Redeeming Award Points

bdenner

I am listed as a nominee on TW’s Royal Orchid Plus account. As she is about to loose 28K points on the 31st Dec. and can’t get away because of her studies. I thought I would use them for an upgrade on my trip to Perth later this month. The Thai International office in Udon said TW could not give them to me. I have been through their WEB site and it clearly states in Term #1

Each Royal Plus member may redeem awards for family, friends or any other individual of their choice using their award nominee list.

I am awaiting an email from them for clarification but feel I will be in limbo forever.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

I redeemed my own miles recently and had a very helpful man (United unfortunately for you :o ) who went out of his way to help me out. Call them and try to deal with someone over the phone instead, seems to work better that way.

I never had a problem with Thai using points.Infact it was a doodle and they could not have been more helpful.Maybe the bloke you are dealing with is the problem.Call the ROP number in BKK.I'm sure they will help you out.

This is from the last ROP newsletter...

Expiring Miles Changes

Great news! You have up to June 30, 2007 to redeem any 2006 expiring miles you may have in your account.

http://www.tgexperience.com/tg/e-news/sep0...n/more_time.htm

Edited by chuchok

My wife and I both redeemed points we were due to lose in December recently. It was so easy in Ubon.

I have extra remaining points I don't need and asked about transferring some of them to the wife. I was told I can transfer all or nothing.

I can't see any reason why they say your wife can't transfer the points to you if you also hold a Thai frequent flyer card.