Best Way To Find A Condo?

drogon

Greetings to the community

I would like to know which way is better to find a decent condo in the sukhumvit area?

(I do not plan to go up 20-25k bht/month the first year)

- Read bangkok post adds?

- use a property company?

Any hint is welcome, thanks a lot

I would like to know which way is better to find a decent condo in the sukhumvit area?

You should look around Tonglor and Ekamai on Sukhumvit Rd.

We have some listings in the 15K a month range but most people in that range, walk the streets looking at places till they find something.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Although I am not in BKK, I have never been taken to see any apartment by an agent that I have seen in their ads, they always turn up and try to take me to see something completely different.

So the original ads that actually look interesting are just to get you 'Down the Shop' and sell you something else.

Edited by fisherd3

Neither.

If you can't read Thai, make friends with someone who can and buy the three or four weekly Thai-language property listings mags. Couple this with walking around an area you like with someone who can read Thai. You're bound to spot some photocopied ads taped to various bits of street furniture. Pretty much the two best, cheapest ways of finding somewhere to live in Bangkok.

Newbie here, please forgive the simple question:

I have heard from many, many people how inexpensive Thailand is, and then I see this:

You should look around Tonglor and Ekamai on Sukhumvit Rd.

We have some listings in the 15K a month range but most people in that range, walk the streets looking at places till they find something.

The way I am calculating things right now I am converting these costs directly to US Dollars, where I have been living. That comes to $400.00 per month, eh? That does not seem as incredibly inexpensive as I would expect. Did I get some thingwrong, or is this a typical price for a condo in this area of Thailand?

Those are rather expensive areas of BKK ...... however that is a cheap price in those areas for anything up to western standards.

You can get a room in BKK from 1200 baht+/mo ... but probably not unless you have someone to interpret for you! and those rooms won't be very liveable for someone that isn't used to the lifestyle/climate

<I pay 9k/mo for a 2br detatched house with a yard in the wealthiest province in Thailand. Just about 300 meters from the beach etc etc. Under the market rate for this area

but I speak Thai fairly well and could read and revise the contract. In BKK I had a place for 6k a month that was TINY but was up to western standards and only 400 meters from the skytrain before that I had a place that was further out and 6500/mo for a 1BR place in a green area .. but it would mean hanging outside of a songtheaw for 5 baht or taking a taxi for 80 baht just to get to the skytrain>

Edited by jdinasia

Hi All,

When we first moved to BKK from the UK last year it took us about 3 months to find a suitable condo, during which time we lived in a small serviced apartment (studio) in a hotel.

We tried all the above mentioned methods and did indeed find most of them very frustrating. Eventually we found an agent from Bangkok homes (I think his name was Nui) who was very helpful indeed and managed to get us our beautiful brand new condo at a very good price. He was the only one who didn't take us to see condos we couldn't afford and we didn't have to pay him a fee, although we did give him a generous tip.

If we were to move he would definitely be my first port-of-call.

Happy hunting!

L x