Moving from a condo to a suburban village - advice please

Hope you don't mind the sweet sound of 100 roosters and temple loud speakers at 6 in the morning!

Or the p/ups with Loudspeakers starting at 5am, or they honk their horns to sell their wares, inwould like to murder them...

You'd have to accept more noise if you're moving to a village. Thai neighbors will wake up early and music and loud noises could be a part of your daily life. If you need a fast internet line, make sure you find another ISP than TOT.

BKK to a village - quite a leap ... Why you need to live in a village where security might be on the low side and neighbors could keep you awake most hours of the night ? You could get a very nice house or condo incl. internet, Gym etc. for 20k in Chiang Mai

20,000 baht a month!!! ???

in the villages just outside of Chiang Mai you can rent a beautiful Thai Mansion for 10,000 baht a month!!!

I would say that anybody paying 20,000 baht a month in rent in this " Third world Country " is being completely ripped off !!!

F.J wub.png ( kisses to you all viewers... x )

Please, tell us the names of some of these villages around CM where you can rent a "Thai mansion" for 10,000 baht per month...

Come along viewers try and get your act together.This is not some April Fools gag...There are plenty of cheap properties for rent but you have to get out there into Thai areas (no farang about ) i have found some lovely little deals but they are never advertised.We found a lovely Thai Mansion 10 km outside Chiang Mai with a huge pond and orchard with private gardiner,i even relaxed on the front lawn sipping tea (and generally feeling rather important...) and all for just a cool 10,000 baht a month! you see viewers i don't think some of you actually get out there and " sniff out a deal ".....Farang Jaidee reporting

• Like 1

To get all that.. Just find another condominium to rent in your existing complex.. Sorted!

I believe he was asking about a house, etc. and not another condo. Sorting is best left to the collector of information and not he deliverer.

Silence is golden when you can't think of a good answer.

Muhammad Ali

You are correct. BUT he was also worried about certain things. So I suggested the easiest option. If he is happy at his condominium and the only reason he is leaving is the owner is selling. Then finding another condo in the same complex makes sense... Sometimes you have to read BETWEEN the lines!

• Like 1

You'd have to accept more noise if you're moving to a village. Thai neighbors will wake up early and music and loud noises could be a part of your daily life. If you need a fast internet line, make sure you find another ISP than TOT.

not in a gated community. Usually quieter than a condo. But less central, ie more difficult to get around without a car

There are a large number of estates in the Samut Prakarn area off of Thepperak Road and you will find a good big 200 sq m. unfurnished house to rent from around 6,000 baht a month up. If you visit the estates you'll see houses for rent and a visit to the estate office can be a wise move too regarding information as to what may be available for rent.

Good internet connection are no problem true and BBB and a level of security that is fine, as suggested it is a wise move to check out the area you like at varying times lf the day first-you will though if you make both the move and the integration find a very pleasnt life style if you are willing to adapt a bit.

School wise thee is a Sarasas School as well as the Singapore International School, St.Josephs Thepeark as well as St Josephs bang-Na a couple of decent government schools too there are also a couple of private Thai schools which seem to have a decent reputation

As an aside the are is very near to Foodland on Srinakarin road, Paradise and Seacon Square plus Imperial Samrong also Mega Bang-Na and well served by local Lotus Tesco and Big C. both supermarket and mini store sizes.Local markets are good too.

if you have your own transport good,the nearest bus service is on Srinakarin road Thepperak junction, pretty good service from there onward into BKK. The the Sky Train is available just a short way down from Samromg served by the greater majority of the local song tao's services which in the main are very efficient, taxi's are plentiful M/C or four wheels. Generally traffic flow in the area is good with minimal holdups.

We live in the area and we also have our farm and house in Surin that is total rural living, however coming from a farming family and still having farming interests in the U.K. as well as here country life is just as easy for me or I should say us as is living in surbubia

Edited by siampolee

I would recommend a large moo baan called 'Sammakorn' in the Saphan Sung district off Ramkhamheng Rd in the eastern part of BKK.

There should be plenty of houses for 20k a month, although some are quite old.

Lots of facilities - shops, restaurants, supermarkets. Get a scooter or a bicycle and you have a great location to live - there are a number of small lakes, very green area. Travel into central BKK is a bit of a pain (1-2 hrs by car depending on traffic) but you would not need to do that often as everything you want is on your doorstep.

Edited by teatree