Nineteen-year-old woman raped for 12 years by stepfather

Thaivisa News

Bangkok – The Paveena Hongsakul Foundation has filed a police complaint calling attention to the plight of a woman, 19, who has been raped for 12 years by the stepfather.

The mother has been assisting in the rape of her biological daughter, the women’s and children’s rights advocacy foundation said.

Acting on the advice of a neighbour, the victim asked the foundation to rescue her from her family.

The foundation intervened and initiated the legal proceedings.

Based on the victim’s statement, she said she was raised by her grandmother until she was 7.

Her mother, who is employed by a food vendor and stepfather, who is a construction worker then took her into the family.

She said her stepfather sexually violated her several times over the years. Her mother knew about the frequent rapes but did nothing, she said.

She said she was forced to share the bed and mosquito net with her mother and stepfather.

And her stepfather often had sex with the mother and daughter in the same night.

She said she gave birth to a daughter when she was 12 after her stepfather made her pregnant.

She said when she was 15, she had once had the opportunity to flee home and to work at a construction site.

Her mother tracked her down and forced her to return home, saying her stepfather threatened to abandon her, she said.

She said she did not know what to do because she would be severely beaten by her mother if and when she asked one of the neighbours for help.

In December, she managed again to work in construction. This time she was raped and impregnated by a male worker before her mother forced her back home.

Recently a new neighbour moved to nearby house and told her about the foundation.

The victim is two-month pregnant. Khlong Luang police has detained the stepfather, 47, pending the completion of police report.

The stepfather has admitted to raping the victim and that their 7-year-old daughter is under his charge.

• Like 1

It's easy to raise a child and make it develop empathy. Then later there is much less chance of the grown up to become a rapist or murderer or some other criminal. But for that there's the condition that one loves his/her child. How can any mom or dad do that to a child? Cage the animals!

• Like 1

It's easy to raise a child and make it develop empathy. Then later there is much less chance of the grown up to become a rapist or murderer or some other criminal. But for that there's the condition that one loves his/her child. How can any mom or dad do that to a child? Cage the animals!

Darwin would recommend castration to end a defective gene line.

chemical castration would do the job and 20 years in a thai jail.

• Like 1

I keep trying to think of something to say about this but find myself speechless and livid that something like that could go on for so long much less happen at all. sad.png

Indeed. Speechless - other than to say "cut off his ba11s and hang them on the gate post".

As for the mother?.... well I am genuinely speechless.

Seems mummy was willing to do anything to keep the stepfather and the daughter was just a pawn.

yes and she is just as culpable.

Most definitely, you'd like to think a mother would have protected the daughter especially when it started at a tender age.

Seems mummy was willing to do anything to keep the stepfather and the daughter was just a pawn.

yes and she is just as culpable.

Most definitely, you'd like to think a mother would have protected the daughter especially when it started at a tender age.

That's exactly where fear and the break of co-dependency steps in. It also works two ways between the sexes. However, it is usually the male that smirks with power, and the female gives in, fearing all loss of self identity and placing emphasis on what good can come out of the situ. :'(

• Like 1

A good post "commerce"...thx for sharing.As you said we hear these stories from all over the world.during the last century and into this one the world(society) gets sicker every day.

I appreciate your response. But not really a 'good' post, as opposed to an eye-opening one. It's a very sad situation that this still goes on, even in the so called Western developed nations, with their social services in action etc. I wasn't sure whether or not to post such, as it is deeply saddening, and yet it is truth and the evidence lives in DNA proof. I just received wonderful news today about my own recovery from a physical illness, and I feel great, emotional, and positive. However, referring back to the case I experienced, the mental damage can NEVER be undone. The daughters are really messed up psychologically, and thus so is the next generation, and the next. It also affected me, although in minor ways.

I wish I could bring belated prosecution to the bastard father, but it is not within the realms of my remit, even though I (despite having little contact with the family, but do) read totally effed up characters in the family that will not seek help. Some even continue in the image of their father, and that is more frightening. The latter really is the scary part.

At least this Thai girl has removed herself from the abuse, and spoken out. A great many do not - and that is the greater bleakness of what is real in many societies, especially Thai - and I say especially Thai because it is believed that 25% of Thai girls suffer sexual abuse in some way or other at home. My source for that is one of Thailand's top psychologists who I cannot name for obvious reasons, but am able to share in private messaging. Not that the latter needs much questioning.

yes my choice of words was not the best but you know what i meant.breaking the cycle is the difficult part."like father like son" comes to mind.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Darwin would recommend castration to end a defective gene line.

The point end of a crowbar to the skull would be better.

• Like 1

I am waiting for some clear words from Mr. P or the Ministry for Culture and Moral on this one.

Sure, who is strongly against Miniskirts on TV or underboob -selfies, must be outraged by this!

Anytime now, folks!

...I will not hold my breath, though! coffee1.gif

Just shocking....and : I know, it doesn't only happen in Thailand, so ...shut up!

That is sick. The death penalty is not good enough for these perpetrators. They need to invent something more worse than the death penalty. Maybe their parents if still alive also get the death penalty too, that might make them think twice about doing these grotesque things.

• Like 1

That is sick. The death penalty is not good enough for these perpetrators. They need to invent something more worse than the death penalty. Maybe their parents if still alive also get the death penalty too, that might make them think twice about doing these grotesque things.

Maybe those people could be used for some serious experimental "researches" to invent some new medicine, supervised by Dr. Mengele & Co...

It's the mother who needs to face the firing squad. Let the male scum rot in jail. But the mother must die.

To die could be relief for too many. Let her suffer all her life long. And I mean really suffer. Wouldn't have been possible without mom's help.

That mom was in the same bed when the bastard did it, seems to be so strange that I don't know what to say. Hope her Karma will get her.

Edited by lostinisaan
  • Like 2