Thai Tourist Police crack down on 'the colored'

webfact

More good news. You guys can play the racism card all you want, fortunately Thais and Thailand could not care less about such matters. Fact is the vast majority of drug dealers etc. in the mentioned area are black, hence it makes lots of sense to go after black people.

As a sidenote, most of the mentioned black people in that area are here illegally as well, which I am sure the police will find out once they check their passports and missing workpermits.

I think you'll find the majority of drug dealers here in Thailand are Thai.

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They should do for everyone, why to profile based on the color.

If race is motive, look like Thai police needs a color blind test first!

A little walk in the neighborhood in question might answer some of your questions??

Do you also find it offensive that people dressed like jihadists are targeted by airport security??

Pray tell: how do "jihadists" dress?

And to answer your question: yes, I find that offensive!

Just go walk around these areas and keep a score (the teams being Africans vs. non-Africans) on your phone every time you are offered drugs, then publish the result.

Just go on the same street and keep a score on your phone everytime you see a drunk or everytime you see someone under the influence of drug...then i think it would be time to arrest tonight all the farangs in this street

Forget about the skin thing.

These guys have crossed the line and just don't know when to back off.

They are getting too cocky and now the locals have to go in and clean them out.

I've always said that Thais work better with a shovel than a spade.

Touch of the Jeremy Clarksons there is there?

More good news. You guys can play the racism card all you want, fortunately Thais and Thailand could not care less about such matters. Fact is the vast majority of drug dealers etc. in the mentioned area are black, hence it makes lots of sense to go after black people.

As a sidenote, most of the mentioned black people in that area are here illegally as well, which I am sure the police will find out once they check their passports and missing workpermits.

I think that would equate to say... Nigerians are the biggest drug dealers in Nigeria.

Edited by Local Drunk

I think that would equate to say... Nigerians are the biggest drug dealers in Nigeria.

Just let me a comparison would you :

More good news. You guys can play the racism card all you want, fortunately Thais and Thailand could not care less about such matters. Fact is the vast majority of drunk and rapists etc. in the mentioned area are white, hence it makes lots of sense to go after white people.

As a sidenote, most of the mentioned white people in that area are here illegally as well, which I am sure the police will find out once they check their passports and missing workpermits.

You wouldn t have any problem to be send to the police station for a few hours time to time because your fellow behave badly, would you?

detaining 72 clearly guilty of having black skin for drug tests.

'coloured' people?

who writes this stuff? they are not a journalist that's for sure.

who edited this piece? no professional editor would allow this to print.

You're being rather silly. "Colored people" is a quote from the police, presumably translated from the Thai. How do you know if the translation is wrong? It's not a matter of whether you like the word or not, it's a matter of what the police said.

As to "clearly guilty of having black skin", wake up! This is Coconuts being sarcastic!

A little walk in the neighborhood in question might answer some of your questions??

Do you also find it offensive that people dressed like jihadists are targeted by airport security??

Pray tell: how do "jihadists" dress?

And to answer your question: yes, I find that offensive!

Remember this guys outrage over he was on a non fly list out of BKK?

Is racial profiling pleasant? No. Is racial profiling efficient? Probably not. But it is one of the tools airport security have to work with to make you and me feel safer!!

post-218648-0-68166200-1427879708_thumb.

Just go walk around these areas and keep a score (the teams being Africans vs. non-Africans) on your phone every time you are offered drugs, then publish the result.

Just go on the same street and keep a score on your phone everytime you see a drunk or everytime you see someone under the influence of drug...then i think it would be time to arrest tonight all the farangs in this street

Is it illegal to be drunk?

Spin it all you want. The majority of black's hanging out along this stretch of Bangkok are up to no good. The police know it and seemingly most of the posters who have frequented the area know it!

The Bangkok police doing their job... For once!

"The foreign criminals come in many forms, and the target for us tonight is colored people"

Wow! Back home the good colonel's career would have been over in less time than it took him to utter that sentence. Just saying...

What word would you prefer?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I am not saying, "Not arrest the Nigerians", they should test all foreigners in the street and lockup the one shows test positive. I also don't care majority is Nigerian or not, why only they pick test on people looking black!

Similar to the Human rights indicate the illegal migrant labors in the boat, Human Rights will take up this case. This news is just the best piece of the Thai racism towards not white tourists. If they think they are here illegally, why they give visa in first place ? Thai police wanted money from them, but not Nigerians. What if Japan stamps Thais as unruly crowd and illegal workers and rounding them up in Japan and bring them to detention centers for clarifications ?

I hope world will change.

Just let me a comparison would you :

More good news. You guys can play the racism card all you want, fortunately Thais and Thailand could not care less about such matters. Fact is the vast majority of drunk and rapists etc. in the mentioned area are white, hence it makes lots of sense to go after white people.

As a sidenote, most of the mentioned white people in that area are here illegally as well, which I am sure the police will find out once they check their passports and missing workpermits.

You wouldn t have any problem to be send to the police station for a few hours time to time because your fellow behave badly, would you?

"white people" I'm deeply offended by your remarks... How dare you call another human being "white." You can't call me white! This political correctness is so ridiculous.

I was quite annoyed when I had to take a "Thai Culture" course to continue teaching. Thank God these journalists have to take a "1960s BBC Culture" course.

1. I don't mind Ni_ No_s as long as they:

a. Move out of my way.

b. Go to the back of the queue.

c. Move into my neighbourhood.

I know there are problems. I just object to the word "coloured". Why not call us what we are? (insert own pejorative here).

I hope that all of you liberals will acknowledge the fact that 'profiling' is a legitimate and effective tactic for narrowing the field in the hunt for criminals. It is, despite the liberal outcry, nothing more than a description of those who have been seen committing a particular crime. Rounding up black people in an area of drug sales is no different than would be rounding up "sexy" women in an area know for prostitution; or rounding up "white skinned foreigners of about 6' tall and 180 - 200 pounds" when a man of such description was seen assaulting a woman; or being a bit more intense in checking body and baggage of Middle Eastern people in an airport, as someone referred to earlier. All of those things, and any other general description of a group of people by appearance and/or behavior, is 'profiling"; and it is a significant aid in identifying and apprehending criminals.

This becomes a problem ONLY when authorities are abusive in their treatment of people who cooperate during detention and questioning. A "good citizen" , who is innocent of any crime, should cooperate with authorities. In the great percentage of cases, respect will be met with respect, and the innocent person will simply lose a bit of time. And in those cases, a "good citizen" should recognize that the authorities are doing their best to protect him and others from being abused by criminals. This is true here. It is true in the USA. It is true all over the world.

"Profiling" is NOT a dirty word; nor is it racism; nor is it a bad practice for principled police. Fighting against it is providing support for those who wish to feed off of, or destroy society.

OK, liberals. Take your shots!

OK the drug dealers just happen to be black, mostly from Africa. They have the same problem in Italy, last time I was there. Shouldn't paint all Africans with a broad brush, but it is what it is.

Driving past in taxis I've had taxi drivers make remarks about the somewhat coloured people which forum rules prevent me from repeating here.

Is it illegal to be drunk?

Spin it all you want. The majority of black's hanging out along this stretch of Bangkok are up to no good. The police know it and seemingly most of the posters who have frequented the area know it!

The Bangkok police doing their job... For once!

Even if the majority is no good, there is no need to do a a blind enforcement..

Most of the farangs in sukhumvit are not good, yet most of them use the services of prostitues which is illegal in Thailand, how would you react even if 90% of the white people were bad and you get arrested while you stood there just partying or having a chilling time with friend.

It s so easy to catch the dealers in this street that they may use a foreigner to catch themm.

The bangkok police don t do their job, they were asked to do it, it will start again tonight or tomorrow night and you know why? because the suppliers won t be arrested, and you know why? because the cops have a share of this deal...

But justify your racism as you want, you re a foreigner here too after all, just don t be in the next selection of the police

"The foreign criminals come in many forms, and the target for us tonight is colored people"

Wow! Back home the good colonel's career would have been over in less time than it took him to utter that sentence. Just saying...

and thats where " back home" went wrong in many cases, like someone said , how many white Nigerians are down there!

But not in that location, where the majority are plainly African, as confirmed by many posts here. This is clearly a justified use of "racial profiling". PC protests in this thread about racial victimisation are simply out of place, i.e. indignation transplanted from home country situations which are not relevant in this case.

Didn't take long for someone to use the race card.

They have every right to target the Africans. They hardly come here to open legit businesses.

How do you know that "they" (black people? Africans who speak a multitude of languages and come from a wide variety of cultures?) don't come here to open a legit business? I don't encounter many black or African people in BKK but I know a Kenyan who runs a legitimate business in Bangkok.

But if we think that Thailand is racist, check out Laos. They have a policy of refusing visa at the border to any person bearing any African passport. They have to apply for a visa in BKK and wait about a week.

This started from the number of Nigerian criminals who were running their enterprises in Vientiane and causing a lot of trouble. Response - make it difficult for all Africans.

How can someone be clearly guilty of having black skin. I didn't know being a black person was a crime.

I get called an Alien by immigration and a Farang by Thais you think that's ok? As for that area Soi 3 to 13,that is where the Black skin men sell dugs all the time . I even got asked in Foodland by one of them on soi5. If there not dealing there scamming one way or another in that location that is why the Bib did a raid and it's not the first time. Most of them are Nigerian and are bad to the bone.

Ladyboys get rounded up on beach road for doing nothing other than being on beach road, and people have no problem with that as they are all criminals!

Blacks get rounded up for nothing other than being black and everybody screams racist. Yet I do wonder how many legit black people are walking the streets of lower Sukhumvit at night.

I hope that all of you liberals will acknowledge the fact that 'profiling' is a legitimate and effective tactic for narrowing the field in the hunt for criminals. It is, despite the liberal outcry, nothing more than a description of those who have been seen committing a particular crime. Rounding up black people in an area of drug sales is no different than would be rounding up "sexy" women in an area know for prostitution; or rounding up "white skinned foreigners of about 6' tall and 180 - 200 pounds" when a man of such description was seen assaulting a woman; or being a bit more intense in checking body and baggage of Middle Eastern people in an airport, as someone referred to earlier. All of those things, and any other general description of a group of people by appearance and/or behavior, is 'profiling"; and it is a significant aid in identifying and apprehending criminals.

This becomes a problem ONLY when authorities are abusive in their treatment of people who cooperate during detention and questioning. A "good citizen" , who is innocent of any crime, should cooperate with authorities. In the great percentage of cases, respect will be met with respect, and the innocent person will simply lose a bit of time. And in those cases, a "good citizen" should recognize that the authorities are doing their best to protect him and others from being abused by criminals. This is true here. It is true in the USA. It is true all over the world.

"Profiling" is NOT a dirty word; nor is it racism; nor is it a bad practice for principled police. Fighting against it is providing support for those who wish to feed off of, or destroy society.

OK, liberals. Take your shots!

Profiling is not a dirty word, arresting all the people in a place indiscriminatly because of their color is not profiling...

If you re a cop and profile suspect by their skin color only, you re a f.*ing bad cop i bet...

I encountered few nice guys from US but as Bush is a moron i m profiling all US citizen as moron.

It s the same for North Korea, i profile all korean, and more generally all asian as mean people who only want to abuse other ones.

I m profiling than all white people are sex tourists in Sukhumvit...

Which profile are you

On a side note :

keep in mind your "good citizen stuff" it will become handy when Prayout will enforce his power, you obviously won 't need any rectification program...

Edited by aaacorp

Forget about the skin thing.

These guys have crossed the line and just don't know when to back off.

They are getting too cocky and now the locals have to go in and clean them out.

I've always said that Thais work better with a shovel than a spade.

Clarkson would be proud of you

First they came for.................. then..................fill in the blanks little kkk boys. You are farang and you are not liked by the current ruler. tick tock, tick tock. Better pay attention, YOU are the minority here and most of you have no experience in being the minority, it isn't fun.