Happy New Year from Issan....I mean America

Warhammer820

I don't know why the "America," but if you're interested that could look just like an event in parts of America. When you're in the areas of really big farms and ranches the population density is very small and the flavor is very rural.

They would have some type of a bazaar or something on some vacant, unimproved land with tents and all once in a while. The smaller farmers might have a Saturday market. Living rather isolated on big farms and ranches they love to organize get-togethers.

Replace the people and dress style with average rural Americans and I've seen that video before. thumbsup.gif

Cheers

I don't know why the "America," but if you're interested that could look just like an event in parts of America. When you're in the areas of really big farms and ranches the population density is very small and the flavor is very rural.

They would have some type of a bazaar or something on some vacant, unimproved land with tents and all once in a while. The smaller farmers might have a Saturday market. Living rather isolated on big farms and ranches they love to organize get-togethers.

Replace the people and dress style with average rural Americans and I've seen that video before. thumbsup.gif

Cheers

I like those impromptu where all the gals come out and dance with you. Many times I have seen big stages set up with good looking dancers too. Best thing is to stay on the good side, and keep getting invited to these gatherings. We would be at one at least once a week. Plenty of talent there too....but the fun is the older gals trying to get the attention of the young male singer, while the husbands are too busy drinking and hanging with each other. Been to one where they gave me a cowboy hat and I had six ladies dancing around me right in front of the band. Lovely ladies shaking things on stage too. Everyone seemed happy...no fighting that I saw..but lots of drinking

Edited by slipperylobster

I took this video today in Louisiana. The wife was amazed that we were in America.

But who supplied the Isan (Thai language) music and the Singha sunscreens?

The local SE Asian community gets the stuff they miss from their hometown from imports and local stores.

• Like 1

Same thing in north fort worth, texas. Big Lao community. 8 wats in the area. Only thing that gave it away ( that was in US) was the ford expedition in the background. Way too big for Lao/Thai roads.

It's a similar size to the Pajero Sport my mother-in-law has.