Play golf during Songkran

norhawk

Earlier in the thread I mentioned SCC Old Course had tight fairways, set up for professionals and I think this may mislead the OP.

What I should have said that it has 'tightly mown fairways', compared with other courses such as Phoenix.

Many mid/high handicappers simply prefer some grass under the ball - if you follow. I know that I'm often happy if the ball has trickled into the first cut of rough. Sad, but true.

Otherwise, I agree with TopT that the real problems can be around the green, where it's quite easy to go from bunker to bunker.

After doing some more research, i see that its difficult to get a tee time at Siam Old Course.

So, i´m looking for alternatives to Siam.

Also got an offer, one round on Burapha and one on Laem Chabang - incl. caddy, cart, green fee and transport for 8600.

Otherwise, I agree with TopT that the real problems can be around the green, where it's quite easy to go from bunker to bunker.

Bunker to bunker, i know that biggrin.png

Did that in Abu Dhabi, with the course maintance crew as spectators, i had a good laugh, bet they had that too biggrin.pngbiggrin.png

After doing some more research, i see that its difficult to get a tee time at Siam Old Course.

So, i´m looking for alternatives to Siam.

Also got an offer, one round on Burapha and one on Laem Chabang - incl. caddy, cart, green fee and transport for 8600.

. That looks expensive. Certainly Burapha should be available much cheaper than half of that price. Check out the link to Pattaya golf rates which will give you green fees and discounts on Sports Days etc. note that St Andrews and Rayong Green Valley are closed 16-17 Edited by bkkbarnstormer

If i book tee time directly with the golf course, will they also have transport service?

Or, will taxi be the best and cheapest way of transport?

You probably already have the answer but the courses won't organise transport. Booking a taxi for the round trip will cost anything from 1200 - 2500 depending on the course. Another option is to hire a car for a few days but maybe not such a good idea if you do not know the area especially over Songkran.

Last option (and cheapest) is to play with one of the bars (lists and details on the PSC web site) - but then you are tied into their transport, timings and courses.

Don't leave us in suspense. What did you end up doing?

Given the weather the last two days he's probably decided to play dominoes down the local bar!.

On a serious side, if you take Siam CC and you pay, say,5000 baht all in, and you play the first hole and the heaven's open, then that's it!. No refund.

That is why I think they get a number of cancellations from groups, in say, Bangkok who don't want to risk coming all this way and being rained off. Bit of a lottery at the moment.