Hoffen Asia Windows

UKJASE

I,ve got Hoffen Windows UPVC from HomePro (10 alltogether about 29,000 bahts worth) on my shopping list for my ongoing house build but reading this makes me wonder...more information need I think-anyone else on TV have these windows and good or not sad.png

I have them. Are they good? Well depends on what you are comparing them against. If you're trying to make a comparison to windows you would buy in the West, they're not even close. Compared to the usual aluminum crap that is the norm here, they're pretty good

I,ve got Hoffen Windows UPVC from HomePro (10 alltogether about 29,000 bahts worth) on my shopping list for my ongoing house build but reading this makes me wonder...more information need I think-anyone else on TV have these windows and good or not sad.png

I have them. Are they good? Well depends on what you are comparing them against. If you're trying to make a comparison to windows you would buy in the West, they're not even close. Compared to the usual aluminum crap that is the norm here, they're pretty good

Thanks for your reply-I went with good quality aluminium windows in the end...........don,t trust Hoffen after this thread whistling.gif

yes mango - there have been some developments, but not much in the way of progress i am afraid. emails have been going back and forward, and i have told her if we dont get some progress soon then i am coming up to bangkok to the office i contacted the Consumer Protection people outlined in the first or second reply to my OP. but they did not even reply. (not sure of any other bodies i can contact....... do any TV people know?) i emailed Hoffen Asia and told them about the window handle replacement failing, and how we had the house (brand new build) blessed by the monks, and it was real hot, but we could not open the window where they were sat, as it had failed. very embarrassing for the wife seeing this is a brand new house! the manager said that any replacement parts we buy from them are not at all covered by any warranty at all. so even though the replacement handles were only a month or so old, they had no warranty at all! she offered to sell me some more smile.png..... so now i am asking to see where in their terms it states that the installation is only covered for 3 months, and any product failure after that is no longer covered, but even though i have asked for this twice, she has yet to show me where it states this. i have kept a blog about what has happened throughout and will put it online soon. so far 13 handles have failed since installation, and all hoffen asia will offer is for us to pay for more handles - which are the same as have already failed many times. i want to deal with someone higher up the ladder, but the lady i am dealing with (who speaks perfect english) says she is the manager. i am sure she must have a superior, but i do not know who it is. i dont suppose anyone reading this thread has any knowledge of the management system at hoffen asia do they? do these guys have a german counterpart?

You need to visit OCPB in their office in the Cityhall of the district where your house is located.

You should know by now that emails are useless in Thailand, and the Bangkok office will forward the case to the office in your district anyway.

I went with good quality aluminium windows in the end...........

Where did you find these and how much did they cost?

I spent a long time searching around Pattaya and only found a couple of places that could do anything that I would call "good quality" aluminium windows, and the prices were very high indeed.

I spent a long time searching around Pattaya and only found a couple of places that could do anything that I would call "good quality" aluminium windows, and the prices were very high indeed.

ARC does good quality aluminium windows imported from Europe, but definitely not cheap.

ARC does good quality aluminium windows imported from Europe, but definitely not cheap.

Seems the competition has got to them then , for at least a decade that I can remember they were saying how their "German" uPVC was the best and aluminum was something they were dead set against because of the benefits their uPVC had over it.

Seems the other guys that offer uPVC for the eastern seaboard got them down so they now offer aluminum too.

Go figure ???

Seems the competition has got to them then , for at least a decade that I can remember they were saying how their "German" uPVC was the best and aluminum was something they were dead set against because of the benefits their uPVC had over it.

Seems the other guys that offer uPVC for the eastern seaboard got them down so they now offer aluminum too.

Go figure ???

uPvc is far superior to the aluminium windows and doors that are offered in Thailand.

The imported aluminium windows that ARC, Sunparadise and Bangkok Vinyl are offering are whole different kind of animal than what you see around Thailand, and are more expensive than their uPvc windows.

• 7 months later...

Another lock just broke in our windows. That is ten that have now failed. More than half!! Hoffen only offered to replace them if we paid for each one. We now have ten windows that we cannot lock from the inside :(

• 5 months later...

I know this tread is oldish but I thought I'd give Hoffen a plug. UKJASE I think you must be doing something wrong when closing the window and opening them. On the latch there is a button that has Chinese symbols on it. This is a lock which is not easy to see and easily pressed on using the latch. Someone not knowing this would think there to be a fault and force the latch causing it to break. I have fitted all my windows, 16 total, and never had a fault develop with any of them. I also fitted a front sliding door measuring 2x2 m. Not a problem. Okay, I believe you, or some other, moaned earlier that the security of the locks wasn't very good. They're not meant to be being as HomePro also sell ready made security grills that fit all Hoffen windows and doors. They're concertina design, made by a firm called 'S.D Brilliant'. An excellent product and amazingly secure considering the price. I fitted that myself as well but found it too precise to be fitted by a novice DiY-er. I'm competent.

I have nothing what so ever to do with Hoffen or S.D Brilliant and I'm only stating how I found things regarding their products. Both companies products are great and are brilliant value for money. Forget the doom forecasters on this thread and look to buy Hoffen and S. D Brilliant. They're good, believe me.

post-92127-0-28737500-1468315634_thumb.j

Edited by sinbin

I know this tread is oldish but I thought I'd give Hoffen a plug. UKJASE I think you must be doing something wrong when closing the window and opening them. On the latch there is a button that has Chinese symbols on it. This is a lock which is not easy to see and easily pressed on using the latch. Someone not knowing this would think there to be a fault and force the latch causing it to break. I have fitted all my windows, 16 total, and never had a fault develop with any of them. I also fitted a front sliding door measuring 2x2 m. Not a problem. Okay, I believe you, or some other, moaned earlier that the security of the locks wasn't very good. They're not meant to be being as HomePro also sell ready made security grills that fit all Hoffen windows and doors. They're concertina design, made by a firm called 'S.D Brilliant'. An excellent product and amazingly secure considering the price. I fitted that myself as well but found it too precise to be fitted by a novice DiY-er. I'm competent.

I have nothing what so ever to do with Hoffen or S.D Brilliant and I'm only stating how I found things regarding their products. Both companies products are great and are brilliant value for money. Forget the doom forecasters on this thread and look to buy Hoffen and S. D Brilliant. They're good, believe me.

Hi Sinbin - happy you are satisfied with your windows.

re your comment about our locks, we actually paid a bit more and had actual locks, that a small key is required for locking the windows completely. The button to lift the handle is clear to see and we use this every time when opening the windows. It is not that we have used the windows incorrectly, it is just that about 50% of the locks have broken. The small bit of plastic that falls out when the window lock breaks, is always the same piece, so i guess that the design is lacking somewhat.

Hoffen did tell us that they sourced the handles from a third party, so hopefully they have addressed this problem now. It is just a shame that they refused to replace our locks, even after we had spent a large sum of cash with them (we bought directly from them, rather than going through homepro).

Overall we are happy with the windows, but the extra lock that we paid for, is missing in 50% of our windows (i hope no burglars are reading this!)

Hi Sinbin - happy you are satisfied with your windows.

The button to lift the handle is clear to see and we use this every time when opening the windows.

That there may be the difference as to why your locks break and mine haven't. We have no need, and I see any need, to press this 'locking button'. We find that flipping the latch is enough to secure the windows. We have fixed steel grills on the inside secured into the brickwork as a back-up.

I wasn't left with much choice but to have steel security grills as I'd recently had them fitted prior to deciding I needed the wooden windows replaced. With hindsight I'd go for the S.D Brilliant security grill from HomePro. I can't sing loud enough about this product.

The picture I put on in post #43 are on all my large windows 2.40 x 1.10m. By the way the picture shows them upside-down and the latch in the locked position. Whoever took the pic didn't know anything about the lock. Anyway I have some smaller Hoffen windows with lever handle locks but they do not come with a 'black button/key hole. As I wrote before, I also have a Hoffen double sliding door 2.05m x 2m and that does come with a key lock but that's a silver key hole, no handle, just an up/down slide lock and no black button.

May be you could put a photo on here as I've looked at the full range of Hoffen windows/doors and I have failed to see the type you are describing? confused.gif It may help others in knowing how to avoid faulty(?) Hoffen locks.

Nah, I've never seen that type of handle before and I've never seen Hoffen with lockable lever handles. The windows I have, and seen on display, have handles very similar to this 28_1372485239812_l.jpgor as per the image in post #43

Edited by sinbin

yea, if you pay about 450 baht extra per window, you can get the lockable handles, but as you may have guessed, i wouldnt recommend them.

PS are you affiliated with Hoffen at all Sinbin?

Surprising to see the OP keen to post so many problems over so long a period of time yet apparently not bothering to follow through with the consumer protection agency which would seem to be the most important place to be communicating rather than here.

i was just answering the guy's question Canopy. it was he who started up this old thread again.

i have been in thailand long enough to be reasonably sure that a Consumer Protection Agency probably does very little consumer protecting for a guy like me. if i had felt i would have had a chance with them, i would have been in contact, but i didnt feel that it would have been productive, i am afraid

yea, if you pay about 450 baht extra per window, you can get the lockable handles, but as you may have guessed, i wouldnt recommend them.

As far as I'm aware Hoffen do not supply, or offer, an alternative locking system with their 'ready made' windows at 'HomePro'. To get the lever you show in your picture then they'd have to be 'made to measure', in my opinion, which may give you the option of different handles.

As I stated before, I have no connections with Hoffen Windows. If you care to look at my post history it will clearly show you that I've never posted about Hoffen before now. I posted now because of the poor/ unjustified posts I have come across. There is an alternative to Hoffen ready made windows and they are 'Windsor'. Cost is considerably more but that wasn't a factor when I DiY-ed my windows. The size was the important thing as it defined on how much remedial work was required in fitting. Upon deciding Hoffen my choice it was then that I realised they weren't as bad as some say about them. Hence why I came to their defence.

Edited by sinbin

Surprising to see the OP keen to post so many problems over so long a period of time yet apparently not bothering to follow through with the consumer protection agency which would seem to be the most important place to be communicating rather than here.

That office at cw? total waste of time neither answered my emails or letters

As far as I'm aware Hoffen do not supply, or offer, an alternative locking system with their 'ready made' windows at 'HomePro'. To get the lever you show in your picture then they'd have to be 'made to measure', in my opinion, which may give you the option of different handles.

As I stated before, I have no connections with Hoffen Windows. If you care to look at my post history it will clearly show you that I've never posted about Hoffen before now. I posted now because of the poor/ unjustified posts I have come across. There is an alternative to Hoffen ready made windows and they are 'Windsor'. Cost is considerably more but that wasn't a factor when I DiY-ed my windows. The size was the important thing as it defined on how much remedial work was required in fitting. Upon deciding Hoffen my choice it was then that I realised they weren't as bad as some say about them. Hence why I came to their defence.

they were made to measure sinbin, we ordered direct from their office in bangkok, after visiting them.

we had 3 quotes from the staff at home pro, and each time the quote was vastly different to the previous one, so we gave up with them and ordered direct from Saisuree and her team, at the hoffen asia office, bangkok.

FYI i feel my post re the handles was justified, as many of them broke and we didnt get the support we were hoping for, when considering the money we had spent (22 windows and doors), but all in all, they are still pretty decent windows and good value

FYI i feel my post re the handles was justified, as many of them broke and we didnt get the support we were hoping for, when considering the money we had spent (22 windows and doors), but all in all, they are still pretty decent windows and good value

That last part reminds me of "But, other than that, Mr. Lincoln, how did you like the play?" biggrin.png