New TRUE Online Censorship?

Frank78

Weirdest thing ever just happened: since 3 days, my true online internet bandwidth perfect during 1 year has been divided by a factor of 10; with peaks at the old speed time to time.

Of course according to True in Bangkok, my line is "perfect". Waiting for the technician to have a fun chat with him.

BUT today, I wasn't able to download from the newsgroups or using usenet protocol anymore. To download totally legit things and files of course.

After checking every possibility during 3 hours I've realised they closed the port 119 and some others. 119 being the default port for many Usenet providers.

Did anyone else noticed that?

Needless to say if it's real, not only this act is a breach in contrfact (not that I want to leave True, just to say it's illegal to do so), and it's a really really REALLY stupid and counter-productive idea: If they do that with the idea to prevent people to download movies or music, and gain bandwidth despite their customers has paid for the full deal, they will soon cry tears of blood when people will begin to use torrents instead, or streaming videos that will cost to them a lot more.

So if suddenly you can't use these protocols, don't look somewhere else and be kind enough to report that here please.

I was talking to an industry professional over the weekend and he said that True has the smartest technicians but they spend all their time working out ways for the company to screw home users out of bandwidth and allocate it to business users. He said the best system is TOT if you can work your way around a router as the technicians are so lazy that they don't bother to try to maximize profitability, block access or throttle particular sites.

• Like 1

Similar problems, can't access my website, emails or various other run of the mill websites via trueinternet. If I try via a free VPN or via my phone and AIS I can.

This has been a re-occurring problem for some time now.

Edited by RLM2008
  • Like 1

Hey rl. Thanks for the report. To me the closed port problem appeared yesterday. True told me today they had to close the ports for some reasons resulting from bad weather (!!!). And numerous people are complaining about it...