Need To Renew My Non Immigration Visa

I am an American citizen 42 years old, obtained my "non-Immigration O" through the Thai consulate in U.S.

I am not married nor do I plan to do so, however I have a child here in thailand with both Thai and U.S. citizenship. I will support my child ( also by proxy my childs mother) and am hoping to obtain an extension on that basis.

I was told I must be married to have a non Immigration -O in the first place but I have one and I am certainly not married ( I am allergic to marriage) and I've got to renew my visa in the next 3 weeks. My retirement pay from U.S. military is in excess of 100,000 baht per month. Most of my net worth was "appropriated" by my EX-wife and I do not have much cash in the bank. What are my options. All help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I am an American citizen 42 years old, obtained my "non-Immigration O" through the Thai consulate in U.S.

I am not married nor do I plan to do so, however I have a child here in thailand with both Thai and U.S. citizenship. I will support my child ( also by proxy my childs mother) and am hoping to obtain an extension on that basis.

I was told I must be married to have a non Immigration -O in the first place but I have one and I am certainly not married ( I am allergic to marriage) and I've got to renew my visa in the next 3 weeks. My retirement pay from U.S. military is in excess of 100,000 baht per month. Most of my net worth was "appropriated" by my EX-wife and I do not have much cash in the bank. What are my options. All help would be appreciated.

Thanks

You are eligible to get a one year extension each year on the basis of caring for your son. Your income duly notarized by your Embassy is more than adequate to qualify for the extension. Instead of going to renew the Non-Imm visa, go on in to Immigration and discuss your case with them. You should be able to extend the present visa provided you have proof of parenthood etc.

Hi Dr. , what documents do the Oz embassy require RE income eg ATO, letter from employer, bank transfer statements?

Thanks Pete

if you are married to a Thai or have a Thai child, you need to have an income or a combination of annual income and savings amounting to 200,000 baht ( up until July 04 ... it rises to 400,000 thereafter for new applicants. Your Embassy needs to confirm your income, and a current letter from a bank in Thailand confirming your balance needs to be provided to Immigration. I am assuming that you have a Non-Immigrant visa now.

Thanks Dr, do you know what the embassy requires to confirm your income? eg Australian. No worries about visa just the requirements for the monthly income by the australian embassy. Purchased a ute the other day so bank account a tad short of the 200k at present.

ta pete

Thanks Dr, do you know what the embassy requires to confirm your income? eg Australian. No worries about visa just the requirements for the monthly income by the australian embassy. Purchased a ute the other day so bank account a tad short of the 200k at present.

ta pete

A letter from your employer might suffice. It should say how long you have been employed etc. Remember that the present requirement is 200,000 bahy which can be made up of all cash, or a combination of cash and income, or all income. But don't delay.

Thanks everyone

I am now armed with a statement notorized by the U.S. consulate confirming my pension, attached is a copy of my annual pension statement, birth certificate of my child, a dose of patience and hopefully all will be OK when I go to Immigration to extend my Visa...I soon will see.

• 2 weeks later...

I've using Mr.Muthu's service for a few times. He was recommended to my friend. Well, he is quite trustable and so far I heard, honest. Contact my email if you want any details. I think cmboy might give you details too. I think muthu's number is +60164729991.

Hope you are succesful on getting a visa.

Thanks kemikelx

I will note mr Muthu's phone #, but try it on my own first

I hope I will have everything I need to get my visa extended my current entry stamp does not expire until the 1st of June which means I cannot apply until the 1st of May so I still have a couple of weeks before i can get a letter from the bank (within a week or so of my application) to add all my other documents and then go for it.

Interestingly I was told I should have proof of my pension as well as proof of 200,000+ baht in the bank, was told "the more the better" . I am aware that the "official rules" require only one or the other, but It all depends on who you talk to, what side of the bed they woke up on that day, and whatever other whims they may have.

Thanks kemikelx

I will note mr Muthu's phone #, but try it on my own first

I hope I will have everything I need to get my visa extended my current entry stamp does not expire until the 1st of June which means I cannot apply until the 1st of May so I still have a couple of weeks before i can get a letter from the bank (within a week or so of my application) to add all my other documents and then go for it.

Interestingly I was told I should have proof of my pension as well as proof of 200,000+ baht in the bank, was told "the more the better" . I am aware that the "official rules" require only one or the other, but It all depends on who you talk to, what side of the bed they woke up on that day, and whatever other whims they may have.

If this Muthu is a visa agent ... for God's sake DO NOT USE HIM unless you fancy deportation as an outcome.

I assume you can prove your paternity to the child?

Just go to the local Immigfarion office where you live, with the birth certificate, showing that you are the father plus evidence of 200K in the bank.

Check the general list for mothers id card, household papers for the child etc, as you will need these.

You should have no need to leave the country.

Lost Passport Equals Lost Work Visa

What do I do? May I obtain a replacement Work Visa in Bangkok? Or, must I go outside of the Bangkok somewhere and reapply all over again?

I lost my Irish passport while in Singapore. My passport was immediately replaced within 24 hours by the Irish embassy in Singapore. I have, as proof of the loss, the Singapore Police Report, the Singapore Immigrations and Customs report, and a letter from the Irish embassy. I have a photocopy of my old passport, and a photocopy of my Thai Work Visa (Non Immigrant B Multiple Entry) that was issued at the Thai Embassy in London in January of this year and that was of course glued inside my lost passport.

Should I . . .

a.)Take all documents to Thai Immigrations in Bangkok, and try to explain, or

b.)Should I wait for my next business trip to Kuala Lumpur or Singapore (within 30 days) and present a new application at a Thai Embassy? These close-by Thai embassies here in Asia have a reputation for not always granting a work visa, even when a proper letter on official company letterhead is tendered (of course, I can show them copies of my lost Work Visa), or

c.)Do you reckon that I am going to have to fly back to London and just apply all over again?

Constructive comments would be much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

I assume you have a work permit, so that will have all the records attached to it.

Suan Plu should be able to sort you out.

Dr P-P raises a good point about keeping photocopies of all important documents

like passport, visa, work permit, etc

Could someone point me in the direction of official information on required amounts in bank account and/or income?

I was told by immigration today that even though I have applied for the in country extension of my non O by reason of marriage to a Thai, the application submitted in January and approved today, my next application will not be the 200,000 and 20,000 income but 400,000 and 40,000. The immigration officer at Chiang Mai stated all visa extensions after July will be at the new rate, regardless of past costs.

same here. just applied for my anual extension at Suan Plu and was told this year no problem but next year I will have to show more income and/or bank deposit.

so much for the "grandfathering" rumour.

opalhort

• 2 weeks later...

My Visa extension was rejected today

I went to Thai Immigration here in Chiang mai with the following

-Pension statement notarized by the consulate, showing a monthly income in excess of 100,000 baht per month.

- bank book and letter from the bank showing a balance in excess of 400,000 baht

- my daughter's birth certificate proving I am indeed her father

I was asked several times to show proof of marriage which I was unable to produce as I am not married but applying for an extension based on support of my Thai national child.

I was told I required a document stating I am required by the court to support my child. Because" In Thailand the mother is the only one recognized as suporting the child unless the courts say otherwise" however when I went to the Ampur to apply for said document I was told I should be married to get it.......kinda defeats the purpose of getting an extension based on supporting a child with Thai citizenship. Also raises the question of "dead beat dads" the system seems to encourage them... I however am totally committed to the well being of my daughter regardless of anything.

So now I am back to the 30 day visa runs.

Oh well Mai Pen Rai...let them rain on my parade....I like the rain as well as the sun

My Visa extension was rejected today

If you are 50 or close why not try for a retirement visa? The child support seems to be a target; it is often viewed as suspect because you do not need to be here to provide support.

Lopburi3

You are correct i do not need to be here to "financially" suport my child however I would like to be a part of her life and would like to continue living here....by the way I am 42 years old so retirement visa won't work.

by the way I am 42 years old so retirement visa won't work

Sorry. Didn't see page one of the thread today and memory not that good. I would go back to immigration with what you were told by District Office and try again; including the offer to use retirement if they could bend the years a bit. As long as you are polite and calm there is nothing to lose and if your situation changes (they say they can't issue such a document) their answer could change. Another thing that I would try to do is to have the mother with you to confirm your account of support.

I may return to immigration with mother and child, but now I am frustrated and resigned to becoming a frequent visa runner once again, at least I can incorporate trips to new places with my visa runs.

This hurts the savings though....although I am already retired I am saving for a better retirement in the future.

Perhaps someone on this Forum has obtained a document of child support from another Ampur in Thailand. One that recognizes that children can be born without the parents having a marriage certificate.