Thai Visa Thai Bashing at its core, and it is getting old and boring for many of us.

(3) English is not your first language? Ditto sir ... ditto.

I merely posed a question. If you used HOTS then maybe you could also understand what I was alluding to.

So, settle back, settle down and try to enjoy a day without "bashings and conspiracy theories" getting up your nose whistling.gif

And thank you for answering on behalf of NextStationBangkok who is the only one who can confirm what he/she actually meant! coffee1.gif

As always, the standard of reporting here leaves a lot to be desired, but I guess its all pieces of the jigsaw puzzle.

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1427706109&section=

Witnesses told police the man had a heated argument with his girlfriend that night while he was drinking alcohol with a group of other Chinese tourists at a bar in Pattaya.

The group reportedly boarded a baht bus at the end of the night to take them to their hotel in South Pattaya, but the Chinese man suddenly jumped off the vehicle despite his friends’ attempts to stop him, police said.

I was on a ski lift as a kid (and adult), but as a kid, sober, I seriously considered jumping off RIGHT before the station drops you off. About a 10-foot drop. I didn't. I probably would have broken both my ankles....

I think we all think of dumb stuff.....just some of us do it...

Glad to see there are so many normal, social, drinkers on TV....that never did anything stupid while on a bender....where are all these "holier than thous"...coming from of late. Hope he recovers and learned something in the meantime.

• Like 1

"After all, this Chinese tourist is injured in Bar or in the bus ?" I think it's quite clear from the story and the evidence of his friend (not a policeman, not a soldier, not a bouncer at a bar. not a headman's son, not a security guard - his FRIEND) that was drunk, he had an argument with a "girlfriend" and tried 2 or 3 times to jump off the baht bus and finally succeeded. He was not injured in a Bar or indeed on the baht bus. Why do you try to fabricate a story to show things in the worst light possible?

"Truth will never come out." The only way you can see the truth was if it happens in front of your very eyes - a report from eyewitnesses would not satisfy you, and probably if someone swore on the Holy Bible, you would still cast doubt on the truth or otherwise of the explanation. Sometimes you do just have to believe the facts as told by someone else!

"Thailand will be in trouble, if Chinese tourists stopped coming to spend their money here." I won't even bother with a response to that, as it's been answered already, by people that are in a far better position than me to analyse the spending habits of the Chinese tourists.

Sounds like you?

Just where in the report does it say that he was "kicked off"? Seems like you are jumping the gun a bit by demanding respect! Chances are he did indeed have a family, and I don't think Shiver was showing disrespect, just putting forward a possible scenario for what actually happened. Personally, I tend to go with the friend's version, because he was actually there, and tried to prevent the accident from happening "several times" He may have fallen, he may have jumped, but I certainly don't think he was PUSHED! Here is the report for you both to read again, and note that the witness was not a soldier, a security guard, a bar owner, a bouncer, or a policeman that has been transferred to an inactive post, but a FRIEND who tried to prevent him from jumping off the back "several times". Any more of this and certain people will be shouting about "Conspiracy Theories"!

PATTAYA: -- A 25 year old Chinese Tourist is currently in a coma after he inexplicably jumped off the back of a travelling Baht Bus in Central Pattaya in the early hours of Monday.

Police and medics rushed to the scene and attended to Mr. We Illei, who was unconscious and appeared to have a serious head injury.

A friend of the victim told Police that they had been out together and both were intoxicated. They had earlier been involved in a fight with a woman inside a Bar in North Pattaya and it was decided that they should retreat to their Hotel in South Pattaya and hailed a Baht Bus to take them back to their place of residence.

The victim’s friend stopped Mr. Illei from jumping off the travelling Baht Bus a number of times until he actually fell off head-first onto the street on Pattaya 3rd Road in Central Pattaya.

Edited by sambum

Latest report as of this afternoon was that he is in a very critical condition in Bangkok Pattaya Hospital and police, the tour operators, his friends and other witnesses have all confirmed that he was the sole cause of his own injuries while very drunk at the time. Hope that ends the speculation.

• Like 1

Glad to see there are so many normal, social, drinkers on TV....that never did anything stupid while on a bender....where are all these "holier than thous"...coming from of late. Hope he recovers and learned something in the meantime.

I'd post about the times I've been blackout drunk in this town only to be saved by Thais, but this thread isnt about me. If this guy regains consciousness, he will undoubtedly be presented with a very large bill for ICU care from Bangkok-Pattaya Hospital assuming he is well enough to return home. The longer he stays, the larger that bill will become and his family will be liable for it : all for a moment of madness. As someone who undoubtedly meets the clinical definition of an alcoholic, albeit binge-drinking rather than every single day, I know the difference between being self-destructive and actually following through on various insane thoughts that might pop into one's head - this was less about being drunk and more about his state of mind. Alcohol simply loosens our inhibitions and nulls our self-preservation instincts, and on that happy note I'd like to get to the bars by midnight. Toodles.