Astigmatism and Lasic in thailand? Anyone do it Allready?

Sandman77

Hi!

I have astigmatism on left eye!

A correction , would coasts one eye 2500€ in eu!

How much is it in thailand ?

Any one do it all ready?

I was on many checkups at home should be pissible , but I still fear , because after Lasic eye more sensitive in sunlight!

Also not sure about quality of Lasic in thailand ?

A eye doctor at my home told me the Lasic mashine is so expensive that many doctors together share the coasts and every 4 year replaced by latest Modell

Also in meantime I have the dry eye syndrome and maybe then Lasic not possible

While a usa journey in Florida years ago I see in America Lasic doctors have in big shooping walls , doctors do it just after shopping Like buying a ice cream

But Iam still very sceptical , because there is no return when it's going wrong!

Many TV members, myself included, have had Lasik done in Thailand. The best place for this is TRSC http://www.lasikthai.com/ They are excellent.

It is often possible to correct astigmatism but they will need to examine you to know. Dry eye might be a contraindication but again, needs an individualized examination to tell.

They do not charge for initial consultation and will give you a clear idea of what results are likely in your specific case. they do not "push" the surgery and will advise against it if a particular patient's outcome is not likely to be good.

• 2 weeks later...

I think you need to think very, very carefully about having a flap cut in your eye. The Royal College of Ophthalmologists suggests (as does the research) that the results (overall) of surface treatments and LASIK are the same at 30 days. LASIK is a quicker recovery, so you don't tell your friends about how terrible the whole experience is. But cutting a 130 micron flap in a 500 micron structure that slopes in every direction is (in my view) totally nuts. You face a massive operation risk and an unknown long-term ectasia risk. The dry eye is a massive contraindication also. You need to get the dry eye sorted out, stop wearing lenses for months, possibly take high dose vitamin C before and after, shade your eyes from UV for a year (and be cautious after that, IMHO!)...

I had LASEK/PRK. Ask an honest ophthalmologist where the smart risk/reward bet is.

If your vision is correctable with specs that don't hurt your face I'd wear the glasses. I had a very high myopia prescription, I was contact lens intolerant, I did outdoor sports, my specs minimised images to a degree which meant I couldn't see.....Things had to be pretty bad before I took the plunge. It ain't minor surgery, whatever they tell you.

Thx for info!

I never use lenses!

Is there any limit about your eyeglass strength can to Lasic or not?

Have high diffrent on left and right eye!

Corneas (it seems) basically "like" being flattened. In other words, the results for simple myopia seem to be pretty good overall. For long sight and astigmatism things are generally thought to be a lot more difficult. I personally think that the results for long sight are so bad that it isn't worth trying. For astigmatism you need to think carefully about what you are dealing with. You are trying to cut a "wave" into the cornea with high and low points. If you have combined myopia and astigmatism - common - then you need to think about how the particular laser being used works. Some of the old lasers (madly) used to perform the two treatments in sequence, removing tissue for all of the myopia treatment and then separately doing the astigmatism treatments, removing a lot more tissue than necessary. Your cornea is about 500 microns thick - half the thickness of a credit card. If you can get by without mucking about with it you probably should. Cutting a flap, then vaporising tissue to produce a wave shape, and then sliding the flap back into place - hoping that it doesn't "vault" and sit proud of the wave - and then having the whole lot held together with your epithelium (50 microns) - do you really want that?

Read a few bad results and then see what you think.

http://www.visionsurgeryrehab.org/

I did lasik in 2003 in a hospital on rama vi and i think sri ayutthaya road or there abouts.

Now i am older and maybe scared to do it again, but so happy i did. I think now adays they use two lasers, one to cut and one to do the procedure. For mine they put a little box in My eye. Like a tiny guillotine to cut it and open it up. The only painful part was this box opening my eye so much. It was strange going blind for a few minutes but i could see again right afterwards and within a few days felt perfectly normal.

Oh yeah. I paid i forget how many baht, just remember it being the equivalent of around $us1100.

Edited by taony

• 4 months later...