Thai Tourist Police crack down on 'the colored'

webfact

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The foreign criminals come in many forms, and the target for us tonight is colored people," police Lt. Col. Bawornpop Sutornreka said at a news conference.

Nice sensitive policing, Pol Lt Col Bawornpop. Maybe when you decide to spend some of your hard earned police salary on a holiday to a farang country the cops there will decide to round up dark skinned folk like you one night. LOL.

Edited by Dogmatix

This becomes a problem ONLY when authorities are abusive in their treatment of people who cooperate during detention and questioning. A "good citizen" , who is innocent of any crime, should cooperate with authorities. In the great percentage of cases, respect will be met with respect, and the innocent person will simply lose a bit of time.

Like the Jews in Nazi Germany? Ever heard of the phrase "innocent until proven guilty"? A good citizen must stand up for his rights, resist abuse of power, which is what this is, and remind everyone that the onus of proof is on the person making the claim or allegation. Unless the police had specific information about each of these men, I am deeply offended by this, being colored myself. Not only have they lost a "bit of time", but have been paraded in front of TV cameras, almost certainly without their consent, before even being found guilty. And why should anyone lose a bit of time? That's harassment and it's exactly this type of thinking that leads to discrimination and all kinds of prejudiced views in society. You have very dangerous views. When it comes to individual rights and freedoms, the means matter just as much as the ends.

OK the drug dealers just happen to be black, mostly from Africa. They have the same problem in Italy, last time I was there. Shouldn't paint all Africans with a broad brush, but it is what it is.

Okay, it may be so- but is rounding them up randomly the right way to address it? As suggested by a previous poster, there are so many ways they could have done this better, for e.g. by sending decoy buyers and so forth. Based on a rational, evidence based process. But rounding them up like this and making such a spectacle of it is horrible. Even if 99% of them are guilty, how would you feel if you were the 1 man that was not? Or are the rights and basic human dignity of one or a few not important enough?

Edited by themechanic

When will Thailand learn that anyone can be guilty of a "crime" race colour religion should not come into it - if they believe that start from the top of the thai police and work your way down - bet much more crime there!!

Remember 2 months ago, when that evening's the target was 'Middle Eastern looking people'? If you remember, it was clearly a distraction from RTP being called out internationally for shaking down white tourists for pee tests.

They first raided a number of businesses, saying they were sure 'middle easterners' were forging passports and involved in terrorism (they stated it as fact). And after raiding those businesses, they turned up zero evidence of any wrong doing. The police still called them terrorists to the press the next day, out of embarrassment. But there was no indication of any wrong doing at all.

So then, to save face, they simply rounded up all 'Middle Eastern looking people' from the street. Anyone walking while Middle Eastern looking was rounded up. And what was the big haul for all that theater? 3 guys on overstay, who were then paraded around as if some kind of international ring had been busted. They wouldn't even release the details of how long their overstay was - a year? a month? 24 hours?

TV exploded that week with toxic anti-Muslim vitriol, as an excuse for why it was necessary. And all of it was just a theatrical distraction to save face, anyway.

Edited by No Apologist

Excellent..........and about time too.

It's no secret what the Blacks here get up to re Drugs.

It's not Rascist it's simply a fact.

We all know what english people do in the same soi : they take drugs and go with prostitutes...it s not racism, it s fact...

You have evidence of this?

You are suggesting that only English people are purchasing drugs on this area, and/or using the services of sex workers.

Do you have evidence to back up your "facts"?

Or are you just another bigot spouting <deleted>?

Oh you fall for it that s wonderful!

Now this sound racist but the "we all know the black sell drugs in this area" is not !

You made my day

We all know what english people do in the same soi : they take drugs and go with prostitutes...it s not racism, it s fact...

You are suggesting that only English people are purchasing drugs on this area, and/or using the services of sex workers.

Now you're being just plain stupid, there is nothing in aaacorp's comment that suggests "only" English people, this is simply you making things up to be argumentative. FAIL.

"The foreign criminals come in many forms, and the target for us tonight is colored people"

Wow! Back home the good colonel's career would have been over in less time than it took him to utter that sentence. Just saying...

What word would you prefer?

I was merely making an observation. If you don't believe me, just ask any of my friends in US law enforcement.

"The foreign criminals come in many forms, and the target for us tonight is colored people"

Wow! Back home the good colonel's career would have been over in less time than it took him to utter that sentence. Just saying...

What word would you prefer?

I was merely making an observation. If you don't believe me, just ask any of my friends in US law enforcement.

What's the area code for Furguson?

I don't see what all the political correctness or incorrectness has anything to do with this. If the police had knowledge of coloured people selling drugs etc in the area it wouldn't make much sense taking white people into be checked out. Sometimes we are a little too touchy and forget about reality.

I have friends in this area that have been offered drugs from coloured people. Well done to the police for eventually doing something about it.

I don't see what all the political correctness or incorrectness has anything to do with this. If the police had knowledge of coloured people selling drugs etc in the area it wouldn't make much sense taking white people into be checked out. Sometimes we are a little too touchy and forget about reality.

I have friends in this area that have been offered drugs from coloured people. Well done to the police for eventually doing something about it.

Are you not aware that just a few months ago it was white Europeans who they said were 'drug mules', and were stopping tourists for pee tests on the street and shaking them down for cash? One perfectly normal British couple were stopped twice their first day in Thailand, and pee tested in the street and threatened for no reason. That and many stories. And it was extortion, not an effort to clean up anything. It made enough international headlines finally that they chilled out, and then targeted middle-eastern people instead.

Edited by No Apologist

Everyone in BKK knows that if they need some Charlie Sheen they need to see one of our Nigerian brothers. Not only down on Pratunam and Sukhumwit but anywhere in town. They even deliver, 555. Some high up cops must be making a large profit from this or else it wouldn't even be happening

They should do for everyone, why to profile based on the color.

If race is motive, look like Thai police needs a color blind test first!

Didn't take long for someone to use the race card.

They have every right to target the Africans. They hardly come here to open legit businesses.

And you know this how?

Perhaps he knows it the same way not all Muslims are terrorists, but the majority of terrorists are Muslims. Leads to racial profiling. In all the years I have lived in Thailand, I have met zero Nigerian tourists. I have been approached by many Nigerian con men or drug dealers or pimps.

How about them arresting the dealers and not rounding up every black person on sight. You would be throwing your toys out of the pram and screaming if they decided to round up every white fat middle aged person in an area

Oh you fall for it that s wonderful!

Now this sound racist but the "we all know the black sell drugs in this area" is not !

You made my day

Your racists comments just went back to your face mate...

Fact : english people drinks a lot, in Soi 11, soi 13, soi 33 i saw many many english people getting drunks, I say : let's get rid of all the annoyance and just remove all the English people from the street or ask them to all come to the police station, whatever they are drunk or not.

e eat mint Jelly, which is legal but a threat to good taste, I say : let's remove all english books from the shelves as they promote a horrible way of eating

Guess who are buying those drugs....not the black ones, mostly farangs and "so well groomed" expatriates...

Get rid of the customers and you won t have any dealers in the area

Everyone in BKK knows that if they need some Charlie Sheen they need to see one of our Nigerian brothers. Not only down on Pratunam and Sukhumwit but anywhere in town. They even deliver, 555. Some high up cops must be making a large profit from this or else it wouldn't even be happening

Sorry. I DON'T KNOW THAT. Neither do I want to. Carry on as you were. When your name comes up as having jumped from a great height... I will not be frail in my laughter.

They should do for everyone, why to profile based on the color.

If race is motive, look like Thai police needs a color blind test first!

Didn't take long for someone to use the race card.

They have every right to target the Africans. They hardly come here to open legit businesses.

And you know this how?

Perhaps he knows it the same way not all Muslims are terrorists, but the majority of terrorists are Muslims. Leads to racial profiling. In all the years I have lived in Thailand, I have met zero Nigerian tourists. I have been approached by many Nigerian con men or drug dealers or pimps.

That's what the thai think when they see you : they never saw a farang going with an older thai girl so they presume you re a sex toursit...

I have been approched many times by thai girls who wanted to come with me for money, so now i want to give money to any thai girl i meet and find attractive to bone them, but guess what : some of them don t agree....

The police obviously got some evidence against Aficans or Afro-caribbeans. Fine. So when they get some evidence against whites, watch out, they'll target whites and they can keep busy more than 80 police officers then. And when they get some evidence against Arabs they will target Arabs ... Or will they?

This has GONE FAR ENOUGH! Leave out the racism, IF YOU PLEASE.

"................................................................Yes let's stop using the word racist and just call it xenophobia after all this is Thailand hey..

Sorry. I DON'T KNOW THAT. Neither do I want to. Carry on as you were. When your name comes up as having jumped from a great height... I will not be frail in my laughter.

By making utterly racist comment like you made : "je suis Biko", I kind of hope you will jump too..

By the way, in thailand, you are the Biko