Need Veterinarian - Emergency

sbaker8688

I found a baby kitten outside being attacked by an adult cat. I shooed the adult cat away and picked up the kitten. It is literally only 1 or 2 days old - eyes and ears aren't open yet. It has around 3 bite wounds or so and they were bleeding. I bought alcohol, cotton swabs, and another kind of antiseptic and cleaned his wounds with that the best I could.

Besides that, main problem is eating. I bought some whole milk at the store and I have a syringe. I've tried giving him some milk many times with the syringe but he won't take it - seems most of it is spit up or falls out of his mouth and goes on the outside, and maybe he coughs on the rest. I'm not sure how much is getting down him, but my guess is very little. Of course I know he really needs a special formula, but this is just a stopgap measure until I get him to a vet, as I don't know how long he's gone without eating.

Anyway, I need a vet. I'll just throw some nice-to-haves at yhou. Of course the vet must be decent, not some kind of quack. I'd like english-speaking. I'd like something nearby the Night Bazaar area. I'd like something easy to find and get to. Finally, I'm limited on transportation and what not - I'd like someone who has stuff like milk formula there to sell so I don't have to run all over God's green earth in the heat and traffic with a sick (dying) baby cat tucked under my arm trying to get formula or medicine or whatever else.

Thanks for any help you can give, and hopefully you'll respond soon.

• Like 1

Dont know the area that well, but I think you need to get some special milk from a pet store. If you can find goat milk that is better than cow milk. Easier for them to digest, preferably raw. Health food shops often have it.

Purpoon Animal Hospital on

242, Wualai Road, near Airport Plaza

The map for this clinic is on

www dot chiangmaiplaces dot com

If you have time until 9a.m. then you can also go to our favourite vet clinic.

They speak excellent English.

Ban Mha Ka Maew Animal Hospital

on Mahidol Road

There website is: www dot banmhakamaew dot com

Don't give cow milk, better try water only for the moment until you find the goad milk. Cans are sold in every pet food shop.

Good luck!

Hope you got the kitten to Dr. Nook just off Chang Klan Rd. by the Shangri La hotel. That's who we use for our cats. She's open from 8 am to 8 pm.

Often tom cats will kill a littler of newborn kittens so that the mother cat will go in heat again more quickly. Sounds like that may have been what was happening.

....after all has been said and done......let me just say......its nice to know that there are people out there like you....

The newborn may have been insignificant to all too many, but life , I'm sure , is most important to the kitten. Quietly you've got to have a warm fuzzy feeling inside..... As is said......"Good on ya "

• Like 2

Cardboard box photo is when i just picked him up from outside - you can see some blood from one wound. The others are later after i cleaned him up.

EDIT: well i tried twice to post photos here. if someone can tell me what i did wrong....

Edited by sbaker8688

As far as I am concerned, this is the only vet in Chiang Mai:

http://banmhakamaew.com/about_en.php

In case anyone is interested, Dr. Piyapong (Mor Aaa) left on 01 January of this year. Retired was the word he used. He's now at his Sansai clinic more often than he was before. I'll have to double check but I think he said his hours were going to be 10-12:00 then 15:00-20:00 M-F and also on Saturday. He was the best doctor there and he was there for many years. Without him, we wouldn't see the need to go there again.

Edited by elektrified

In case anyone is interested, Dr. Piyapong (Mor Aaa) left on 01 January of this year. Retired was the word he used. He's now at his Sansai clinic more often than he was before. I'll have to double check but I think he said his hours were going to be 10-12:00 then 15:00-20:00 M-F and also on Saturday. He was the best doctor there and he was there for many years. Without him, we wouldn't see the need to go there again.

Don`t agree.

All our my pets have been under the care of Dr Chakkrit Chittawissutthi for several years and he is brilliant.

elektrified: do you have an address of the clinic in Sansai or an internet site or google maps or gps coordinates?

Would save us some km into town?

Thanks.

elektrified: do you have an address of the clinic in Sansai or an internet site or google maps or gps coordinates?

Would save us some km into town?

Thanks.

I'll jot down his clinic address when I pass by next and post it.