NACC: graft-busting efforts remain impartial

webfact

Quite right, I should have been direct. Graft-busting will not be impartial, allies of the junta will be exempt from investigation, and reports of graft in the military will be ignored, as they always have been.

While I don't share your opinion, if correct it would prove putting the shoe on the other foot causes whining.

Again the real purpose of many of the tribunals and regime run courts and committees is to cripple allies of the exiled Mr T.

To see nothing wrong with son, daughter, wife or any related person getting a job in government to help the incumbent is nepotism. To say it is OK reflects on the moral ability of those in power. That's the start.

So the police force is now free of corruption or was it the allies that were removed?

I find it incongruous and absurd that people will want to debate which political regime is better than the other regime: it’s a pointless debate. At the end of the day it’s who gets the recorded conviction that satisfies the moral bankrupt followers. But when people try to change, they are hounded as ‘not keeping with harmony, out of place or being inappropriate with their need for action'.

It would be nice to say the NACC is beyond approach from others. However, without the balance, absolute power will corrupt absolutely. It filters down from the top. This new 'article' should preserve a way of life that will benefit the most powerful. I may be off the mark a little but that is the problem?

Quite right, I should have been direct. Graft-busting will not be impartial, allies of the junta will be exempt from investigation, and reports of graft in the military will be ignored, as they always have been.

While I don't share your opinion, if correct it would prove putting the shoe on the other foot causes whining.

Unless you're wearing diving fins ? do you not think that transparency and accountability Hallowen shouid be right across the board? And anyone caught with fingers in pies be dealt with in the same manner and that the law is applicable to everyone regardless of their profession or connections?

do you beleiev there is no electoral inequality within Thailand and that everyone is treated equally and that the law and justice system favours nobody?

• Like 1

Again the real purpose of many of the tribunals and regime run courts and committees is to cripple allies of the exiled Mr T.

To see nothing wrong with son, daughter, wife or any related person getting a job in government to help the incumbent is nepotism. To say it is OK reflects on the moral ability of those in power. That's the start.

So the police force is now free of corruption or was it the allies that were removed?

I find it incongruous and absurd that people will want to debate which political regime is better than the other regime: it’s a pointless debate. At the end of the day it’s who gets the recorded conviction that satisfies the moral bankrupt followers. But when people try to change, they are hounded as ‘not keeping with harmony, out of place or being inappropriate with their need for action'.

It would be nice to say the NACC is beyond approach from others. However, without the balance, absolute power will corrupt absolutely. It filters down from the top. This new 'article' should preserve a way of life that will benefit the most powerful. I may be off the mark a little but that is the problem?

Look at it this way. The general locks up the crims on the red side, then when the Thaksin team gets in, they lock up those on the other side. The nett result is crims from both sides prosecuted and jailed, which to me is a far better result than announcing a STOP Corruption campaign which does nothing.

Oh, and appointing Chalerm to investigate corruption. Who has more experience?

I find it incongruous and absurd that people will want to debate which political regime is better than the other regime: its a pointless debate. At the end of the day its who gets the recorded conviction that satisfies the moral bankrupt followers. But when people try to change, they are hounded as not keeping with harmony, out of place or being inappropriate with their need for action'.

Look at it this way. The general locks up the crims on the red side, then when the Thaksin team gets in, they lock up those on the other side. The nett result is crims from both sides prosecuted and jailed, which to me is a far better result than announcing a STOP Corruption campaign which does nothing.

Other than the fact that some people here said nothing was done about corruption by the Reds how many dodgy Dems and yellows were locked up between 2011 and 2013?

Either they were doing little to punish those, and I do seem to recall a case concerning a rice Miller who was jailed part year for corruption under the Yingluck Regime and sentenced after her downfall.

I'm sure there will have been several casese dealt with in the 3 years but it sounds so much more sensationalist when people say she didn't do a single thing, well it's the law that brings these cases to court and the judiciary that hands out the sentences, so by accusing Yingluck of doing nothing is also accusing the same judiciary here today as under her, of doing nothing, you will notice I deliberately left out the BIB as its common knowledge they are part of the problem, and it's going to take a long time for that to be sorted as they're still taking fines all over the country daily and the tourist cops are just as bad, with many not knowing the laws as it is either!!

Other than the fact that some people here said nothing was done about corruption by the Reds how many dodgy Dems and yellows were locked up between 2011 and 2013?

Either they were doing little to punish those, and I do seem to recall a case concerning a rice Miller who was jailed part year for corruption under the Yingluck Regime and sentenced after her downfall.

I'm sure there will have been several casese dealt with in the 3 years but it sounds so much more sensationalist when people say she didn't do a single thing, well it's the law that brings these cases to court and the judiciary that hands out the sentences, so by accusing Yingluck of doing nothing is also accusing the same judiciary here today as under her, of doing nothing, you will notice I deliberately left out the BIB as its common knowledge they are part of the problem, and it's going to take a long time for that to be sorted as they're still taking fines all over the country daily and the tourist cops are just as bad, with many not knowing the laws as it is either!!

You don't think the BIB and DSI weren't busy in 2011-13 with cases of armed insurgency, murder, arson and the like, all of which were automatically dropped after an election?

You're sure that there were several cases, but seem to recall one? Selective imagination perhaps?

The judiciary don't hand out sentences until cases are prosecuted and guilt or innocence proven. What cases did the morally malleable Tarit bring to them?

As you acknowledge the BIB as bent, how does cases not brought reflect on the judiciary?

You don't think the BIB and DSI weren't busy in 2011-13 with cases of armed insurgency, murder, arson and the like, all of which were automatically dropped after an election?

You're sure that there were several cases, but seem to recall one? Selective imagination perhaps?

The judiciary don't hand out sentences until cases are prosecuted and guilt or innocence proven. What cases did the morally malleable Tarit bring to them?

As you acknowledge the BIB as bent, how does cases not brought reflect on the judiciary?

Would this be the insurgency in the south you're referring to?

That was just one case off the top of my head in response to those who said Yingluck never brought a single corruption case to court, but I guess you yourself would know ALL the cases presented and prosecuted all over Thailand to be able to state not one was ever brought to trial?

You mean not one was brought to trial that invlolved hi-so big players. How do you know that many smaller cases were not brought to trial and thise guilty jailed?

Corruption in Thailand isn't always about the Reds and yellows you know, I'm sure if someone had the time to research the years you mentioned and checked all the court records rhat there was probably quite a few done for corruption, just not the big players and the ones with political ramifications ?

Enlighten me, how many cases across the whole of Thailand were conducted between 2011 and 2013 that you are aware of? How many days a week do you spend at the local court house listening to the cases and what they're about?

I'm not disputing the facts that's corruption and cases have been put on the back burner or worse thrown out and never been submitted for trial, what I'm disputing is your sensationalist posts from time to time ?

Would this be the insurgency in the south you're referring to?

That was just one case off the top of my head in response to those who said Yingluck never brought a single corruption case to court, but I guess you yourself would know ALL the cases presented and prosecuted all over Thailand to be able to state not one was ever brought to trial?

You mean not one was brought to trial that invlolved hi-so big players. How do you know that many smaller cases were not brought to trial and thise guilty jailed?

Corruption in Thailand isn't always about the Reds and yellows you know, I'm sure if someone had the time to research the years you mentioned and checked all the court records rhat there was probably quite a few done for corruption, just not the big players and the ones with political ramifications ?

Enlighten me, how many cases across the whole of Thailand were conducted between 2011 and 2013 that you are aware of? How many days a week do you spend at the local court house listening to the cases and what they're about?

I'm not disputing the facts that's corruption and cases have been put on the back burner or worse thrown out and never been submitted for trial, what I'm disputing is your sensationalist posts from time to time ?

If you wonder why I usually ignore your replies, it is because they are difficult to understand, make false assumptions and routinely ask me to supply proof for claims I have never made, and often made by yourself, and usually far from the topic. eg

I said the STOP Corruption campaign did nothing (to stop corruption)

you change that to not a single case was brought, and immediately switch the topic to an earlier period and government. Why?

Also

"...how many dodgy Dems and yellows were locked up between 2011 and 2013?"

followed a post later by

"Enlighten me, how many cases across the whole of Thailand were conducted between 2011 and 2013 that you are aware of? How many days a week do you spend at the local court house listening to the cases and what they're about?"

Your reply was to a post raising questions about what you had written, also containing false assumptions. You don't bother to answer even one of those questions, yet expect me to answer yours based on false claims?

No I don't hang around courthouses, I reply on the press. I don't care about minor issues, I want to see those connected large scale offenders brought down. That it is happening now much more than before is indisputable (except by nitpickers like yourself) and I am happy to see criminals jailed irrespective of their allegiance. If it is a source of irritation to some that they perceive lack of impartiality, my suggestion was to wait their turn.

Edited by halloween